• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

News R.I.P. Peter Green ❤

There's a lot of theories about him being an acid casualty and "he went to a club in germany and took acid and never came back" but it just sounds like normal schizophrenia to me. Came on at the usual age schizophrenia starts - same as Syd - and lived a standard schizophrenic life. He was some guitar player tho - when he replaced Clapton nobody complained

Furthermore, I'm struggling to think of any other band that has undergone such a dramatic transformation after losing their founder member.

These guys went from blues rock to overbloated pompous stadium pop rock virtually overnight.

I blame Mick Fleetwood, I've always seen him as a bit of a cunt...

Furthermore, I'm struggling to think of any other band that has undergone such a dramatic transformation after losing their founder member.

Pink Floyd's sound certainly changed a lot after Barrett lost the plot

In my early 20's I used to get told I looked like Peter Green quit a bit

Pink Floyd's sound certainly changed a lot after Barrett lost the plot

In my early 20's I used to get told I looked like Peter Green quit a bit

Funnily enough, Pink Floyd sprang to mind when I was typing that. But I would argue that Pink Floyd's sound matured and evolved, rather than undergoing a total transformation.

Funnily enough, Pink Floyd sprang to mind when I was typing that. But I would argue that Pink Floyd's sound matured and evolved, rather than undergoing a total transformation.
true - but it's a big old leap from Piper to Dark Side

Joy Division also comes to mind

true - but it's a big old leap from Piper to Dark Side

Joy Division also comes to mind

Yeh, but Piper to Darkside didn't happen overnight. There was Saucer, Meddle, More, Ummagumma and Atomheart as a transition. Atomheart Mother is one of my faves tbh..

Yeh, but Piper to Darkside didn't happen overnight. There was Saucer, Meddle, More, Ummagumma and Atomheart as a transition. Atomheart Mother is one of my faves tbh..

true enough, I withdraw my Floyd suggestion in the light of the revelation above (I'd forgotten about all those albums inbeteween...)

I'll go with Joy Division, even though the band named changed to New Order it was the same band without the suicided Ian Curtis, and a totally different sound pretty much

true enough, I withdraw my Floyd suggestion in the light of the revelation above (I'd forgotten about all those albums inbeteween...)

I'll go with Joy Division, even though the band named changed to New Order it was the same band without the suicided Ian Curtis, and a totally different sound pretty much

I'll give you that one mate.. :D

Agree on the Peter Green tunes. Don't agree that JD>NO. Ian Curtis had a rotten voice. 'Is my timing that floored'? Wank. Also, Foobar knows little about music.

Agree on the Peter Green tunes. Don't agree that JD>NO. Ian Curtis had a rotten voice. 'Is my timing that floored'? Wank.

Well.. Joy Division wouldn't be the same without Ian Curtis - even if he had a rotten voice.

The Happy Mondays wouldn't be the same without Shaun Ryder, and he couldn't sing for shit...

Ian Curtis was a one-off, JD would have got absolutely nowhere without him imo`

Anyway, Peter Green had a pretty cool name and I don't really like the name Peter that much, must be the combo with Green that appeals

Ian Curtis was a one-off, JD would have got absolutely nowhere without him imo`

Anyway, Peter Green had a pretty cool name and I don't really like the name Peter that much, must be the combo with Green that appeals

Maybe if he'd been a blonde tart that likes cocaine blown up her arse and bukkake sessions from the rest of the band, things may have been different...