• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting 6 month poppy tea addiction cold turkey...

Regardless though, I'm not going to fuck up this time... I've come too far, and I'm just too sick of the lifestyle. It's just a waiting game from here really.

Just think about how good you can feel about yourself after you've conquered the beast, I'd say that's probably one of the best feelings there is.

I was actually thinking about that last night; it's like being reborn honestly. All of a sudden you're life is enriched with beauty and opportunity that you were missing out on the whole time you were high.

I got no sleep last night, and I'm hardly able to keep anything down right now. The only reason I'm on here is because I took 120% my daily vyvanse dose, which seems to be helping moderately (with a slight increase in anxiety).

I'm just wondering when the hell I'm going to stop feeling like pinochio and more like a real boy again. lol. It's been about 120 hours since my last dose of poppy seed tea, and 48 since my last dose of Kratom.

Oh, and going to the gym seems to help during withdrawal, albeit the benefits last a very short time; went last night, and going to do an intense workout today.

Wow, ok, starting to feel loads better; taking the dog for a long walk and cranking tunes really helped, I almost felt totally normal lol.

I've decided that I'm now going to walk a few kilometers to get my haircut, shits looking scraggly and that's the last thing I need now that I'm recovering. I actually haven't even thought about getting some seeds today, this is definitely a first for quite a while.

Don't get too overconfident. Keep focused and keep going.

I think I read somewhere that intense workouts during acute withdrawal are not the best thing to do actually. I'm not sure. Might wanna check that out. Great decision getting rid of the kratom though, you don't need that stuff.

But great job on 120/48 hours respectively! Next time you think about relapsing just remember the hell you've been going through recently and how EVENTUALLY you would have to do it again.

Hey thanks for the pointer.

Today I woke up after a decent sleep, and I feel almost 100% normal right now. I haven't felt this good sober in over 6 months.

I'm probably not going to post as frequently now, as I'm no longer feeling compelled what-so-ever to use (as in I'm busy occupying myself with shit to do, and I no longer feel sick); I actually hit the gym yesterday after my long walk, and worked out for an hour and a half... I'm sore as hell today, but DAMN did I feel awesome after that workout. I think I'm going to end up with a gym addiction, which I have no problem with lol.

Also, I ended up going out last night for a friends birthday and getting hammered until really late; I have no interest in total sobriety, as I honestly dislike drinking very much and this was the first time I drank in over a month (usually dont even have beers with dinner).

I plan on maintaining close to total sobriety (minus the odd few drinks). My plan for the coming year now is to dial my diet in, and focus on lean gains in the gym... I lost fucking 30 pounds in the last few months doing nothing somehow :\

Now excuse me, I have a gangster rap beat to sequence that's been on my mind since last night lol. Fuck it feels good to have my old self mostly back.