PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Random psychedelic thoughts

ChipTrippyFox

Bluelighter
What are some of your random psychedelic thoughts

or

what are some epiphanies you've had while under the influence of psychedelics.

For instance; my thought that inspired this thread (Induced by some nice vaped marijuana potentiated with lemongrass oil (β-myrcene) + some vodka after many months of abstaining from any alcohol... Needless to say I feel pretty good right now!!)

It takes a lot less energy to produce (and in turn block) high frequency (treble) vibrations/sounds than it does for low frequency (bass) vibrations HOWEVER it requires a LOT more DATA to produce high frequency vibrations digitally without loss. This occurred to me when I was trying to find a nice quality recording of one of my favorite bands from when I was a teen and I had trouble finding a good digital copy to listen to. Just kinda tripped me out for a little bit.

Now your turn :)

Last edited:
For the record let's also include strange coincidental (mis)happenings while under the influence

I would say most epiphanys I've had were also the result of booze+weed , and most were not remembered afterwards!!

I find that I am for the most part able to recall instances like these at least for a while, some of them linger off as other long term memories take their place but regardless I am thankful that neither alcohol nor marijuana has a major negative impact on my memory functions.

For the record I never get hung over like.. 95% of the time. A lot to do with knowing my limit but I've even gone overboard and still woke up okay more often than not. I find it also helps if I attempt to stay awake until I start feeling like the liquor is losing it's effect; accompanied by good hydration (water or hydrational supplements strictly, little/no sugars )

I would say most epiphanys I've had were also the result of booze+weed , and most were not remembered afterwards!!
this. recently I had a pretty interesting and comprehensive thought about something in my life while falling asleep (stoned as fuck). needless to say, I have no idea anymore what it was ;)

Occasionally my thoughts merge together when I'm really mashed. For example "get your sunglasses, go outside and smoke a joint" might become "go outside and smoke your sunglasses". I love it!

Bugs sittin' outside on my window's screen as I am blowing vapor and smoke out at them; are they gittn' high? :p Fly high little buggies.

So there I was again, in that place, on the seventh hour of an acid trip...wondering what happened to my mind, wondering how all of this that we experience day to day is even possible or conceivable, but mostly wondering if I would ever really be the same again. Perhaps I lost something, perhaps I found something, but I would like to think I am better for it. :)

My Epiphany: that the visible universe is just the tip of the iceberg....

I got into a bit of a dark looped thought pattern recently.
Everything consumes energy. Life, planets, stars, everything. Living or non-living everything just consumes whether it wants to or not. But then I started thinking everything just turns one form of energy to another, a constant state of consuming and recycling.
This was paired with cev's of expanding solar systems that would suck in on themselves and create a vortex that eventually exploded into new solar systems.

The main way it changed me - and it happened over a series of mushroom trips many years ago - is that I came to realize that everything I once thought was real was in fact an illusion. I think it's sometimes known as "derealization" and "depersonalization" but I prefer the term "realization" or "re-realization" because it's something you have known many times before, like coming home. It let me to study eastern religion and yoga, and I believe that I have led lifetime after lifetime of delusion, probably not all on planet earth but travelling throughout the Cosmos. I want this to end - this deluded and unsatisfying form of experience - it can be so much more - well that it beside the point - the point is to not want anything at all. The point is to die before your life comes to an end. But I believe it is possible for the cycle of death and rebirth in the form of Sentient Beings to come to an end, when you're ready to give up the madness and merge with the everything that exists as a whole. However I don't believe there is a soul, "you" are not travelling from body to body but it's the cosmos manifesting itself in a continuous stream of consciousness.

Not to be judgemental, but I see that humans are very much asleep. They are denying themselves the experience of the true nature of reality, and they have created a whole facade - a whole mirage to hide themselves from what's real. For example everyone thinks they have a name. Everyone thinks they have a bank account. Everyone likes to compare themselves to other people and they strive for success. Everyone likes different styles of music. Everyone thinks they are unique and different. Everyone dresses up in different ways to make desired impressions on other beings they encounter, it's like a peacock's feathers. Everyone is all caught up in making money, politics, current affairs, being "good" vs being "evil." Nice cars, aircraft, big houses... the whole idea of property, that "you" own something over other people. People go to war and kill each other of the dumbest nonsense imaginable, just because they are bored and like to fight to stand up for differences in opinion that fundamentally don't even exist. It's all bullshit, and I am guilty of it too.

This has led me to a path in which I am seeking deeper states of awareness. It is like the unfolding of an onion and as you go deeper it's like viewing reality on different levels. I came to realize that I didn't exist as separate from the world around me and that my identity is more in touch with my experience. So other Sentient Beings I interact with are as much a part of who I am as myself, and there is no difference, I don't like to use the word "ego" too much because I feel that it is overused, and that part of me is still there. It will always be there and I'll never deny that I have an ego because it is a fundamental part of being a human being. It's just a part that you can become aware of and transcend to become a more compassionate human being. Why be competitive, why judge yourself compared to other people if you know that you're basically comparing yourself to yourself and it's all the same? Why give yourself preferential treatment over the rest of the universe - reaping the planet for all it's worth and just hiding your pollution somewhere, for example. It's one thing to know, and another thing to practice what you preach. That is why I trip once a month, as a constant refresher and reminder.

A lot of this is difficult to communicate with the human language because it's not really what language was designed for. It's more intuitive.

ShroomySatori: Your right that these ideas can be thought and felt better than explained with words, but you do a pretty damn good job of getting the point across with language regardless.

The main way it changed me - and it happened over a series of mushroom trips many years ago - is that I came to realize that everything I once thought was real was in fact an illusion. I think it's sometimes known as "derealization" and "depersonalization" but I prefer the term "realization" or "re-realization" because it's something you have known many times before, like coming home. It let me to study eastern religion and yoga, and I believe that I have led lifetime after lifetime of delusion, probably not all on planet earth but travelling throughout the Cosmos. I want this to end - this deluded and unsatisfying form of experience - it can be so much more - well that it beside the point - the point is to not want anything at all. The point is to die before your life comes to an end. But I believe it is possible for the cycle of death and rebirth in the form of Sentient Beings to come to an end, when you're ready to give up the madness and merge with the everything that exists as a whole. However I don't believe there is a soul, "you" are not travelling from body to body but it's the cosmos manifesting itself in a continuous stream of consciousness.

Not to be judgemental, but I see that humans are very much asleep. They are denying themselves the experience of the true nature of reality, and they have created a whole facade - a whole mirage to hide themselves from what's real. For example everyone thinks they have a name. Everyone thinks they have a bank account. Everyone likes to compare themselves to other people and they strive for success. Everyone likes different styles of music. Everyone thinks they are unique and different. Everyone dresses up in different ways to make desired impressions on other beings they encounter, it's like a peacock's feathers. Everyone is all caught up in making money, politics, current affairs, being "good" vs being "evil." Nice cars, aircraft, big houses... the whole idea of property, that "you" own something over other people. People go to war and kill each other of the dumbest nonsense imaginable, just because they are bored and like to fight to stand up for differences in opinion that fundamentally don't even exist. It's all bullshit, and I am guilty of it too.

This has led me to a path in which I am seeking deeper states of awareness. It is like the unfolding of an onion and as you go deeper it's like viewing reality on different levels. I came to realize that I didn't exist as separate from the world around me and that my identity is more in touch with my experience. So other Sentient Beings I interact with are as much a part of who I am as myself, and there is no difference, I don't like to use the word "ego" too much because I feel that it is overused, and that part of me is still there. It will always be there and I'll never deny that I have an ego because it is a fundamental part of being a human being. It's just a part that you can become aware of and transcend to become a more compassionate human being. Why be competitive, why judge yourself compared to other people if you know that you're basically comparing yourself to yourself and it's all the same? Why give yourself preferential treatment over the rest of the universe - reaping the planet for all it's worth and just hiding your pollution somewhere, for example. It's one thing to know, and another thing to practice what you preach. That is why I trip once a month, as a constant refresher and reminder.

A lot of this is difficult to communicate with the human language because it's not really what language was designed for. It's more intuitive.
^I concur my friend and I've only had mild forms of this particular drug.
But this is truth!

Cheers to the awakened ones. Know that the transformation itself is an illusion as well. Thinking you are at a higher state of awareness than others will only hold you back. Everyone is already there, everyone is awakened but we've lost touch with our spiritual nature through delusion manifesting in attachments, envy, greed, jealousy... and not just that but the whole facade of human society that I had mentioned, the idea that all of human society is an illusion. But society and the way we are typically raised and conditioned really makes it hard on us these days. A lot of people are raised religious - I'm not saying it's bad but that it can totally close the mind. I felt guilty when I stopped going to church, and my parents made me feel bad about it. In my experience the community of churchgoers are not exactly enlightened beings, they probably hardly pay attention to the preacher and it's more of a communal / societal thing. Not to say there isn't any truth in the metaphors, I think there is some truth to Huxley's perennial philosophy, that all religions have some underlying fundamental concepts and are all trying to communicate the nature of reality through metaphors and through alluding to it. I work the best with Buddhism but again I consider myself to be Nothingness so I try not to attach myself to any sort of thing at all.

At the same time, we are living in an exciting time of a Great Transformation. I'm not sure where the human race is headed, but as a whole we are blossoming into something that is really hard to predict in advance. Or we might just destroy ourselves, there's that possibility as well. Honestly I'm leaning more towards the latter than the former, I think that there are some fundamental flaws in our mental constructs that are primitive and out of date, that might have been useful in the caveman era for survival, but not now. Like social anxiety for instance, how we sometimes don't see strangers as our fellow companions. But who am I to question the way that things are... although I take that back, it's all I do : p

That's why in my opinion psychedelics are so useful, to 'break out' of the vast construct of societal conditioning which has resulted in the way that we think, and the way that we have evolved from tiny organisms at the dawn of life on this planet has strongly conditioned us too. Through psychedelics, maybe we can control the way we evolve, because I think it's more in our hands than ever before. But is there really free will? Do we choose to take these chemical catalysts, or are they brought upon us by fate? There needs to be more love, more equality, more compassion, less self-centered behaviour. Widespread knowledge of the Truth will allow the human race to reach its full potential, whatever that means. But we're so competitive with each other and in my opinion we need to chill out a bit... nothing at all needs to be done. Society is changing so quickly these days that it's tough for people to adapt. The disparity is just unreal, like how are some people 'worth' more than others. We have starving children on one hand, billionaires on the other. It's like a disease almost. Not to say I know how to solve all the world's problems because that is all too complicated.

By the way, I used to see spirits as a young child... just pointing that out. I think it's really interesting, I was never afraid, they were just always there. Especially at night, it was easier to 'see' them then even though it certainly wasn't in the form of electromagnetic radiation from ~ 400 to 700 nm. I was in touch with ethereal beings more than ever when I was young. Before I was corrupted by society haha. But I totally think there are forms of life or consciousness out there that are beyond our usual senses. Society tends to suppress any form of occult practice or thought.

Last edited:
Unfortunately in today's society, success and competition go hand in hand. It's something I'm really fighting right now, embrace my inner egotistical, capitalist mindset for real-world success; or, embrace my spirituality and cosmic orgins only to be a simple hermit. It's tough to choose the latter path, especially when one has been brought up in the hedonism of modern western civilization.

I agree that thinking one is more awakened than anyone else is delusional, basically everything in our reality is an illusion when there is no way of knowing anything with certainty. Obviously though, to anyone with a working bullshit detector, western religion is a great bit more illogical than any theories psychedelics or science have led us to. And while I think there can be profound moments of understanding in a human life, for the most part we never come close to figuring it out. Rightfully so, because if we ever understood life completely we would cease to be human.

As far as observing things while sober that cannot be explained by science. I've had a few of these moments myself. While in no way does this make me say, "yeah, no doubt there's an afterlife," it does make me think that the human experience is just one possible outcome among the infinite possible realities intersecting with the space-time fabric of our own universe. And that just maybe, human beings have a higher purpose than simply living to return to dust.

I can totally relate to your first paragraph there. A part of myself is ascetic in nature, but in order to survive in modern society, that is becoming increasingly difficult. There are many benefits of living in society, like good health care (well sort of... I'd definitely need a field of opium poppies if I ever chose the way of the hermit, with my debilitating chronic back pain). I think being an ascetic hermit and being successful in the workplace are both possible, if you bring the cosmic consciousness to your daily job. After all, everywhere is exactly the same. You don't need to be alone on a mountain to meditate. Everything is the same conscious awareness, it's just hard to remind myself of that sometimes. I do well in nature.

I have an engineering degree, but I'm finding it tough to integrate. It seems that it's hard enough to find any job at all these days. I'd really like to work in aerospace engineering, working on space telescopes or something like that, but the competition is fierce and while I was younger in school partying, relationships, working out, smoking weed, hanging out with friends in meadows and collaborating on delicious meals kind of took priority over serious studying. Alas, I still passed pretty well. But I often find myself in jobs, working long hours, questioning if I'm using my time wisely. And there's no way I could give up my ego completely in that type of environment. But, as I like to put it sometimes, if I'm really aware of things, they ain't got shit on me. I could be locked up in a cage being fed dog food, content with life as could be if I really knew what was up.

I'm just kind of expressing my thoughts here, too. I find that when I write, ideas and emotions can flow that are more difficult to express and experience otherwise. I also have a bullshit detector but didn't really want to offend anyone who happens across here and is very religious. I think that it is in the nature of a human being to never come close to understanding all the mysteries of life. To admit this would be to stop searching and learning. The buddhists say that belief in God is just another form of attachment that will impede spiritual transformation. I don't think they're exactly atheists in the traditional sense however (I'm really into eastern mysticism, studying it personally with a grain of salt, and I find a lot of parallels between physics and their basic tenets. With quantum mechanics and general relativity,

My thoughts about spirits did not necessitate the idea of an afterlife, although I do think that continuity of consciousness is a very real possibility. But to think of humans as we are, passing away and then kind of sticking around doesn't make as much sense to me. More like leaving a lasting impression maybe...

A higher purpose to life is a nice thought. I've experienced enough synchronicity to realize that there are ways of communicating telepathically, beyond language as well. Coincidences that are just way too insane and unbelievable to be mere chance. I know it can always be explained by the laws of probability but man... some things have just been too crazy. Quantum entanglement could help explain telepathic connections, but of course this is just a theory going on my own experiences with strange connections with others.

The infinite is an interesting concept to study as well. Sometimes I believe that everything that is possible to exist manifests as a reality. The anthropic and weak anthropic principles are worth a look. Essentially if you look at the deepest underlying physical laws that scientists describe the universe with, there are numerical constants that are very finely tweaked. We've deduced that if they were even slightly altered, everything would go out of whack. We wouldn't have planets in nice orbits around stars. So like maybe they were set up by some higher intelligence, or that everything that all the possible universes with all the varying parameters are a reality and only some universes like ours wind up harbouring life.

Last edited:
The trip is just a cycle of thoughts happy sad excited angry scared one in which I must break to get free and find myself via visual thoughts and mathematical equations (in a storm drain on doc )