• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Quetiapine high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Queitapine will just make you sleepy and make you feel like nothing matters. Seroquel isn't really a abusable drug.
It's great for sleep or making you sedated when you're in a really aggressive mood, it is an anti-pyschotic medicine.

I have had some experience in using it to end a DXM trip by forcing myself to go to sleep.

So any dose of Quetipine (25mg and up) you think will sort of give you a high similar to a Xanax?

No, not in terms of recreational effects.
Maybe in terms of sleepiness, but they are way different.
I searched some effects of seroquel and this is what I found
"After 50 mg seroquel binds more and more serotonin receptors and at high doses (over 200 mg) seroquel starts blocking significant amounts of dopamine receptors."
earch

My guess is that seroquel would make you feel down if dopamine receptors are blocked.
But
seroquel mainly acts on histamine receptors. I wouldn't throw it away, save it if you're dry of any other drug or want to get to sleep on a stimulant.

I'm convinced combining xanax with seroquel would cancel each other out or just make you fall asleep. But I have little experience with xanax, I never found xanax to be the wonder drug that everyone said it was, despite using legit xanax pills.

Save the seroquel for a sleepy bud smoke at night, I'm curious about the effects of seroquel with weed and other drugs.

Last edited:
Seroquel is the best drug to stop a trip so it's good for that.

Also ok for stim comedown.

apart from that I can't imagine a reason why you"d want to take it , anything other than occasional use is just way too much sideffects.

^This
It's an atypical antipsychotic, if you want to feel like a zombie go for it

Making you "sleepy and feel like nothing matters" is a perfect description, IMO. It's certainly not something you'd take to get any sort of traditional "high", but it is probably the best drug out there for those times when you really wish your emotions had an "off switch" of sorts that you could flip at night to get to sleep.

As far as its theoretical potency as a hypnotic, I'm honestly not entirely sure...it is possible that it's conducive to sleep only through it's ability to empty your mind and make you indifferent to things around you (by which I mean not only actual situations, but also thoughts/memories/ruminations), rather than really acting directly as a particularly strong sedative/hypnotic itself, although I'll note it's definitely been successful in sending me to sleep during bad stimulant comedowns, or even peaks (I used it to quickly kill off a very unpleasant "high" from 60-80mg MPA once).

For me it's definitely not a recreational drug in any sense of the word, but it's a very useful functional drug that I always like to have on hand.

EDIT: It's probably worth noting also that I have BPD, meaning I'm prone to (frequently severe) excesses of emotion which can often dramatically change within just hours; whether that be anger (most common for me), despair, euphoria, or anxiety - and pretty much any of these can co-occur simultaneously as a particularly unpleasant "mixed state". This in many cases makes Seroquel a real life-saver for me. I've read reports of people with bipolar claiming it gives them a similar benefit, and even some people with MDD/depression claiming that it was able to resolve their insomnia (possibly because that insomnia may have been due to ruminations or obsessive thoughts?).

In short, it's an utterly useless drug for people without any psychological problems, but IME can help enormously for those suffering from some types of mental illness.

Last edited:
I think it can be said that Quetiapine (Seroquel) is an objectionally non-recreational drug. It's however, an effective and safe drug for helping to get some sleep when in withdrawal or when suffering from insomnia in general. It goes without saying that it's also a pretty useful antipsychotic (according to modern medicine), but it's seeing a lot of off-label use these days as well.

People can get confused when they hear reports by those who have been in prison or jail. Drugs like Quetiapine and Bupropion seem to be popular in jail due to the fact that incarceration is so fucking monotonous that people will do anything to alter their state of mine; anything, but on the outside so to speak, there are much better options for recreational use.

Quetiapine is about as non-recreational as it gets in my opinion! Just thinking about the restless legs it gave me makes me squirm in my chair :(

Quetiapine I can understand being popular in jail; after all, who wouldn't want to sleep their jail time away? But bupropion...? Eh? Not only is it ineffective at pretty much anything it's prescribed for (and I really did gave it a chance for a week before dropping it and going back to cigarettes), but it has the side-effect of increasing anxiety and unease (considerably for some people).

@ 50 mg, you're going to see only the (extremelypotent) antihistamine effect of quietapine- It's going to make you literally fall down and go to sleep, like taking a half dozen benadryl.
Quietapine does not have any hypnotic effect at any dosage, and antipsychotic effect is usually only noted @ dosed >200mg.

My wife takes a gram a night. Yep, 1000mg.

Like it's been said a few times...it's not recreational.
And without tolerance 25mg is enough to fall asleep.

I think someone really needs to make a sticky with a list and description of drugs that are purely functional and not recreational at all. I swear we've had hundreds of these kinds of threads over the years. :/

Last edited:
I was prescribed 200mg XR tablets, When taking more it would make me feel like I was on the light end of falling asleep, as I took it at night and really did need that light feeling of being able to sleep. I thought it had been ok to take a second before bed on one occasion and it surprised me but no value to me.

Last edited:
I take Seroquel 300 XR and it helps me very much with my depression and insomnia but not my anger. Definitely not a recreational drug.

Quetiapin is not recreational, as an antipsychotic ffs
Closed

Edit: Thanks Fug :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.