• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Random suboxone medication counts? ?

• Thread starter Needs answers asap
  • Start date
N

Needs answers asap

Hello, my sub doc office called me for a random ua and med count. Never had a medication count for subs, does anyone know the process, do you just go in they count and out the door? Do they check the numbers on the back? Help???

they'll count to make sure you have not been taking your pills faster than you should be, e.g. if you have a prescription for 30 days worth at 2 pills per day, the pharmacy gives you 60 pills on day 1, if your doc wants a pill count on day 10, you should have at least 40 pills left (only having taken 20). they obviously make sure your pills are of the correct brand and dose too.

if you are "missing" your pills then you may lose your prescription

I'm a proud member of my local Methadone/Buprenorphine tandem clinic, so I'm familiar with med-counts, or as they are known in my neck of the woods, "Call-Backs" as they will typically call you and tell you that you need to come in and present your medication.

The harsh truth is that if they are even slightly on the ball and you haven't been taking your medication as prescribed, you will get caught and unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to help you out with this. At my clinic you can have your carries taken away (daily dosing at the clinic) just for taking a dose meant for Tuesday on a Monday, dig? They are very strict as both medications are highyl controlled and monitored.

Whether you're at a clinic or seeing a private prescriber, I can only imaging the consequences will be similar once your prescribing Doctor finds out you've been using your medication in ways in which it wasn't intended to be used. I'm surprised they didn't go over the process with you beforehand, like what happens when you get called, what you have to do and what potential consequences are.