• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Qwiso hash question

adderallmonsta

Bluelighter
They guys, I was planning on buying a quarter tomorrow. I will take a eigth of that and one gram of it I will press rosin with. The rosin chips and a little kief and the other 2.5 grams will go into qwiso. Do you think this is a good idea? What is a good expectation of my return assuming I'm using top shelf bud? Just a estimate works. And for drying my qwiso, I can't have it in the house as my sister in law will be at the house...she is only 11 and I don't want her or her mom around it. Would it work to put in a Tupperware container and put the lid on top and then poke holes on the lid and put it outside on a tree stump in the sun or something?

You might get a gram tops after the extraction if you're starting with an eighth. A gram can go a long way. I'd expect a less than that on your first try.

Drying it in the sun might work. I like to let it evaporate in front of a fan next to a window. When it's mostly dry, I redissolve it in Everclear 190 and evaporate off the alcohol again. The residual alcohol left in the oil tastes better when it's ethanol instead of isopropanol. Vacuum purging would make it just as good without the ethanol step.

If you already have rosin chips and kief, it might be worth saving them and doing the qwiso extraction just on the 2.5 grams of bud. Different extraction methods have different advantages and drawbacks. Pressed kief (traditional hashish) has more flavor from the original plant compared to solvent extracts.