• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quit Cold Turkey Opiates. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Californiababe143

Greenlighter
Hi there everyone.
I'm here to share my struggle with opiates because as I have tried my hardest to quit a few times I never could. Reading these posts has helped me more than you know in getting to where I am today. So I want to share my struggle in hopes someone reads this and it really does help them end this vicious cycle we get trapped in.
So I'm 25 years old... started taking opiates probably last year toward the end of the year... 2015. Till now. I never thought I had a problem with them. Ever. I was taking them a lot. I had no surgeries, no pain. I simply liked to get high. The feeling was awesome. And it made my sad feelings go away. I was so talkative and could do anything ! I started out with norcos 10/325 about 2 of them at a time and it just got out of control. I ended up taking up to 10 of these. At a time. Not over a day. All at once... and to be honest sometimes that did not even get me high enough. It sickens me to think how much money I have thrown away for a stupid high that sometimes didn't even get me to the point I wanted. 10 pills usually cost me around 60-70 bucks. I started taking roxys (blues) 30's so I was taking like 3 of those at a time. Once again not the high I wanted. Next started taking 8mg Dilaudids... was taking 5 at a time, and lemme tell you those are some strong thangs lol. Pretty much I had a problem. I didn't realize this. Till one day I didn't take Anything and I started getting the chills so bad. Cold sweats. Restless legs. You name it. I looked it up and realized I was having withdrawals. I didn't wanna believe it ! So I ended up getting some pills and it all went away. Only to happen all over again once I didn't have any pills left. So long story short. I struggled for about three months. The pills were just so easy to get. I finally had enough. I was always in a crap mood... being so anti social. It was terrible I had turned into a totally different person. I realized what I needed to do and I was gunna just deal with cold sweats (which were terrible let me tell you) restless legs.. no sleep. And here I am. Day 5. I have been here before and relapsed. But honestly I'm feeling so much better. I don't want to mess up the progress I have and something clicked in my brain that had made me just want to kick my habit! I'm proud of myself for making it past day 3 and 4 which were the hardest for me. Usually I would just buy some pills to make myself feel better but I didn't. My sleep sucks and I am so restless but I feel so determined. These posts have helped me sooooo much when I have felt like I need a pill. No. Life is so much better when you aren't dependent on some stupid pills. I never want to be like that again! Ask any questions! I am here to help and listen :)

Hi...i am your future if you ever go back to using...im 56 yrs old and been using for 20 yrs...all prescripded by dr.s...with all the dr,s cutting every body off, i had no choice but to quit...i was using oxycodone 15mg 6/8 times a day....its been 2 1/2 months now ..clean...first few days were hell...first symtom is what i call the iron suit feeling ..then deppression..not eating for first few days...then over eating...sweating like a pig...i didnt know hands could sweat so much...restless legs thank god only were unbearable 2 nites...the anxiety was terriable first week was dead tired but couldnt sit still...had to run out of situations ...first week id start something id do every day and forget the steps of the task...all senses like smells and sound were heighten to 10x...smells were nauseating...day 4 started my worse symtom...dry irratated cough and throat...that i still have....all symtoms have made a quest appearance for the last 2 1/2 months...albeit milder than in the begining...pure hell....im here to warn you...the longer you use it gets harder...be good....