• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Quitting kratom - tips for utilizing xanax, gabapentin, baclofen, and tramadol effectively? (is there an order I should go in?)

tarman

Bluelighter
Hello,

I am about to jump off kratom, 8g a day, 2g doses. Probably won't get less than that although I know I should try. Anyway, I have plenty of xanax, gabapentin, baclofen, and tramadol. So I feel confident I can ease the unpleasantness, but I'd like to do it in the right order. My understanding is xanax hits the gaba A receptors (gross oversimplification, but mostly right, right?), baclofen hits the gaba B receptors, and and gabapentin does something with ion channels through some sort of precipitated effect. If I'm wrong, correct me, but I guess my question is, would there be a good order to go in as far as taking those gabenergic drugs? Like, start with the xanax for days 1 through 3 (to help sleep, or take edge off), then move to gabapentin for another few days, then move to baclofen for the final push? I just pulled that out of my ass, but the idea is to not develop a tolerance to any one of those. Is my theory flawed? Will there be a cross tolerance?

I guess my main questions are:
  1. How soon after my last kratom dose (of 2g) can I pop a tramadol?
  2. Can I mix tramadol with the aforementioned gabanergic drugs? (i'm talkin like taking 50mg or 100mg of tramadol max- i'm aware of breathing difficulties- I'm envisioning taking 50 or 100migs of tramado, and then maybe adding in .25mg or .5mg of Xanax, OR 300mg of gabapentin, OR 10mg of baclofen (not mixing all of those at once- but rather mixing 50mg of tramadol with each of those individually/separately- make sense?))
  3. Do you have any recommended order of the gabanergic drugs? (take xanax for 3 days, gaba for 3 days, bac for 3 days?). My real goal is just using them for sleep, and as I mentioned, the dosages will be pretty low to accomplish that- 10migs of baclofen to get to sleep, and then maybe another 10 if I wake up; same with the xanax- .25 to get me to sleep, and then maybe another .25 when I inevitably wake up after 4 hours; 300 migs of gabapentin, etc).
  4. Any advice is welcome- so if you say "don't take the tramadol at all, just stick with the gabanergics to get you through", then I will heed your advice. Since tramadol has a ridiculous therapeutic range, I'm thinking I could feasibly just take 50 migs every 10 hours or something low like that.

Sorry for the wall of text! I appreciate anyone who spent the time wading through it. I hate the greenlighter thing- I've been a member and longtime lurker for eons. I posted a thread about it in the help section and it blew up with others who wanted to know when their greenlighter status would end too (yes yes, we all need to read the FAQs and rules). So many people replied with the same thought that they ended up closing it. It was my most popular thread, how could you! /jk

Mate, you will need none of the above.
BRB
Will expound.
Thanks
Ptah

@tarman
OK.
To start with; kratom is a very forgivin "drug" that (IMO) does not deserve the same rep as other opioids. Forget the horror stories as you are barely on it relatively speaking. Could probably drop it now with a couple-three days feeling a little off and go about your business at worst.
One is currently at 8g a day in two doses if understood correctly (2 x 4g doses a day). Cut that to 2g 2 x day for a week. Cut that to 1g 2 x day for a week. You done, son! LOL

Last edited:
Thank you, I'll stand by. But one thing I keep reading over and over is bad insomnia from kratom withdrawal? To expand, i used kratom in january to jump off H (was snorting like .1 or .2 a day, although I could binge if I pushed myself). So I used kratom for 2 months, got down pretty quickly to 8g to 10g a day. Did that from late january to mid march. Then Covid hit and caused me a bunch of stress. Went back on the H for like a month and then switched back to kratom. So my receptors have never been truly naked or emptied. I've been on the kratom for a little less than 3 weeks. But as I said, my receptors haven't been emptied for a long time. So that's why I was envisioning the gabanergics helping to sleep. Honestly, .25 of xanax really helps. Same with 10mg of baclofen. I hate tramadol, but just threw that in there since I have it. I meant to write half life in my original post- 50migs of that can last a long time.

I just find with the kratom withdrawal that it really triggers anxiety and mental unpleasantness. Worry. I'd rather have the shits and the unfun tingles for days then the mental part. I've never really had anxiety problems, and have never abused gaba drugs, so they work really well, and so I just thought they'd be great to use to get through the kratom withdrawal. Yes I'm being a total pussy. haha. Thanks for the future reply. I'm gonna jump tomorrow or Friday.

Edited above post.
I've never really had anxiety problems, and have never abused gaba drugs, so they work really well, and so I just thought they'd be great to use to get through the kratom withdrawal.
Hey man I completely get anziety regardless but would suggest a longer acting benzo live diazepam (valium) or better if this is possible. Keep the dosage low as possible and infrequent as needed... do not see an issue but not a doc of any kind just experienced.
Love