• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting Fent. Help

Anthony6621

Bluelighter
I need help. I have been on fentanyl for 6 months. These last 6 weeks I have tried to kick my habit. I use to be able to kick the habit with suboxone but now it’s so difficult. I have gone 72 hours plus without fent to induct. But induction to suboxone doesn’t seem to help. I have a great job and after 3-4 days of no fent and jumping on suboxone I still have very heavy brain fog and feel weak…. That feeling makes my brain feel like I can’t return to work like this. I already got 5 vacation days to detox. I went 4 days clean , then sub, then used fent for 1 day. Then I went another 4 days clean with subs. But because of the weakness and brain fog. I failed by the time I needed to return to work. The pressure of work is one hell of an excuse for an addict. I support so much of my family and we need my income.

I’m still on subs and can go 24-48 hours without fent but the weakness and brain fog . It’s like the suboxone is not helping me as much as before.
I will try ordering kratom extract and maybe next weekend the kratom can help me bridge onto the suboxone only properly.

I hate fentanyl….. I have been trying to quit for months. It’s turning into a deep depression. The pressure of my job makes it tough.

I have never used methadone. But at this point maybe it’s worth a shot. Methadone maintenance does worry me. I have been on suboxone maintenance for a year in the past. Fentanyl is a terrible drug.

Any advice would be great. I am taking subs and during the week fent. I have weekends available to get clean. I hope I can get past this. Love you all out there struggling it’s not easy.. I am suboxone since I inducted on my week off but I am still taking fent. I want to quit so I am still taking subs. I only have 20 strips left.

Hi, Anthony, and welcome to bluelight.
I see you have yourself backed into a corner. Well... in my opinion and experience there is always a way out but sometimes it's tough as there really are no short cuts in life that do not eventually turn a mole hill into a mountain.
May I ask what the dosage of fent you are using and how often during a normal usage day?
I see that you can quit the drug outright for days but have you tried to taper the dosage down instead of quiting outright?
I know the depression that comes from demanding jobs, drug use and also the lack thereof.
Hope this finds you well.
My best,
J

Thank you J. That is great advice. Sometimes 7 pressed blues in a day sometimes 3. This week I will focus on trying to do 1-3 in a day. I’m also taking suboxone so the urge to take is mental . And supringsily you barely get the feeling. I will focus on the tapering. Hopefully I can get to where I only need 1 a day and eventually less. Usually the morning when I wake up is when I take the bigger dose.

And when I take the subs I do have to fight the urge to not take more to get the sub sensation away.

For me the blues drastically affect my sleep. I can’t sleep on them. At times to the point that I would panic from trying to sleep. I can’t lay down. That is why I must be careful and reduce. Currently I am resting but if the habit gets bad….

People please don’t do these. They are terrible. I will make all the efforts to get better. I will update as I go. Thank you all.

One other point I would like to make concerning a taper is that when finally "jumping" from a substance it will take much less "comfort meds" to ease any remaining problems.
It will take structure, distraction and determination. Maybe create a journal of sorts here to keep up with progresses and setbacks?
Dont make so dramatic changes in dosages that may cause crippling effects but as stated this is a variable that can me manipulated at will during the recovery process. Drop as much as possible but just be mindful of any mental or physical tricks we play on ourselves. ;)
Keep posted, yeah?

Earlier this year i was on methadone and fentanyl . I had to switch to subs to get a 2 month script when i traveled. Time would be the only way out really. I went up to 20mg of subs trying to feel better from the fent/methadone wd and i micro-dosed but when i stopped the meth/fent i still felt mild withdrawal for a few days. I didn't need or stay at 20, theres no painless way.
I would stop the fent and give the subs a few days to kick in. If that doesn't work methadone would but after withdrawing off that a few times i would never touch it again.
Do you want to be clean or just get through the withdrawl?
I did the burmese method( you take both for a week while increasing suboxone and cutting back on fent).

Thank you J. That is great advice. Sometimes 7 pressed blues in a day sometimes 3. This week I will focus on trying to do 1-3 in a day. I’m also taking suboxone so the urge to take is mental . And supringsily you barely get the feeling. I will focus on the tapering. Hopefully I can get to where I only need 1 a day and eventually less. Usually the morning when I wake up is when I take the bigger dose.

And when I take the subs I do have to fight the urge to not take more to get the sub sensation away.

For me the blues drastically affect my sleep. I can’t sleep on them. At times to the point that I would panic from trying to sleep. I can’t lay down. That is why I must be careful and reduce. Currently I am resting but if the habit gets bad….

People please don’t do these. They are terrible. I will make all the efforts to get better. I will update as I go. Thank you all.

The suboxone *will* almost completely block you from feeling the fentanyl. A lot of people don't actually realise that buprenorphine is basically as strong as fentanyl, it just has a completely different mechanism of action and also feels completely different. To someone opiate naive, bupe could OD them easily much like fentanyl. I had major internal surgery while on the Buvidal monthly bupe injection and I needed to have spinal fentanyl, spinal morphine, a PIC machine with IV fentanyl at a really high dose, plus IV morphine and ketamine along with oral oxycodone for pain relief. And I really couldn't feel any euphoria from the fentanyl like I did the other time I had surgery. Bupe is a very very effective opiate blocker.

You seem to be motivated to quit and are actively trying different things to try and find something which will work, which is really positive for your recovery. My best advice, is to never ever give up trying whatever you can (unless it's an actual gimmick that is not really ever going to work).

I was going to suggest something that i have heard works, but the user above me already did so i will just repost their reply to you.

Earlier this year i was on methadone and fentanyl . I had to switch to subs to get a 2 month script when i traveled. Time would be the only way out really. I went up to 20mg of subs trying to feel better from the fent/methadone wd and i micro-dosed but when i stopped the meth/fent i still felt mild withdrawal for a few days. I didn't need or stay at 20, theres no painless way.
I would stop the fent and give the subs a few days to kick in. If that doesn't work methadone would but after withdrawing off that a few times i would never touch it again.
Do you want to be clean or just get through the withdrawl?
I did the burmese method( you take both for a week while increasing suboxone and cutting back on fent).
The Burmese Method has been written about many times on this site. I suggest using the search function to find what Jennn has suggested, as people have had success with it. I am not familiar with exactly how to do it myself but I strongly suggest speaking with someone who has done it, perhaps even this poster, because i have heard that it works.

Wow. I was reading the forums for 1-2 hours and I didn’t realize I came to my own post… thanks for all the replies they do mean a lot.

I am really motivated to get thru the withdrawal, to get clean, fentanyl does not work for me. I have been so bad that I get scared to sleep. If I take high doses it makes me panic to the point that I can’t sleep unless benzoed out. Beyond scary not being able to sleep. Suboxone is a way better life than fent. And I can always get on the shot and work on my recovery.

I don’t need the Burmese method because I have inducted on subs already. I am taking them everyday. I have quit over 7 times and it does get harder. Hopefully this is the lesson I needed.

I have been taking 3 -4 a day. I am no longer taking 2 at once in the morning. I take 1. Then I stretch the second one at work.

The third one is not needed. This is me being an addict. I don’t physically need it I just convince myself. Maybe my problem is that I wake up take 1 then put 3 in my small Jean pocket for the just in case.

Taking that 3rd one takes my feeling progress so tommorrow I will push to not take it. I’m stretching them into multiple small bumps so I don’t really feel it or need it.

Will kratom work while I’m taking subs? After I get to 1-2 a day for a few days I will stop the fent on a Friday. And maybe take Monday- Tuesday off and hopefully the subs can get me ready to work.

I do want this so structure, distraction. Life is so much better sober from opiates. Todays my daughter bday. I will bbq her some burgers. I have to not take it during work mid day. It’s not needed and it doesn’t do anything. You are correct sub blocks very well. The only time I really feel it is in the morning at wake up. Thanks again everyone I feel the support and love. I realize I am and addict as hard as that sounds.

I need help. I have been on fentanyl for 6 months. These last 6 weeks I have tried to kick my habit. I use to be able to kick the habit with suboxone but now it’s so difficult. I have gone 72 hours plus without fent to induct. But induction to suboxone doesn’t seem to help. I have a great job and after 3-4 days of no fent and jumping on suboxone I still have very heavy brain fog and feel weak…. That feeling makes my brain feel like I can’t return to work like this. I already got 5 vacation days to detox. I went 4 days clean , then sub, then used fent for 1 day. Then I went another 4 days clean with subs. But because of the weakness and brain fog. I failed by the time I needed to return to work. The pressure of work is one hell of an excuse for an addict. I support so much of my family and we need my income.

I’m still on subs and can go 24-48 hours without fent but the weakness and brain fog . It’s like the suboxone is not helping me as much as before.
I will try ordering kratom extract and maybe next weekend the kratom can help me bridge onto the suboxone only properly.

I hate fentanyl….. I have been trying to quit for months. It’s turning into a deep depression. The pressure of my job makes it tough.

I have never used methadone. But at this point maybe it’s worth a shot. Methadone maintenance does worry me. I have been on suboxone maintenance for a year in the past. Fentanyl is a terrible drug.

Any advice would be great. I am taking subs and during the week fent. I have weekends available to get clean. I hope I can get past this. Love you all out there struggling it’s not easy.. I am suboxone since I inducted on my week off but I am still taking fent. I want to quit so I am still taking subs. I only have 20 strips left.
Brother I know exactly how u feel!!! I went through the same thing but for 6 years ,I don't want you to have to go through this for 5 more years like me ... So I will tell you this , Suboxone worked great on EVERYTHING BESIDES FYNTINOL. It flat out straight up is to fucking strong for fyntinol. Precipitated withdrawal is torcher and I can't count how many times I went through it and every time I failed it was harder and harder . I know how important your job is and at this point you need to make an executive decision, I was in same position as you , I could not take off to detox, When I went to methodone it was like the stars finally Aligned. I stayed away from methodone for years because of stigma and the fact I didn't want to go somewhere everyday. When I started to understand that I couldn't go without fyntinol everyday anyway at the point where my addiction was I said fuc it , I gotta get drugs anyway.. at first you'll have to use a little but you'll gradually go up until you can just stop the dope and u should have very minimal withdrawal if not ZERO withdrawal. Depending on how big your habit is I'm assuming it's pretty low still 50 to 80 mg should get you to a point that you are skipping a lot of days of usage. But it's a journey you have to be committed to the program, eventually you'll get take homes but it's at your pace they give u a long time to get clean urines before they demand it , it took me a year to even get One clean urine because i wasnt ready , but when i stopped i was doing a gram of raw a day with 200 mg of done , the day i stopped fetty i never felt any withdrawel NOT ONCE . So that's the beauty of methodone no withdrawal once your at proper dose high dose at first is key to getting off Fetty imo . Suboxone just flat out doesn't fill enough of the millions of extra receptors fyntinol has created . Iv waited 5 days to take a Suboxone and still thrown into precipitated now I am bigger 250 lbs but this is my experience... Based on your habit your weight how long you've used will depend how much methadone you'll need , id say if you have only been doing few months you only will need 100 to 120 and you'll probably be able to stop maybe more maybe less it's all about testing waters everyone is different
.BUT if I was you , and I DID not want any withdrawal so i could work id get on Methodone asap

Wow. I was reading the forums for 1-2 hours and I didn’t realize I came to my own post… thanks for all the replies they do mean a lot.

I am really motivated to get thru the withdrawal, to get clean, fentanyl does not work for me. I have been so bad that I get scared to sleep. If I take high doses it makes me panic to the point that I can’t sleep unless benzoed out. Beyond scary not being able to sleep. Suboxone is a way better life than fent. And I can always get on the shot and work on my recovery.

I don’t need the Burmese method because I have inducted on subs already. I am taking them everyday. I have quit over 7 times and it does get harder. Hopefully this is the lesson I needed.

I have been taking 3 -4 a day. I am no longer taking 2 at once in the morning. I take 1. Then I stretch the second one at work.

The third one is not needed. This is me being an addict. I don’t physically need it I just convince myself. Maybe my problem is that I wake up take 1 then put 3 in my small Jean pocket for the just in case.

Taking that 3rd one takes my feeling progress so tommorrow I will push to not take it. I’m stretching them into multiple small bumps so I don’t really feel it or need it.

Will kratom work while I’m taking subs? After I get to 1-2 a day for a few days I will stop the fent on a Friday. And maybe take Monday- Tuesday off and hopefully the subs can get me ready to work.

I do want this so structure, distraction. Life is so much better sober from opiates. Todays my daughter bday. I will bbq her some burgers. I have to not take it during work mid day. It’s not needed and it doesn’t do anything. You are correct sub blocks very well. The only time I really feel it is in the morning at wake up. Thanks again everyone I feel the support and love. I realize I am and addict as hard as that sounds.
Kratom made me puke on subs like not like HIGH puke but like they don't mix well

The fact your only doing blues and not raw powder is going to make this not easy but not as bad as someone like me I was doing a gram of raw fentanyl off the brick every day for 4 years basically, Suboxone was out of the quistion, but for u subs should be great u have a not to crazy habbit imo so stay at it

It’s Sunday I have 24 hours without doing any . Still at the same place some days I do seven some days I do 3. On Friday I couldn’t sleep and during the week I have days where I can’t sleep on this shit. If I take it too late at night I get the shittiest rest. I have not been true to my progress.

I get these blue for 1.5 dolllars. This week I need to focus on tapering. It’s the best way. I still have a lot of subs so I can continue with taper. During the week I sweat like a pig at work. It’s the fent. I usually don’t sweat unless working hard. I’m hoping to be able to take 2 a day for a week then 1 a day for a week then jump on a Friday.

I didn’t stay true to my plan. Tommorrow is a new day and I know I will feel good if I can keep myself to 2 a day. I don’t feel them, they make me sweat like no other. Craziness.

Do not use metadone or buprenorphine or kratom, u will just prolong your addiction because they all are opioids, use benzos and pregabalin/gabapentin/phebibut etc. for WD, u will suffer for a week or two, then u will have to deal with post wd symptoms but try loperamide, dextromethorphan, weed and downers, maybe low dose stimulants. Using buprenorphine or metadone Is just changing one opiod for another one.

I didn’t stay true to my plan.
Man, plans are basically first drafts of blueprints.
Always gonna be setbacks and revisions.
How long it take you to get in this "ditch"?
We dont even know what the plan is yet... or do we?
Yer doing great at least there is candid exchange. ;)
Thanks.
One

The fact your only doing blues and not raw powder is going to make this not easy but not as bad as someone like me I was doing a gram of raw fentanyl off the brick every day for 4 years basically, Suboxone was out of the quistion, but for u subs should be great u have a not to crazy habbit imo so stay at it

How pure would that be?

Fentanyl is already being replaced by carfentanil in some parts of Canada. I'm convinced carfentanil is a one way street. It's x30000 M....

See if you can find the story of 'Thomas K. Highsmith'. He was a chemist who was making etonitazene (x1500 M) at work, broke rule one and ended up dissolving it in water and placing it in a nasal inhaler which he was hitting every 10-15 minutes.

It's not a happy ending.

I know 3 people who made F and broke rule one. They are all gone now.

So it's AMAZING that you made it. You must be one strong person.

So I have been on subs 1 mg every 48 hours and fent for a few weeks. This week I will try to increase the sub. Hopefully this will the taper. I have just been resting and homebody. I miss being active and outgoing. But this is just a phase.

I’m really waiting for a window to jump or pay the piper. But it’s good that I’ve rested and built up weight. When I jump this time I will give all the crutches up . I always kept an abort stash and I’ve been close.

I had never heard of this 'Burmese method'. I didn't even know you could GET fentanyl and buprenorphine in Burma... but then I read some news items about Myanmar being a HUGE fentanyl production area. I also found reference to this method.

I'm sure a few people here have mentioned microdosing naltrexone to keep dependence down.

It offers further insights into what's going on at the receptor level. I had already figured out that buprenorphine at least FILLS the receptors which appears to be more comfortable than them sitting empty.

I was given fentanyl patches for pain for 6 months but the damned things wouldn't stay stuck to my skin for 3 days so I had to use masking-tape to keep them in place. I wasn't impressed.

Fentanyl was developed for surgical anesthesia so HOW the sales people got a licence to use it for chronic pain I have no idea. But people DID abuse the patches, papers on 'telescoped synthesis' appeared and someone did the maths.

But as I previously said - carfentanil is now just as simple to make via the Ugi reaction....

I do NOT know how one would even begin to tackle a drug some x30000M.

BTW I have been given fentanyl before surgery. I never noted any effect whatsoever. Why do people like it so much?

All these people calling it the "Bermese Method". It's the "Bernese Method" originated in Switzerland. Has nothing to do with Burma or Burmese Python Seminal Fluid. But if the snake juice gets you clean.... more power to ya.