• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Quote Me A Piece Of Writing That You Really, Really Love :)

Knowing is not enough; We must apply. Willing is not enough; We must do.
Goethe

Loneliness is the human condition. Cultivate it. The way it tunnels into you allows your soul room to grow. Never expect to outgrow loneliness. Never hope to find people who will understand you, someone to fill that space. An intelligent, sensitive person is the exception, the very great exception. If you expect to find people who will understand you, you will grow murderous with disappointment. The best you'll ever do is to understand yourself, know what it is that you want, and not let the cattle stand in your way.
Janet Fitch

"I would turn in rage against myself and with the heat of my rage, I would melt my lead. I would renounce everything and engage in the lowest activities should my depression drive me to violence. I would wrestle with the dark angel until he dislocated my hip. For he is also the light and the blue sky which he withholds from me."

C. G. Jung

“The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”
C.G. Jung

“Morning is wonderful. Its only drawback is that it comes at such an inconvenient time of day.”
Glen Cook

"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: Be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge."

Elbert Hubbard

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

-Oscar Wilde

i really resonated with this passage in what i believe is kurt vonnegut's last book

qjFuu1z.jpg

^ He wrote that "we are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

“I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.”
Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Player Piano

Loyalty is still the same, whether it win or lose the game; true as a dial to the sun, although it be not shined upon.

Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out.

simple but I love it.... From the movie.. Catch me If You Can..

"Isn't it funny.I'm enjoying my hatred so much more than i ever enjoyed love. Love is temperamental. Tiring. It makes demands. Love uses you, changes its mind. But hatred, now, that's something you can use. Sculpt. Wield. It's hard, or soft, however you need it. Love humiliates you, but Hatred cradles you."
Janet Fitch

Any war that requires the suspension of reason as a necessity for support is a bad war.

and so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

"And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”