Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

Too bad that earring of his makes him look like a complete tool.

In answering an NEMD question I was reminded how much I enjoyed watching Swing Kids quite a few years back. I wonder if I'd still like it...

thoughts on this film?

How the hell does a tard like Rachael Ray get like 20 shows on various cable stations? I want to jam my thumbs my eye sockets anytime I see her scary ass face come on TV.

Seeing as Rocky Balboa was coming out on DVD and I thought I wanted to see it, I decided I should catch the other five moofies again since I hadn't seen them for a while so I downloaded the Rocky Anthology from BT.

LOL... all five of them... Christ.

I've just finished watching number four, I have to say, the first and second one's were definitely the best. Something just went really wrong in the 80's... Hulk Hogan and Mr T in the third one... oh man.

I think I'm all Rocky'd out and from what I've read of the fifth one I don't know if I can make it through.

=D

atlas said:
by not making the lowest common denominator feel stupid.

my finger is tapping my nose in response to your response.

that is what it is about....i would assume. she makes everything *simple* she simplifies shit that isn't even freaking difficult in the first place.

oh, that, and she is as annoying as a retarded little brother. only, you don't love her.

DarthMom said:

oh, that, and she is as annoying as a retarded little brother.

Only, you don't love her.

DarkMom, your comment above was very funny, yet inaccurate.

I HATE my retarded little brother.

On topic, I find it extremely unfortunate that maket forces seem to have dictated that highbrow comedy with actual accomplished ACTORS (read: NOT stand-up comics - and I'm a stand-up comic - we should be the ones WRITING the sit-coms, but let's let the actors ACT in them) is a thing of the past.

I miss Frasier, Cheers, Taxi, All In The Family and The Honeymooners.

While I *LOVE* the fact that there's more great animated comedy than ever before (Family Guy, OLD Simpsons, South Park, Dr. Katz, Home Movies, etc.), there's something to be said for getting to watch brilliantly trained actors (like David Hyde Pierce, to name one) act out well-written comedy.

My Name Is Earl is the closest thing to those shows that's CURRENTLY on TV, in my opinion, but while I feel the concept of Earl is BRILLIANT, the writing is only good, but not great.

L2R said:
so many war films
tales of absolute horror
or glorification

or desensitisation
?

I mentioned The Thin Red Line on the first page of this thread.

fruitfly said:
OMG I want to have like a million of his babies. =D I LOVE Bourdain. He rocks it everywhere he goes.

My #1 fave travel show, though, is Globe Trekker -- with Ian Wright as the host. :)

I like Ian Wright as the host too! Everyone else seems to dislike him. Their loss though, right? :)

I haven't seen wright, but love bourdain....and that other fat guy that does that travel special where he goes all over and eats wierd ass food, like that fruit that smells so bad it is banned in some cities.

bourdain is a hot old guy, but not as hot as mike rowe, from dirty jobs, YUM. did you know he used to sing opera? so cool.

^^
Dirty jobs is hilarious. I wish I was a whale autopsy technician so I could meet mike lowe.

That fat guy who eats whatever a japanese man slides under his nose freaks me out, though.

Someone please explain Donnie Darko to me. I dont understand the ending.

So, was he really dead the whole movie or what? Was all that a dream?

I only saw it once and i prolly have to watch it again.

^ i think of it more in terms of "what if?". if that's the case, you don't have to get too attached to what is actually happening and what might be happening. think in terms of possibilities.

alasdair