• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

R-4066 acetylMethadol - rigid analogue x212 morphine duration 48-72 hours

clubcard

Bluelighter
Back in the 1990s Roxane Laboratories introduced Levacetylmethadol (ORLAAM) but due to a lack of research, they failed to notice that while dinormethadone forms a cyclic metabolite which is inactive and removed by the body quite easily. ORLAAM did not &form bisnormethadol, a metabolite that frequently caused Long-QT and quite a few people died until it was removed from the market in 2003. The plus point of the drug was that it was several times more potent than methadone and could be given orally every 48 hours. Due to typical medicinal chemistry (what is most profitable, how can we avoid being liable if anyone is harmed), an existing agent developed by Janssen in the 1970s.

The image is of the acetyl ester (the methadol) of R-4066 (Spiridone). It very potent, The (D) isomer is some x212 M in potency with a T½ Something like 3.2 days. Since the FDA is now offering naltrexone implants that last for 6 months, it would seem practical to produce an implant that releases 0.1 (21mg methadonea day) to 1mg (212mg methadone a day) of the drug constantly and equally over 24 hours. Of course a client would need to be stabilized on oral doses of RM-4066 (the acetyl methadol 4066) which may take several weeks but then it would supply a constant level of the drug into the bloodstream 24 hours a day.

While implants are not cheap, I would have thought having to visit a clinic every day for months or years would cost significantly more.

Of course, careful engineering could see the implant slowly reducing the dose released. Now this would need to be carefully trialed and it is important to have a plan in case a client finds that the implant isn't working or that the reduction of the dose isn't too swift. But since the reduction goes on all day and all night, it isn't like someone getting 40mg of juice is suddenly being told that they have to reduce suddenly. Not only is it unnecessary suffering but it would be very difficult to attempt to top the dose up.

But all told, if you found the maintenance dose that works for you, do you think that an implant would offer a much more measured reduction since the drug isn't being given once a day, it's constantly being reduced.

I've just lost another friend to H and I am seriously considering taking this further.

Oh, and for the nerds, the potency is mainly due to the piperidine is at a 90° angle to the cyclohexane (the quaternary carbon is very rigid) and thus the position of the C-ring aromatic so that benzene is in a fixed position to the tertiary amine, the 2 other benzenes and the ester.

I have never been prescribed heroin but this stuff means 1 visit every 6 months (or maybe they want to check on you more frequently) then it improves the clients life. The affinity of this drug means that it will blockade H, M, OxyC, ,OxyM & even fentanyl.Of course, if you need emergency anesthesia then K or possibly sufentanil would be needed.

Does this interest you? Is this something you would consider? What logical faults have I made. Please let me know.

Sean

Last edited:
Isn't this similar to what they are doing with the implantable buprenorphine nowadays?

An implant full of potent full-agonist will no doubt eventually lead to cases of people getting mutilated with a pen-knife to extract the depot of highly abusable narcotic, either willingly or otherwise.

(or maybe they want to check on you more frequently)

Part of the reason that opioid agonist therapy is not "one dose and go" is because the precribing doctors like to do urinalysis, dose-adjustment, and counselling on a semiregular basis.

Of course a client would need to be stabilized on oral doses of RM-4066 (the acetyl methadol 4066) which may take several weeks but then it would supply a constant level of the drug into the bloodstream 24 hours a day.

Diversion of the solution form would no doubt happen then as well. If for some reason RM4066 is found to be abusable, (not likely, but people do abuse methadone and buprenorphine) you're going to see people dropping left and right from massive opioid ODs shortly after every pharmacy robbery.

Last edited:
Well are there many deaths due to pharmacy robberies yielding methadone? Indeed fentanyl, oxymorphone, hydromorphone, levorphanol and the whole panoply of drugs already IN pharmacies. The powder would be deadly but I haven't seen legitimate methadone powder since the early 80s. It's now delivered to pharmacies in the 1mg/ml format. The acetylmethadol of R-4066 would be similarly be diluted to 0.005mg/ml or whatever.

I wasn't aware of buprenorphine implants but it's a good idea. I presume that bodily fluids will still display evidence of the clients consumption.

I actually took a serious look at making this stuff but the 3,4-Dihydro-2H-spiro[naphthalene-1,4'-piperidine] CAS 34697-64-6 was about $3500/gram.