• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

R.I.P. Wilko Johnson

I'm sad now and i'm almost never sad about dying celebrities.

A swell dude for sure and with the best stage mannerisms ever.

Very inspirational and empowering for my own guitar playing.

Loved him, real one off beautiful soul.

And he said one of the greatest lines ever..at the meeting where Feelgood broke up he was arguing with the other 3 and the bass player misheard Wilko and said "yes, lets have a vote". Wilko said "I said veto not vote you illiterate cunt". Wilko said "From the look of pure hatred he gave me I knew I was out of the band from that moment".

Wilko also said "I thought LSD was the real world and the rest was waiting till you could get back there"

A sad day indeed.

R.I.P.
Sadly, what might seem like a bit of a cluster of significant musicians dying (like when Lemmy & Bowie went within weeks of each other), well at least as far as I'm concerned. Nik Turner, who I'd consider the original spirit behind Hawkwind, passed a couple of weeks ago.
When actual punk musicians start going from old age (as opposed to ODing, like Malcolm Owen), as opposed to people who influenced punks, in clusters, I'll know I won't be around a lot longer myself.

I know citing George Harrison doesn't quite fit in with a punk inspired ethos, but the title of the first album he made, after the Beatles, says it all: 'All Things Must Pass'

Sadly, what might seem like a bit of a cluster of significant musicians dying (like when Lemmy & Bowie went within weeks of each other), well at least as far as I'm concerned. Nik Turner, who I'd consider the original spirit behind Hawkwind, passed a couple of weeks ago.
When actual punk musicians start going from old age (as opposed to ODing, like Malcolm Owen), as opposed to people who influenced punks, in clusters, I'll know I won't be around a lot longer myself.

I know citing George Harrison doesn't quite fit in with a punk inspired ethos, but the title of the first album he made, after the Beatles, says it all: 'All Things Must Pass'

What about the old dear Buzzcocks singer? He went from old age didnt he?

You reckon? I'd bet they just learned to be more careful and not do things that become new headlines. The ones who stop tend to make lots of 'born again' type proclimations about how life is "far better without drugs". They haven't and if total abstinence works for you, great, but it's not for everyone and anybody pushing their opinions on other people, should just shut the fuck up (like with religious belief). Everyonehas a lifetime of experiences that is different from others, so to use a bit of total wisdom from John Lennon, 'Whatever gets you through the night'.
Merryfuckin christmas...

I think Keef said the last time he took heroin was 1978. Just had a look and Iggy said he last took heroin in 1983, coke in 1999 and weed in 2000. Dunno if you can trust em or not - I've a feeling Keith did stop in 78 - just cos he made such a big deal in his book about the 78 bust. I think he said "The laboratory is closed"

But if you were an icon of drug use, would you admit, even to using weed, in a public way. People who stop using all intoxicants, are the weird ones. Every human culture has an intoxicant, as part of its overall mindset. Prescribed drugs do not tend to be seen as drugs (shit, I could stop all recreational use, but I'm still prescribed dihydrocodeine, pregabalin and lorazepam. Hardly clean in the ultimate sense of the word, and I don't even have a fraction of the money they have, or docs who look up to them in some fucked up way. Michael Jackson - not seen as a big druggie, but getting fuck knows how many psychoactives prescribed...)

This. In a matter of days we've lost Nik Turner, Keith Levene and Wilko Johnson.

To quote Neil Young, "How many more?"...

One that really scared the shit out of me was George Michael. Can't remember if I'm 20 minutes older or younger than him, but his death...

Mortality reminder, or what?

Old Grey Whistle Test, performing 'She's A Wind Up'. Pure fucking class 😀
I assume you are a fan of the Chicago Blues?
You know the old farmers that came up from the Mississippi Delta due to the "Share Croper" laws & got fed up of eating at The Red Cross store so went for more secure jobs & brought the Delta Sound into the city.
Here you go my Brother, if you don't know RL Burnside yet I know you sure will ;)
Proper Blues & NOT that Dr Feelgood / Rolling Stones (CRINGE!!!!!) & I'd even say the Chicago Muddy Waters sound isn't "Blues" trust me on this one.

My favourite Blues album by Mississippi Fred McDowell, his a player of the North Mississippi Hill style.