View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Quick DXM Question

SillyStringer

Greenlighter
Hey. So I've recently did DXM for the second time. The first time I may have did less than 300 mgs, keep in mind it's been more than 2-3 months in between uses. But last weekend, (Sunday Morning, Midnight), I drunk almost a whole bottle of dxm. I started to feel very dizzy and had to lay down. Took some time to goto sleep but I did. I woke up still dizzy. Yes I took Polysterix or whatever. Anyways. The first time I took it the same thing happened, except I was way dizzy and threw up eventually. After this second use, I have a weird tightness in my head. I don't feel stupid, I'm currently going to school and am able to concentrate just fine. I'm thinking I have the enzyme deficiency. Anyways, any advice or past experiences like this? I still feel the migraine. It's only been 3 days, so more time I'm assuming will cure the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply. I tend to never use DXM again. Not because I think it's bad, I just understand something in my body doesn't take it as well as others. I still have slight disassociative symptoms. I only mixed a few sips of alcohol with it, no more than 5. I'm thinking the enzyme deficiency as well as my liver having to cycle through the alcohol may have caused a slow recovery. Have you experienced anything like this? I don't presume it's brain damage. I haven't abused the substance, and honestly I feel just fine other than the pressure. I guess the chemicals in my brain are off. Should I take any vitamins? I read fish oil helps with neurons in the brain?

Hey first off welcome to the site.

I would say simply wait it out, these symptoms will most likely disappear soon.
Try to eat as healthy as possible, maybe do some physical exercise (a light job should be good, don't stress your body too much).
You're probably just more sensitive than average to this drug.

Btw I can move this thread to the Psychedelic Drugs section if you want, just send me a PM if you want it done.

Last edited:
Yes, this is totally normal. Its the dxm hangover/afterglow (for me its usually way worse after not using dxm for a while). I don't think it's an enzyme deficiency, 300mg would FUCK you up if it were. Its a lot for me and I don't have the enzyme deficiency.

This is just DXM Polistirex, its the extended release version of DXM, which doesn't actually have much of a recreational value...

I'd stick with DXM HBr if you want to do this drug, it's really the only way of doing it.

It's definitely not an enzyme deficiency.

Almost certainly. How much DXM Polistirex was in the bottle. Was it Robitussin or Delsym?

Delsym. 534mgs, but I gave some to a friend. So maybe 400mgs I took. I'm getting my appetite back, and slowly the headache is fading. I can tell my body is still digesting the plastic, because no matter how much water I've drunk, including the i.v the doctor gave me, I still can't pee clear.

I'm a relatively small guy keep in mind. I assume it's the plastic, because I've drunk so much water and my pee is still yellow. So I'm guessing my body is still working it out.

To anyone who cares or has had the same experience as me and is worried... I haven't had a headache all day. I still feel slightly disacciactied but I've always felt that way a tiny bit so I'm nothing short of normal. I still feel a few effects, but now I feel more of am afterglow than a hang over.

This is just DXM Polistirex, its the extended release version of DXM, which doesn't actually have much of a recreational value...

I'd stick with DXM HBr if you want to do this drug, it's really the only way of doing it.

It's definitely not an enzyme deficiency.

A low dose of the polistirex, though, does go good with the instant release dextromethorphan. I always found that once the effects kicked in that time moved waayyy too fast and before I knew it, they'd be diminishing.