• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quick question: Is melatonin OK to take with dxm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raphaelvize

Bluelighter
Hi, this is a bit of a petty question I know but so many things interact with DXM so thought I better ask you guys to make sure its safe or would add negative side effects to the experience. I did do a google search on it, but couldn't find any reliable information. I'm sure I'm just being extra-cautious since melatonin is very safe, but I want to make sure that it doesn't interact with DXM in a negative way. Cheers :)

Hey there Raphaelvize. If you haven't been formally welcomed to Bluelight yet, allow me to extend my hand. I'm glad to see that you're approaching your drug use from a position of responsibility. It's the way to go. You're right that Dextromethorphan interacts powerfully with a relatively large number of different substances, but Melatonin is not one as far as I know and as far as my brief research into the topic has implied.

The only issue you need worry about is increased sedation, which is obvious, as both drugs have the potential to cause somnolence. You should be good to go my friend and being that this query is pretty open and shut, I'm going to close it. Let me know if you have any other problems or questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.