• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random questions thread - shit you wonder about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gulp and Slide

They do B, must depend on the label. How come anal sex is still illegal in some states in the US? Is it like that in other countries?

Goodmane said:
What i really wanna know is, why do people use acronyms all the time on forums? Ok, if you had to type a certain sentence a hundred times a day it would save time, but that's hardly the case. It also doesn't sound or look cooler (and don't even get me started on people who use them in real life. Every time i actually hear someone say "lol" i have to refrain myself from smacking them in the back of the head. :| )
why? if it wasn't for smilies and acronyms such as lol we wouldn't have a clue if we were entertaining each other, and I think that is important. without a facial expression and body movement to go along with posts, many come out wrong. people are more open if they feel more comfortable. we wouldn't be able to get a friendly vibe going as much. it makes your posts more personal too. i am a lagher. I laugh a lot, and loud. and hence, i do use lol a lot.

would you prefer they type out, "i am laughing my ass off over here, that is funny" when lmao is just as succint?

Okay, is WHOLE MILK the same as FULL CREAM MILK or FRESH MILK?
In terms of fat content, yes, they are the same.

Why don't Americans list their Alcohol percentages on beer?
It depends on the beer -- some do. But I agree, it's really annoying when you can't find the %. Especially since the % is definitely a factor in which beer I choose.

DarthMom said:
why? if it wasn't for smilies and acronyms such as lol we wouldn't have a clue if we were entertaining each other, and I think that is important. without a facial expression and body movement to go along with posts, many come out wrong. people are more open if they feel more comfortable. we wouldn't be able to get a friendly vibe going as much. it makes your posts more personal too. i am a lagher. I laugh a lot, and loud. and hence, i do use lol a lot.

would you prefer they type out, "i am laughing my ass off over here, that is funny" when lmao is just as succint?

Nothing wrong with laughing at all, and yes, in communication through writing we really do need extra hints as to the emotions they invoke. I admit i regularly lol too.

That said, i'd personally prefer if someone said "oh man, that is the fucking funniest thing i ever read" instead of lol, lmao or rofl. ;)

Goodmane said:
Nothing wrong with laughing at all, and yes, in communication through writing we really do need extra hints as to the emotions they invoke. I admit i regularly lol too.

That said, i'd personally prefer if someone said "oh man, that is the fucking funniest thing i ever read" instead of lol, lmao or rofl. ;)

yeah I see what you mean, it would sound more sincere.

I didn't notice in your first post you said you were annoyed by people who said it in person, i thought you were referring to it being said online....I said lol once in real life. but it wasn't me tryign to be funny, it was disturbing because it meant I need to get my ass off of the computer so much.

although i did think it was funny when someone was interrupting me and i said "dont derail my thread!!" :X =D

Haha, that's classic. I think i might actually use that line in real life. :D

Well, only if people would get the joke.

You know i always wondered why they don't serve HOT DOGS at places like mcdonalds and burger king. it would make sense, i mean hot dogs and hamburgers are a great combination.

~
me

It's more annoying that calories/sugar/carb content isn't listed.

^^They got the calories and all that shit at most all fast food places, on the wall. you just gotta go over where the job applications are at and the poster is there, in most places i been. wendys, mcD's, BK, etc.

how are you supposed to promounce "worcestschire?" if that is even how you spell it. the sauce. Worst catcher? lol. this one fucks me up. i never ate the shit so i wouldnt know from experience.

And abotu the alcohol:
Some beers do, like someone else said. just go for a 40 if you cant figure out what regular beer to get. you know malt liqour gets ya quicker.

Random info also: the % on Natty Ice (=P) is 5.8

Up in Canada all our beers are labeled. So I was a little confused when I went down to the states (I wanted to see how light Bud Light really was, but there was no percentage). It's kinda strange to see Moosehead labelled as an import. In the states the beer packaging is so flashy I can't even tell the name of the beer. Very different than typical Canadian beer packaging.

Typical Canadian beer is 5 to 5.5% I'm guessing most American beer is the same? Malt liquor excluded (I've seen one as high as 12% called EKU tasted terrible).

I totally mispronounce worcestershire sauce as "wur kest ur shire" sauce I think it's either "Wurshurshur" or "woostershire" Worcester the town is pronounce "Wooster" as far as I know.

/\ In my area of England we prounounce Worchestershire wuh-chuster-sheer

i pronounce it woo-ste-shire. whether that's correct or not i don't know. :D

^^ I second that - and I am sure it is the correct way. It is "wuss-tea-shire" (... as you put) or "wuss-tea-share". And when I made that comment about calories/carb/sugars etc, I meant on the beer, not from food - food is mostly labelled with that. Other drinks are, why not beer/alcohol?

Oh, and lacey, you've probably eaten it. It's in tons of things -- steak sauce, chex mix, lots of soups and stews,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.