• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Quitting/Tapering Thread.

Thanks so much for the replies. I have done to a of searching online for the answer to my question and really hadn't found an answer anywhere. I mean, I know after years of dependence and plus my addictive personality I will most definitely be "uncomfortable" and even have stomach issues I'm sure. But if I can just have less severe symptoms maybe no one will find out what I am doing.

Another question please...

How do I start my own thread and where do I put it? I would like to have a thread where I can just walk through my experience cuz maybe it will help someone else out there who is in a similar situation and if it works maybe they can find some encouragement and hope in reading it.

Also, I read somewhere that if u increase your physical activity as u decrease your doses it will help your body start producing it's own stuff that it has relied on the pills to do for so long. I used to run every day and I have started a gym membership to start running again within the next wk. wish me luck!!

Head on over to Sober Living and click on the "New Thread" button.

And yes, exercise when tapering and getting clean is an absolute must. It'll help your brain start producing its own happy chemicals by itself again, and you'd be amazed at how great natural chemicals can feel after being on opiates for a long time.

Keep going!

I can't find sober living. I am using mobile and I can't seem to navigate very well. I tried using search to find it, no luck??

I plan to start running again this week. I want to build up my distance and time considerably before I drop too low on my dose. I don't know, I guess I just feel like the slower I go with this and the more I do positive to balance out the drops maybe I can beat this thing forever this time. What's another couple months tapering down and working up physically at the same time, compared to the rest of my life.

Plus...I have only came off once and I did it cold turkey. I didn't use Imodium or anything. I really wasn't knowledgeable about it. I am so appreciative of this site. I read on another thread about Imodium and WHY it works. I will definitely be using it this go round.

day 4, no codeine. hsnt been terrible, strangely, just legs. rls.
have had Valium and seropax, that just mkes me worse next day. also one night I confused the dose, thought it was 5mg of seropax, so conversion said .5 xanax. so I are 6 or so. it was actually 30mg of seropax.

anyway, by not having benzo last night, fell better. still bit shit, but better.

going for naltrexone implant on wed. no horror stories please.

cheers

officially into day 5. feel bit shit, but what do I expect. one more day, then implant. no idea what that will be like, but I'm sure it will be OK.

I have a question hopefully somebody knows, im tapering on oxycodone does it only matter what dose your on before jumping how bad withdrawls will be and how long they will last or does it also make a difference how long you have been taking them for. Another way of saying if two different people jump at the same dose one only taking oxy for one year vs someone taking it after 15 years. thanks for any answers

hey last dose. everyone is different. each time can be different too. the first time I got the works, cramps, runs, sweats, anxiety. the last time just a bit of rls. it sucks man, you really need support.

I just got a naltrexone implant, so if I get mangled in a car accident in the next 6 months I'll have to deal with the pain in hospital.

Glad I'm finally free tho, its all a big lie.

good luck man

^Nice one only! Well done and good on you for sticking it out you should be very proud of yourself and your achievement! Take care

hey last dose. everyone is different. each time can be different too. the first time I got the works, cramps, runs, sweats, anxiety. the last time just a bit of rls. it sucks man, you really need support.

I just got a naltrexone implant, so if I get mangled in a car accident in the next 6 months I'll have to deal with the pain in hospital.

Glad I'm finally free tho, its all a big lie.

good luck man

thanks only, but really what im trying to find out is say two different people both jumping from the same dose say 70mgs ocycodone total a day. One of them have been on opiates for 15 years and the other 2 years will withdrawls be similiar or will it be worse for the one taking for 15 years?

I'd feel pretty confident saying it's going to be much worse for the person who's been on it for 15 years, as opposed to 2 years.

well, its funny. I solved the ol codeine problem, now the ice, alcohol and gambling addictions have returned full force. I've got to these point where ice hardly does anything euphoric, which is kinda a good thing. and I suppose a bad thing due to tolerance etc. or maybe naltrexone has a slight effect on the euphoria..

I've still got weird symptoms from the implants, food takes about 3 minutes to process through my body.

hmmm. alcohol is a slow spiralling death. gambling is always devistating. ice is a free fall. pretty easy to do major damage in one binge on ice. gambling too.

of course, I want to veer off this path asap, but I don't want to get fat, and I'm not going to aa. gave already too many years of my life to that.

smart rarely does meetings. I'll go to as many as possible. and then hopefully I'll be one of the 5% to go into spontaneous remission :/

I've been on a gram a day dose of h for 6months. I have 6 -8mg/2mg suboxone. My last dose of h was about 8 hours ago. Im ready to stop but i dont know how to use suboxone. Any advise?

anyone out there? please...i need advice in a bad way

My name is Tabytha, im 26/w/female. Im begging. Please?
Anyone know/have any info on how to or if it's possible/recommended to stop heroin and go straight to suboxone. .? All i know is i have to wait atleast 12 hours after my last H dose (.4gram) ...but i dont know how much to take or how long to take it. I do about 1.2g's-1.8g's a day of H via IV. Will I be deathly sick from H withdrawal? If so...how long/how much suboxone will it take to stop feeling the withdrawal symptoms?Please...any info is extremely appreciated. I've been a junkie too long....theres a life other than this one out there for me...please give me the info I need to start living alive instead of dying. Im not alone..I have two wonderful women with me who are equally ready to quit. One is my wife of 6 years. We have a hotel room for four days so that we can leave here new ppl. If you're reading this and can relate please reply.

Last edited:
Suboxone is really strong, as far as strength/mg goes.

My only recommendation would be to take a small (tiny) dose and work your way up if needed.
ie take a little portion of a suboxone strip, and wait half an hour to see if it clears up your withdrawal.
If you start nodding, you've taken too much for this purpose!

The problem with street heroin is that nobody really knows how pure the stuff they get is. So nobody here can really give you a good recommendation for how much suboxone to take.

I will go out on a limb and say that most sub docs overprescribe suboxone/buprenorphine, because higher doses will block other opiates from being effective, making it a waste of time for people on suboxone maintenance to use on the side.
So when someone tells you they are scripted 8mg or more, its worth remembering that they might not need anywhere near that much to stave off the withdrawals.
Having said that, people with massive tolerances can need pretty huge doses of bupe to hold them...do its a matter of trial and error - even when a doc is supervising you. Everyone's metabolism/tolerance etc is different.

You definitely have the right idea waiting at least 12 hours before dosing subs.
The precipitated withdrawal that people can get if they dont wait long enough sounds really brutal.

I think the best advice i can give you is to:
- wait until you are going into withdrawal before you dose
- cut a strip into 8ths (or even 16ths, stupid as that may sound) and dose one little fragment at a time until you feel better.
- take as little as you can get away with (just enough to hold off the WDs)
- steadily drop your dose, skip days where possible - and stop taking it completely when you get to a really low dose (less than half a mg (like 0.2mg if you can).

Bupe isnt as pleasant as other opiates, but it will give you relief from the WD symptoms, and you can really defeat the worst of withdrawal if used to kick.

If you dose according to these instructions, it is possible to wean yourself off, and negate a lot of the more intense withdrawal symptoms.
If you want more information about this, try using the bluelight search engine to look for "buprenorphine rapid taper" or "bupe rapid taper"- a lot of people swear by this method.

By taking minimal doses of subs, and constantly dropping the dose (for a few days to a maximum of a few weeks - the longer you take bupe, the harder it is to kick) it can be a pretty effective 'cure' for some people.
You should have enough suboxone to do a rapid taper, unless you have a really, really massive habit.
Just keep in mind that buprenorphine isnt the most pleasurable opie, it's not so great for recreational use, but it will keep the WD at bay.

Good luck, let us know if you need any more info, links or moral support :)

Last edited:
Thank you soo so much. Im 24 hours since my last h dose, I've taken 5-4:1 doses since 9:30 last night. After sleeping a few hours i woke up feeling horrible but that was 30 minutes and a suboxone dose ago...now im feeling. ..ok...which is better than sick.

Just one more question..

Suboxone is really strong, as far as strength/mg goes.

I took 5 doses of
4mg/1mg over a period of 8 hours. My last dose was almost 9 hours ago...and im surprised with how im not experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms. I only have pain in my joints but im not sick..should i be? Any advise? Can i stop taking suboxone now? Or should i take a small dose just in case?