• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

(R)-3-((1-methylpyrrolidin-2-yl)methyl)-1H-indol-4-ol (Lucigenol)

fnord

Bluelighter
Please post information about:
Names / synonyms
Molecule
Dose
Duration
Legal status
Reported incidents/fatalities
Since when has this research chemical been available
Stability
if this compound detectable in drug tests & for how long
Reaction to Marquis or other tests.
Tolerance & Cross-tolerance
Appearance (visual, smell, taste, crystal/powder)
Forms commonly available & routes used with each.
Common Effects: Main (During & after), Side (long & short term)
Any known drug & food interactions

Names:Lucigenol, L2D
IUPAC: (R)-3-((1-methylpyrrolidin-2-yl)methyl)-1H-indol-4-ol

This is all the info i have seen so far

Quote:

5-ht2a receptor agonist (r) isomer is more potent Binding affinity for 5-HT2A receptor is 13 +/- 2 nM (Ki [125I]DOI). It seems that this chemical is not an analoug of LSD as it doesn't have any C or D rings like LSD. It looks like a 5-methoxylated chemical because of it's structure. The alpha methyl is extended and attached to an amine with one more methyl group making it a 5 position... but apparently there is an 4-ho positioned one of lucigenol... this gets more and more confusing. This is not swims area of expertise but this chemical really caught swims ears and eyes.

Dose is reported as so
0.5mg active, 1.0-1.5mg seem to be psychedelic doses.

Duration
heard eight to six ours.

Effects (still not too documented)
OEV/CEV
sedating feeling
Anxiety

I understand this would just be (hopefully)educated spedulation but If you were the owner of some of this how would you begin with working up the dose?

Last edited:
If i were the owner of this inticing chemical, I woulld start low maybe .25mg the .5 etc till you start feeling somthing

This one has been mentioned before here on BL, but info on it is sketchy as hell. It was first synthesized by Nichols, but I have no idea how it got the ergoloid-esque name 'lucigenol.' It has absolutely nothing in common with the ergoloids (except for activity at the 5-HT2A receptor) and is actually a potent psilocin analogue (and the rest of the 4-OH tryptamines), right?

I think that part of the confusion comes from the fact that the original paper describes both the 5-MeO version and the 4-OH version. As usual though, I would expect that the 4-OH version is a better, cleaner and more interesting psychedelic. Someone also claimed that it was sedating (yuck), but I've yet to hear of a definitive human trial, so I'm again not sure where this information came from.

apparently one isomer is almost completely inactive and the other is the active psychedelic isomer.

hamhurricane said:
what would be the name of this chem in Shulgin nomenclature?
it doesn't fit into shulgin's nomenclature.

I'm gonna add Lucigenol to the thread title- its more commonly known as that, if commonly known could be said.

Dont want to go into source discussion, but the majority of lucigenol available has been the inactive (or nearly so) s isomer...

egor said:
Dont want to go into source discussion, but the majority of lucigenol available has been the inactive (or nearly so) s isomer...

This is the R? isomer i belive,im am not the owner of this substance so i do not yet know. Supposedly more potent then the other isomer.

egor said:

This explains how I can have taken it 2 times with nearly no effect (10 mg first time, 15 mg the second) :(

^^
10mg was a little high for a 1st time trial, don't you think? I was under the impression that half a milligram was supposed to be fully active. That is, if you got the correct isomer. Be safe and always assume you've got the good stuff!

This is the right one, isn't it? The one in the thread title. Just want to be sure. :)

would like to try this for sure... but yeah, so is the consensus that it is NOT an ergoloid? is there a consensus?

Aeon Psyche said:
This is the right one, isn't it? The one in the thread title. Just want to be sure. :)

Yeah, well we are talking about the r-isomer product so....

Probably confusing to mention s-isomer if its inactive..

I dont understand where this ergoloid thing comes from. It's blatantly a ring closed psilocinish tryptamine

"(R)-N-2(1-Me)Pyr-4-HO-T" is about the closest I can come to naming this a'la Shulgin.

And yes this has been discussed before, go look in ADD.

feelgoodhit said:
would like to try this for sure... but yeah, so is the consensus that it is NOT an ergoloid? is there a consensus?

Ergine derivatives require all 4 rings found in LSD to be present. It doesn't have them, so isn't one, plain & simple

^^
10mg was a little high for a 1st time trial, don't you think? I was under the impression that half a milligram was supposed to be fully active. That is, if you got the correct isomer. Be safe and always assume you've got the good stuff!

The dose was high according to the few threads on the internet, but I knew people who'd tried lower doses off the same batch as me, and I have several experienced and updated persons advising me about doses :)

I'd like to try the active isomer, would be kick ass with an RC psilocin analouge!

4-Hydroxy-N-methyl-(α,N-trimethylene)tryptamine

^As close to shuglin speak as I've seen