• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

R.I.P. Wilko Johnson

But if you were an icon of drug use, would you admit, even to using weed, in a public way. People who stop using all intoxicants, are the weird ones. Every human culture has an intoxicant, as part of its overall mindset. Prescribed drugs do not tend to be seen as drugs (shit, I could stop all recreational use, but I'm still prescribed dihydrocodeine, pregabalin and lorazepam. Hardly clean in the ultimate sense of the word, and I don't even have a fraction of the money they have, or docs who look up to them in some fucked up way. Michael Jackson - not seen as a big druggie, but getting fuck knows how many psychoactives prescribed...)
Michael Jackson in his autopsy was prescribed lorazepam and Ativan..the same thing...hmmm I used to have a crooked doctor that prescribed me 100 lorazepam at s time for a fee ..I had genuine severe anxiety but ten cards was ott RIP WILKO JOHNSON

Last edited:
Good "tribute" to Wilko on youtube by an old bloke who knew him - says Irene looked after Wilko like a baby, he only learned to write a cheque after Irene died. Says "I know he's dead and gone but he could be a cantankerous old sod" which I can well imagine.

Sadly, what might seem like a bit of a cluster of significant musicians dying (like when Lemmy & Bowie went within weeks of each other), well at least as far as I'm concerned. Nik Turner, who I'd consider the original spirit behind Hawkwind, passed a couple of weeks ago.
When actual punk musicians start going from old age (as opposed to ODing, like Malcolm Owen), as opposed to people who influenced punks, in clusters, I'll know I won't be around a lot longer myself.

I know citing George Harrison doesn't quite fit in with a punk inspired ethos, but the title of the first album he made, after the Beatles, says it all: 'All Things Must Pass'

That bloke from The Ruts drowned in about 4 inches of water didn't he?

I don't QUITE get it because I would imagine people needing a LOT or to mix to end up in that state. I've had to bring people back... but I've never got close to that kind of 'lostness'.

I don't QUITE get it because I would imagine people needing a LOT or to mix to end up in that state. I've had to bring people back... but I've never got close to that kind of 'lostness'.

I think he overdosed on heroin while taking a bath. Didnt DM Turner go the same way after taking an overdose.

Yeah - DM turner went the same way. With H people just pass out while on all fours. IV ketamine....
I'm afraid I see almost all of these Psychedelic drug researchers are simply cashing in on a middle-class phenomenon. If you developed new agents or made them available to the masses, fine. But 99% of drug users have NO interest in all the shamanistic outpourings. But none of them attempt mass acceptance - as long as they sell 20000 copies over 3 years.

Talking of Wilko - his guitar hero was Mick Green..you can check out Micks guitar on this dynamite version of Blue Suede Brogans..Ive just discovered it

I just know heroin was the deciding factor in Malcolm Owen's death. Going closeto water, with any CNS depressant, is dicing with death (at which point, I havd to admit at sevral occasions I have had ketamine, in the bath - I could lock my knees, so I wouldn't accidentally slip under the water, but on a coupleof occasions, have come round when the bath water was stone cold and probably came close to hypothermia)