• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

quick question about hydroxyzine?

deos68

Bluelighter
took 10mg of hydroxyzine at 4am this morning currently 7:21pm about 15 hrs ago how long before i can drink some beer? =D
edit*** extra question: anyone else used hydroxyzine for allergy induced asthma? worked great for me

Last edited:
I don't get it.
cant you drink beer whenever you want? Hydroxyzine is nothing but a bulky antihistamine.

The effects last around 8 hours so you'll be good. It might still be in your system so don't over do it, but yea you should be good. Maybe just an increase in drowsiness

The effects last around 8 hours so you'll be good. It might still be in your system so don't over do it, but yea you should be good. Maybe just an increase in drowsiness

it's been a while since ive taken it i would take 25mg no problem, but not sure why this 10mg kicked my ass this time. i was super sloppy for a good 6 hrs then just chill the rest of the day until now

Hey Deos. Good for you for being cautious, but there's really no need in this scenario. Firstly, 10mg of Hydroxyzine (Vistaril, Atarax) is a relatively low dose, considering the dosage for anxiety relief and/or hypnosis generally begins at 25mg or 50mg. The main point is though, that Hydroxyzine is just an antihistamine. It's not a sedative/hypnotic like say, a Benzodiazepine. Benzodiazepines and Alcohol produce very similar effects in the body and a synergy is observed when the two are combined. This can lead to various complications like vomit aspiration or even death from respiratory depression.

Antihistamines will not contribute to this in any way. They have the ability to increase sedation, definitely, but not in a dangerous way. But, if Hydryoxyzine really affects you in such a major way, you probably should give yourself some time before consuming the alcohol, just because you probably don't want to end up fallin asleep.

High therapeutic index; no drug synergy or respiratory depression. You're good to go.

Hey Deos. Good for you for being cautious, but there's really no need in this scenario. Firstly, 10mg of Hydroxyzine (Vistaril, Atarax) is a relatively low dose, considering the dosage for anxiety relief and/or hypnosis generally begins at 25mg or 50mg. The main point is though, that Hydroxyzine is just an antihistamine. It's not a sedative/hypnotic like say, a Benzodiazepine. Benzodiazepines and Alcohol produce very similar effects in the body and a synergy is observed when the two are combined. This can lead to various complications like vomit aspiration or even death from respiratory depression.

Antihistamines will not contribute to this in any way. They have the ability to increase sedation, definitely, but not in a dangerous way. But, if Hydryoxyzine really affects you in such a major way, you probably should give yourself some time before consuming the alcohol, just because you probably don't want to end up fallin asleep.

High therapeutic index; no drug synergy or respiratory depression. You're good to go.

thank you for the great response
i took it for allergies which works great by the way. think because i'm a anxious person(i have anxiety which it also helped a bit)i tend to over think things lol.
ive taken benadryl before in combo with booze but since the half life of benadryl isnt long, it never posed a problem. guess i shouldve looked at the half life of hydroxyzine before consuming