Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

quick update ( recovery )

cope

Bluelighter
'sup :)

as some of you might know, i suffered a very naughty long term comedown (how i hate that term), roughly 8-9 months going through hell, no emotions > just being flat , couldn' t get out of the bed in the morning, almost impossible to keep up with my tasks at work, no libido (very frustrating), brain fog, tinnitus and all that nasty stuff you can read about in ED.

well, as of now, 1,5 years have passed since it started, i am very much recovered, enjoying life and wanted to let you all know don't give up hope if you are in similar situation.

i have no doubt that mdma can turn very bad on you even if done responsibly. take care, respect it and space out your rolls.

have a nice weekend, i just got home from work and need some rest so i thought i might as well make this post while enjoying a few beers.

life is good

- cope (100% back to my ol' self)

Last edited:
Cope!!! Been a while!! I'm glad you are doing well and have recovered. And no I have not lost hope! I was diagnosed two days ago with Anxiety Disorder and I think this is where this weird symptom is coming from which I had been in denial for months. I will keep fighting the fight! Keep in touch :D

maya !!!

:)

i really wish you all the best regarding your recovery, we all gonna make it.

pm me sometime if you wanna chat on skype

glad to help you out if i can

Did you have any bad sleep? I am past 2 months of my MDMA comedown now and most my issues are mostly resolved with the exception of bad sleep/fatigue. I wake up many times during the night. It's easy to fall asleep, but I never stay asleep for more than 1-2 hrs at at a time.

Did this happen to you and if so how long did it take to imrpove?

Hello ShytK Yes bad sleep is a major issue with MDMA/Other Drug induced long term comedown. It is closely linked to anxiety and depression.

After a long and painful recovery my sleep is much better now but not 100%. It takes a long time to get 100% better but in the end you will come right.

For me improvement to actually feeling normal again took approx 18 months or so but everyone has a different story, everyones recovery is different. All I can say is exercise, supps, acceptance, learning about your condition all contribute to a faster recovery.

Same offer as cope has said anyone is welcome to PM me for skype details if they need reassurance or help.

@ Cope I lived the experience with you man.. It seems like a long time ago now those long winter nights on skype trying to figure out what was wrong with us. WE MADE IT!! We have become good friends.. It is a joy to read about your recovery. It is also a joy to report mine. Life is good again phew.. That was a close one.

Dude! Any advice on what you did to help you get by ?

Congrats man. You futura and me all were in the dumps together and now we are all back to normal.

I remember longing for this day when things were really bad...

For those currently suffering - the three of us were where you are now. Time will fix you.

Have read a lot of posts from all of you guys during the obligatory, anxiety-fuelled "research" phase. Extremely kind of you all to keep the rest of us updated. Having been in this position yourselves, I'm sure you all realise the value of a positive mindset to the recovery process. Doubts start to creep up when you're 9 months into recovery and everything still feels incredibly off. At the risk of sounding lame, a success story thread is exactly what I needed.

hi dpd,

pretty sure you will join the ranks of recovery, futuras recovery took much longer than 9 months and now hes enjoying life again ....

all the best !

Congrats man. You futura and me all were in the dumps together and now we are all back to normal.

I remember longing for this day when things were really bad...

For those currently suffering - the three of us were where you are now. Time will fix you.

Legit. Like totally normal? No more loss/numbing of emotions?

I'm trying to gauge my recovery. My entirety is gone and I'm sleeping normal now and I feel good enough to socialize again. But life doesnt have that same color as it used to still.

Cope, great to hear. I am at 8 months now and slowly becoming myself again. I will take your advice and hold on strong!

what would this reaction be called? Its hard to google

So cope, when u got better. u said around 8-9 months It was an over night thing. But let's say at around month 7, were u feeling the same as month 4? Or did u feel any better at month 7?

So cope, when u got better. u said around 8-9 months It was an over night thing. But let's say at around month 7, were u feeling the same as month 4? Or did u feel any better at month 7?

from what i can tell, no noticeable changes at month 7.

dont quote me on this, but i read somewhere that healing nerves will only be used by your body if fully healed....

all the best

really? so anxiety and everything went away in one night?

really? so anxiety and everything went away in one night?

anxiety wasn't as much of a problem as the constant brain fog and dizziness ... 1 day i woke up noticed a sudden change, frome there - let's call it the turning point - it kept improving in the course of weeks/ months.

main point is, is was able to feel me again... 92% / 95% / 100% - meh, even a drug naive person can't tell where he is at here and now.

live is everchanging

Wow that's interesting. I had dizziness only first 2 weeks of my comedown, it was improving day by day though and then it disappeared over night just like you say.

Since then only anxiety/fear and is now month 4.

Ya able to rage out to music like before? How's that for ya. Music is kinda boring to me lately and its sad. Its all I want back