• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Quit Cannabis - Used Vali for a few days, wondering best way to stop

Orchiboy

Greenlighter
Hey there

I've searched the forums but haven't found anything too similar to what I wanted to ask..

I have been a regular cannabis user for the last 7 years, daily for the last 4 years, and 4 days ago took action to stop, and hasn't touched any cannabis since.

Obviously the worst effect my friend is feeling is the night time cravings for relaxation and inability to shut off to sleep. So I have managed to acquire some 10mg diazepam (blue tabs) in an attempt to help battle the withdrawals from cannabis.

on first night of stopping, I took 15mg vali - slept okay - next day was 10mg vali after 2 glasses of wine (with about 2 hour gap after wine - I know not safe so I will not use this combination again)

Last night I had 25mg valis - probably not necessary, but helped me relax and sleep relatively easy (and for 11 hours)
I am now concerned about using valis as a sub - due to their much higher addictive properties, so I want to stop using the valis without too much pain.

I have used valis in the past recreationaly, never more than 25mg, and usually with gaps about a week or more - so I don't think tolerance has built up at all. All in all comparative to a lot of users on the forum, the total amount I have taken over the past year (and the only year I have ever used valii)s relatively low.

My question is this; should I stop from tonight, take nothing at all (or perhaps a glass of wine - very rare drinker and alcohol has never been an issue) - or is it more wise to taper off over the next couple days etc..

Could anybody offer advise on this? i really want to avoid benzo withdrawel and temptation to using cannabis again.

i have a sleeve left - dispose or taper? Could anyone recommend? thank you so much for reading and thank you bluelight for your awesome helpful and unbiased site.

Last edited by a moderator:
you've taken relatively small doses for about 3 days? if i'm understanding correctly?

you'd be absolutely fine if you just did not take them anymore, valium is very forgiving in that it lasts long in the body so rebound effects are relatively non-existent IME. took one 10mg last night and i'm still chillin' %)

however, the bad part of weed withdrawal is yet to come.. the lack of appetite, anxiety, irritability and chance of insomnia will present itself the more your body removes the THC from your blood.

if i were you, i'd switch up that valium to melatonin at this point and start taking a B-complex vitamin in the mornings to help with appetite.

as for other psychological symptoms, welp, yer gotta bite the bullet, mate. ;)

N.B. - we refer to ourselves as 'I' here at BL. :)

Hi Blank

Extreme gratitude for your reply :)

I will ditch the usage of the valiums then. Obviously my main concern was that this may make me more susceptible to seeking alternatives or going back to square one. You're correct to understand the small doses over the last 3 days - and I'll look to get hold of some melatonin and B-complex vitamins as suggested.

I appreciate this won't be easy, particularly at night times - fortunately I don't go back to work for another week so I'm hoping to try and get into a better ritual for sleeping, eating etc... and avoiding any environments where I'm likely to give in to toking once more - I'm sure I'll find some helpful advice on the forums somewhere.

And note taken, I've read through the site rules which I initially overlooked, should I need to seek further advice in the future.

Once again thanks for your support, I very much appreciate it :)

yes no problem, mate. this is what we are here for :).

i encourage you to check out this thread on W/D and addiction to cannabis. you may find great tips in there.

Thanks again Blank, I've had a good read through and added a post to the thread - if this thread is clogging up BL feel free to delete, you've answered my questions :)

Hi Blank

Extreme gratitude for your reply :)

I will ditch the usage of the valiums then. Obviously my main concern was that this may make me more susceptible to seeking alternatives or going back to square one. You're correct to understand the small doses over the last 3 days - and I'll look to get hold of some melatonin and B-complex vitamins as suggested.

I appreciate this won't be easy, particularly at night times - fortunately I don't go back to work for another week so I'm hoping to try and get into a better ritual for sleeping, eating etc... and avoiding any environments where I'm likely to give in to toking once more - I'm sure I'll find some helpful advice on the forums somewhere.

And note taken, I've read through the site rules which I initially overlooked, should I need to seek further advice in the future.

Once again thanks for your support, I very much appreciate it :)

Careful with the B Vitmains though coming off pot. They can make you quite anxious.

Careful with the B Vitmains though coming off pot. They can make you quite anxious.

Greetings, What was it?

The tablets I've been taking for 4 days now have the following nutritional information:

Vitamin C300mg 375%
Thiamin (Vitamin B1)18mg 1,636%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)10 mg 714%
Niacin50mg NE 313%
Pantothenic Acid10mg 167%
Vitamin B65mg 357%
Vitamin B1210µg 400%
Folic Acid400µg 200%
Biotin50µg 100%
Rose Hips10mg **

**No NRV established

-

I have noticed my anxiety has started to creep up a little bit in the last few days - are you aware if the vitamins have been suggested purely for the appetite issue?

I've been forcing myself to eat in regular intervals throughout the day (healthy non-processed foods and I would say rather balanced), and my appetite has increased which I believe is down to my efforts more than anything...

If this is the case (complex B vitamins to be used to assist with appetite ONLY) then I may stop taking these and see how I feel after a few days - A quick google search has shown others have experienced similar anxiety increases due to the stimulant effect the vitamins have on your metabolic system. Advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

I don't think Vitamin B will make you anxious. Could be wrong, but if you do happen to suffer from any resulting anxiety after cessation of weed-smoking, I'm confident that it won't be because you started taking vitamins. B-12 is actually toted as a remedy for anxiety and depression problems, so.... yeah. On the other hand, I know for sure that a B-deficiency can be the extra push a person needs to fall into depression, and seeing as how depression and anxiety are so closely linked....

Don't let anyone talk you out of taking vitamins. The only real danger for the average person is taking too much of the stuff, which, again for the average person, won't happen if you just read the label and follow the directions.

Also, don't forget my main man vitamin D. That li'l mafucka'll help keep your head on straight and your moods balanced like it's his fuckin' job or somethin'.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
I don't think Vitamin B will make you anxious. Could be wrong, but if you do happen to suffer from any resulting anxiety after cessation of weed-smoking, I'm confident that it won't be because you started taking vitamins. B-12 is actually toted as a remedy for anxiety and depression problems, so.... yeah. On the other hand, I know for sure that a B-deficiency can be the extra push a person needs to fall into depression, and seeing as how depression and anxiety are so closely linked....

Don't let anyone talk you out of taking vitamins. The only real danger for the average person is taking too much of the stuff, which, again for the average person, won't happen if you just read the label and follow the directions.

Also, don't forget my main man vitamin D. That li'l mafucka'll help keep your head on straight and your moods balanced like it's his fuckin' job or somethin'.

Best of luck.

Thank you for your response Jibult,

I always read the label, I'm not one of these people who take 3+ paracetamol because they think it will have a better effect ;)

I consume a fair old amount of diary products on a daily basis, together with plenty of eggs, however I completely avoid fish/seafood in general.

In your shoes (as in I'm not taking what you say as advise, only recommendation :D ) would you take vitamin D supplements on top of what you try to eat as a balanced diet? Or perhaps would cod liver oil tablets be a better suggestion?

Thanks again, & thanks for your support

When it comes to starting a daily vitamin regimen, I honestly think it's best to get a doctor's opinion-- which would likely include some kind of blood and/or urine test to see what your personal levels look like.

I would just do what you're doing, brutha. Get the daily, one-in-all supplement if you don't want to hit up a doctor, and see how you feel a week or two from now.

The only time I've gone out of my way for vitamin D was when my doctor found out I was deficient and prescribed me these huge ass vitamin D tabs. As a result, I learned a little bit about what I was taking.

Yeah, that does sound like the most sensible suggestion, to seek a doctors opinion - although in the UK where I live, with the NHS as it is, you'd be scorned for going to a Doctor for something that they don't consider a necessity. Yet I may be 'selfish', on this occasion ;).

For now though, considering my complete lack of intake of fishy oils, I'll try and find some cod liver oil with some, but not all 100% RDA of Vit D, because that sounds like what I need right now!

Gratitude and peace, Jibult