• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Quit Methadone now on Kratom

theheidilynn

Greenlighter
I posted here last week about how I was planning on doing the swap from methadone to Kratom to alleviate most of the withdrawals.

Well I was on 4mg of Methadone and took my last dose Saturday. Sunday morning at 8 a.m. I took 3g of a red vein Kratom. Waited about an hour and took 2g more. Then experienced no withdrawal whatsoever but due to the fear of it coming I took another dose at 6 p.m. and another right before bed at around 11.
Monday I took 5g before work at 8 a.m. and i felt good up until 6:30 pm. where I took another 5g and that was it for that day.
Today I tried 3g in the morning but found I was experiencing a tiny bit of withdrawal from methadone and took 2g at 1 p.m. and im fine now.

This has been my Kratom dosing so far. But in knowing this now, why am I not feeling any withdrawal from the methadone at all? Am I taking too much Kratom?

I've read a lot on the substance before I ordered it and read a lot of forums and based on most of what I've read, kratom helps a lot with the withdrawal process but completely ridding it? Is that common? When should I stop taking the Kratom. I really dont need another addiction. (But I'll say this stuff is disgusting to take so that is a deterrent).

if you're tapering, just take the absolute bear minimum you need to stay well and try lowering your daily dose weekly by 1-2g. if you're ever high at any point, you're taking too much. i think you could even cold turkey now with no huge problems - 4mg methadone isn't much - but if you have a huge bag of kratom now then i understand this will be hard....

Unless you tapered down to 4mg too fast, which iirc you didn't, you really shouldn't need Kratom. It's kind of overkill. But like smackydowners said, find the lowest dose of Kratom that keeps you well, and go from there. Reduce your dose at a pace that's comfortable for you. Don't get too comfortable though, Kratom is a good high and is addicting. Sudden cessation produces withdrawal just like opiates do.

if you're tapering, just take the absolute bear minimum you need to stay well and try lowering your daily dose weekly by 1-2g. if you're ever high at any point, you're taking too much. i think you could even cold turkey now with no huge problems - 4mg methadone isn't much - but if you have a huge bag of kratom now then i understand this will be hard....
I bought too much Kratom but since taking it I never got 'high' or felt a euphoria that people talk of. It just made me feel warm with no withdrawals.

Unless you tapered down to 4mg too fast, which iirc you didn't, you really shouldn't need Kratom. It's kind of overkill. But like smackydowners said, find the lowest dose of Kratom that keeps you well, and go from there. Reduce your dose at a pace that's comfortable for you. Don't get too comfortable though, Kratom is a good high and is addicting. Sudden cessation produces withdrawal just like opiates do.
Im going to go today without any Kratom. I have some Clonadine to help with the minor withdrawals like sweating and chills. Last dose was yesterday at 6pm of 5g. Woke feeling fine and after an hour awake and now currently at work, still going good. If I feel good now would that mean im clear of having the withdrawals from either?

I honestly couldn't tell you, everyone is different. But, it sounds like you're doing good and your attitude is good. That's the most important thing. Keep doing what you're doing, you got this.