• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Racepinephrine...effects, doses, dangers, recreational value????

walterdini

Bluelighter
Hi all,
I found this OTC asthma medication w/ the active listed as: "Racepinephrine". I'd never heard about this chem before, I assume its like epinephrine, possibly a racemic mix and hence the name (although I don't understand how that would be or what that means really), but the info I've been able to find is very scarce and I haven't been able to find anything about its use as a recreational drug-- as far as if it can be recreational, doses needed, dangers, etc...

I was looking in that section of the store b/c I was after some Benzedrex inhalers. Although I hate the stuff, I will use the Propylhexadrine as a stimulant when I can't get anything else. I saw the word "epinephrine" in there and got curious.....

So while I doubt I fount some OTC meth in terms of recreational value, does anyone know if this stuff would be similar in stimulant effects to Benzedrex or other stims/amphs? Anyone have firsthand experience?

Any info appreciated, thanks

sounds like you found some old Primatene inhalers or something. they can help with asthma but they won't do anything to get you high, any more than trying to get high off an albuterol inhaler.

Yes your right about the brand name. But don't they contain epinephrine or some form thereof? And doesn't that have SOME stim-like effects?

While I have no personal experience with the stuff, and also believe that epinephrine has mostly/only physical effects and little to no psychoactive effects, couldn't the stimulating properties be somewhat rewarding if the appropriate dose is taken?

yeah, they totally do contain epinephrine but epinephrine is not really psychoactive in a recreational sense. the effects are all peripheral and generally include things we consider to be negative side effects of "real" stimulants like increasing heart rate, messing with your blood pressure, tremor and headache. if you look it up on wikipedia, it'll tell you all about the effects it does have. there is no euphoria, no rush, it will not keep you awake, etc...

Last edited:
racepinephrine is a term for racemic epinephrine. it is a synthetic athsma medication.

epinephrine is about as psychoactive as stubbing your toe. it's not rewarding in the slightest. ask someone who has had an epi pen shot into them.

Thank you all for the replies. I knew / had read, that there was no recreational value to epinephrine, but wasn't sure if the same applied to racepinephrine. (Also wanted to confirm my beliefs on epinephrine)

Recreation aside, would racepinephrine keep one awake and alert? It seems that the purely physical side effects would also keep one awake if they were fallling asleep/nodding out.

I should specify, that I'm only interested in this stuff to counteract the sedation I get from my methadone. (On 140mg/day MMT for approx 1 year now)

When I'm at work, I start falling asleep at my desk. (Don't have acceess to any stims other than coke and otc options). So I thought a proper dose of this racepinephrine stuff (whatever a "proper" dose happens tobe I have no idea) might just give my body enough of a jolt to keep my eyes open.

And just fyi, while I've considered lowering my dose as a way to stop nodding at work, I don't think that's the answer. I never nod outside of work, on the weekends, and if I am engaged in something exciting at work I don't even feel slightly groggy. Its just that if I'm bored and sitting down, the methadone increases the otherwise normal response (for me) to close my eyes.

epinephrine has a half life of about 2 minutes, and must be injected (or inhaled as a fine dispersion) to have any effect. it is broken down incredibly rapidly so it's not going to be effective at all. in fact all it is likely to do is make you fall out of your chair sweating like a jackass and possibly having a panic attack.

it's not anything you need to use. go drink a coffee if you are having problems staying awake. even pseudoephedrine is more effective as a stimulant.

if you are really insistent on abusing racepinephrine, try something like 0.01-0.02 mg/kg IV. you dont need a lot.