• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Radical Oxy/Hydro Difference

jpt1109

Greenlighter
So I have used Norco 10/325's off and on for about 4 months and generally do not exceed 10mg/day, typically only using 3 or 4 per week when I'm at work (I'm a server and they make me far more sociable, and not to mention make working a lot more enjoyable). I have never felt myself have serious cravings for the drug other than at times looking forward to work when I've gone without for a couple of days. However, after coming across some 5mg percocets the other day, i decided to give them a try. I took one of them one morning and barely felt it, if anything just a slightly uncomfortable body high, nothing like the warm energetic feeling of the norcos.. The next day I took two instead and had a much more pleasant experience, but still felt sub-par compared to the feeling of hydrocodone. However, the two ensuing days after using the percs I've had cravings like no other to take any kind of opiate.. The difference in cravings felt extreme. Now I'm aware that oxy is 1.75-2x more potent and everyone is different, but has anyone had a similar experience with oxy making cravings far more severe in such a short time frame? And does anyone else prefer hydro over oxy as well?

Don't quote me but I've read somewhere certain people "process" hydro better than Oxy. That could be what is giving the Oxy that sub-par feeling you were talking about. But I don't know your personal anatomy lol.

Idk about craving more after switching between those two cuz I went straight from Oxy to H this time. What I can say though is for the first 2 weeks being on H again I was constantly looking for Oxy over H. The town just dried up on the Oxy train so H it was. And it took probably a month for me to crave for H like I did for Oxy. And Heroin has always been my drug of choice.

I also notice the Oxy withdrawal seems to be much more anxiety driven than a heroin withdrawal in my experience. Which leads me to believe that Oxy effects the mind high more than the body high. I have no evidence to back any of this up so like I said don't quote me lol. Just the experiences of an opiate junkie.

I agree with original poster. I MUCH prefer Hydro vs Oxy. I am prescribed 360 30mg Oxy a month. I think they work better for pain but I like the energy that I get from Hydro A LOT more. I seem to be able to get a lot more accomplished on them vs the oxy.