• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Quitting Buprenorphine. When is is completely out of your body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal Zelda

Bluelighter
I’ve been quiting cold turkey on buprenorphine. It’s been 6 days still feel horrible. But I have a question how long does it have to stay out of your system before if you did it again you wouldn’t go back into withdrawals.

Generally 4-5 half-lives mean 94-97% of a drug has been eliminated. For oral buprenorphine the low end of the half-life range is 24 hours which seems to line up with what you're experiencing on day 6. However it has 3 different active metabolites with longer half-lives, which though detectable in much smaller amounts contribute to its ability to suppress withdrawal symptoms for longer periods especially in patients on long-term maintenance. This article goes into that and describes how giving slightly larger doses every other day is as effective as daily dosing

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9684393/#:~:text=The overall, mean terminal elimination,associated with minimal withdrawal symptoms.

If you're asking if taking it will precipitate withdrawal symptoms I doubt it. You're more likely to become over-sedated by taking too much since your tolerance is lowered

Do you mean how long till your no longer dependent and can get high again on it? Give it about a month

Yes this is what he means and the honest truth to that is more like 6 months to a year and even then it’s a suicide mission of risk to reuse Suboxone or anything as addictive.

Yes this is what he means and the honest truth to that is more like 6 months to a year and even then it’s a suicide mission of risk to reuse Suboxone or anything as addictive.
I think it would depend on the person, if he’s been on it for over a year, then I would say your right, less than 6 months, then it’s about 1-2 months to detox, or at least for me that’s how long it’s always taken, and I’ve used opiates for 9 years
Everyone should different though, I’ve noticed my brain tends to recover faster than most people

I think it would depend on the person, if he’s been on it for over a year, then I would say your right, less than 6 months, then it’s about 1-2 months to detox, or at least for me that’s how long it’s always taken, and I’ve used opiates for 9 years
Everyone should different though, I’ve noticed my brain tends to recover faster than most people
I’ve been on subtext (injecting) for 8 years but switched to orally taking suboxone for 2 weeks before I quit. Last time I tried to quit my symptoms were much worse. Still bad now but not as bad as they were when I tried to stop cold turkey after shooting.

If all you can last is 3 weeks, last 3 weeks then, it’ll make a difference. When you inject it, the bioavailability is about triple what it is sublingualy, which means that injecting 2 mg is about equal to usinga little under 7 mg sublingualy. So maybe you were just technically using more daily when you were injecting

Generally 4-5 half-lives mean 94-97% of a drug has been eliminated. For oral buprenorphine the low end of the half-life range is 24 hours which seems to line up with what you're experiencing on day 6. However it has 3 different active metabolites with longer half-lives, which though detectable in much smaller amounts contribute to its ability to suppress withdrawal symptoms for longer periods especially in patients on long-term maintenance. This article goes into that and describes how giving slightly larger doses every other day is as effective as daily dosing

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9684393/#:~:text=The overall, mean terminal elimination,associated with minimal withdrawal symptoms.

If you're asking if taking it will precipitate withdrawal symptoms I doubt it. You're more likely to become over-sedated by taking too much

If you're asking if taking it will precipitate withdrawal symptoms I doubt it. You're more likely to become over-sedated by taking too much since your tolerance is lowered
So your saying I can take it after being off of it for two weeks and I won’t withdraw again? Obviously as long and I don’t get addicted to it again.

If all you can last is 3 weeks, last 3 weeks then, it’ll make a difference. When you inject it, the bioavailability is about triple what it is sublingualy, which means that injecting 2 mg is about equal to usinga little under 7 mg sublingualy. So maybe you were just technically using more daily when you were injecting
I just don’t want to do it to soon and withdraw like this again. I’ve been googling everywhere but can’t find anything on it.

Ime, every use will cause withdrawal, what I do is wait for the withdrawals to disappear completely, then use again

I just don’t want to do it to soon and withdraw like this again. I’ve been googling everywhere but can’t find anything on it.
Thing is, one dose lasts for about 72 hours ish. If you used heroin for 3 days straight, don’t you think you would withdraw every time? Why not use something that doesn’t last as long, have you tried kratom? If you don’t like that, Vicodin’s effects are similar to buprenorphine imo. You could probably get away with one dose once a week

Back when I first started doing it I’d do it just like once or twice on the weekend and I never experienced symptoms. Are yours just like super mild?

Status
Not open for further replies.