• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Raising Consciousness

Oh, I see. Yes, that must have been a mistake. He did found the Institute of Spiritual Research, I think.

Just Hawkins was a lot more than pseudo-science. He actually started to get some scientific recognition for his work. It's so far ahead of its time, though.

I wish I could contribute some things to this thread about the main topic, but I'm afraid I kind of cheated when it comes to raising consciousness. Supplements, ginseng, psychedelics... just to name a few of how I came to raise my consciousness.

What I do know is the journey never really stops. As long as you're not a bruja/brujo or evil sorcerer/ess there are always more layers to breach and surpass and all-in-all keep going... higher and higher.

Ninae, thank you for the Map of Consciousness! I much enjoy when information is visually organized. ;)

I recommend this little and quickly readable book for those who reliant on their logic in understanding of God and higher consciousness: "Why God won't go away: Brain Science and the Biology of Belief" by Andrew Newberg and Eugene D'Aquili. The book directs our attention to the very end reason for living - to reach that higher transcendent state of development, and this self-transcending function is integrated in ALL of us, but takes work and lots of attention focusing to activate it.

That sounds good, thanks. You seem pretty advanced. There are some great books and CDs about the physical changes that occur with enlightenment, how you can rewire your brain, and really lots of new research. It's just slow to make its way into the mainstream.

But, yea, on the scale of consciousness I think I average on the level of Willingness. Or I'm optimistic, but not really harmonious or accepting. I so want to make it up to the level of love Love. That would be amazing. We all get pulled down by energy fields belonging to the lower levels, though.

Wow, look at the Wikipedia entry of David Hawkins, his spiritual work has been completely erased from it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hawkins_(philosopher)

I guess they're not too keen on his work becoming more widespread. That is completely ridiculous, though. But it seems keeping the consciousness level of the masses down is the whole game of this world.

We all get pulled down by energy fields belonging to the lower levels, though.
- well said...
I think thats what some people call "facing your demons" - when you are being "pulled back" down by basic animalistic instinct-based energies after getting glimpses on those upper levels of consciousness development.

Wikipedia is very much controlled, hiding specific facts imo is not the best way to run an open infinite world's encyclopedia.:|

Ninae, I think you are on the Right Way! ;)

LOL. Yes, it blew my mind how there was no mention of spirituality in his entry, even though that was what he was mainly known for..I guess his research is a bit problematic as it delivers a real science to spiritual development that gets real results.

They don't want us to talk about Hawkins, they want us to argue about whether the Bible or evolution is right, and outdated perspectives like that.

Where did LB's post go? I was going to say he was right and I only thought it was him because he also studied philosophy. Hawkins was actually a doctor in both medicine and philosphy. We need more people like that.

I notice there's more from a science background getting into it these days. So maybe the age-old divide between spirituality and science, which only serves to keep us in the dark ages, is finally beginning to dissolve.

Last edited:
I notice there's more from a science background getting into it these days. So maybe the age-old divide between spirituality and science, which only serves to keep us in the dark ages, is finally beginning to dissolve.
I would hope this would be the case.

That's how it should be. Peter Deunov was both a priest and a scientist and Tesla was a spiritual person as well. It's an artificial divide that only serves to uphold ignorance and make us waste energy on that conflict.

I deleted my post cause, whatever, I'm feel like whenever Hawkins name comes up I get all hawkish about fact checking. He is after all an oracle (we all are) if you take what he says seriously. A little fact checking goes a long way Ninae before you post links and make claims about them is all. You should also consider his work more and see if you can integrate it with the other stuff you post about cause the message gets confusing at times.

It's funny cause Hawkins claims we can fact check anything using his scale and the process itself raises our consciousness. The basic premise makes sense to me actually. I dabbled a bit with kinesiology and I got to admit it scared me a little even though there was something very compelling to it. I worked with a practitioner who worked within a different framework and it kept bringing up all this stuff about me. I was the one saying yes or no with my muscle testing to the questions, but the questions were confusing. Some I didn't want to really answer but would get all muddled up about why.

it was piling up more than my brain could process it and more than I felt I could address it and trust the answers. I disliked that feeling. If the human body has this oracle-like quality of knowing the truth and being able to test for it, well it changes everything but it makes it so that one has to question absolutely everything, and that's a bit hard to integrate and piece back together again for someone like me. it would certainly help to address this firehouse of information humanity is faced with where trusting information is the key. The framework in which the question is asked is as important as the answer if we want truth.

Hawkins claims to have made a map that allows us to address the question of truth and help us purify ourselves and raise our vibration in the process. It's very compelling and I believe there is truth to it, but some things don't add up to me and it bothers me. His work is a bit of a mind fuck, but ultimately I need to study it more. My own resistances and image of what my life should look like make this a bit of a wall even though he is inclusive of most everything so I can't fault him on being close minded.

Yes, I haven't really given any thought to the muscle-testing, or that doesn't interest me so much. I'm just really impressed with his psychotherapy. Or reading your way up through the levels of consciousness when reading "The Levels of Consciousness" can be a Godsend when you're going through a hard time.

I guess you maybe haven't had that experience so you don't see it from that viewpoint. Also, the way he describes the transcendent spiritual states above the ordinary ego states I find very helpful. I'm not really concerned about all the details of it, or why focus on that when there is so much good stuff?

He doesn't have to be right about everything and I'm not saying he was. We don't need to start a little fan club here, there are other teachers I love more. He was just able to present it in a different and more practical way than the traditional spiritual gurus, and I appreciate that.