• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Questions regarding bud butter.

shady4091

Bluelighter
So I'm making a single batch of brownies (just the betty crocker kind) and it calls for 1/3 cup of oil which I will be using the butter for. Now, I don't really want any leftover butter and I want the batch to be quite strong so I'll be using about 10 grams. The question I have is, is 1/3 a cup of melted butter enough to hold 10 grams of bud? It really doesn't look like it... The 10 grams comes out to more than 1/3 of a cup...

So; should I:

A: Simmer half the bud like normal, strain it then simmer the other half, or

B: Just use a bit more butter and save some of it

I'm leaning toward A but I don't want to lose to much butter in the double straining process. And the obvious problem with B is the brownies won't be as strong as I want them to be. Ideas?

search engine top right of your page. use it. there are a bunch of threads of this topic.

my 2c keep it simple. all the bs about oil and butter and blah blah blah is crap. ingest the herb - get high - simple as that.

search engine top right of your page. use it. there are a bunch of threads of this topic.

my 2c keep it simple. all the bs about oil and butter and blah blah blah is crap. ingest the herb - get high - simple as that.
its likely that he doesn't have a endless costless supply, so he doesn't want to waste, and wants to utilize what he has to its maximum potential.
ive made butter before a few times, i usually use a OZ for a half brick, but i like my stuff being KILLER.

I'm well aware of the search engines on the forum and how to use them. I've read about all I can read on the subject but my questions are specific to my scenario, not just some general questions. And wow, "ingest the herb - get high" totally never even thought of that...

I've found so much info on the general idea but very little on making small batches. It's done now anyway; if anyone wants to know I used slightly more butter to compensate for losing some in the process (I never use water or anything like that) and ended up with a little more than the recipe called for but just used it all anyway. They obviously turned out extremely dense and chewy but very strong :)

well, i double boil process when making my butter, so no water mixes in with my butter, when the butter is still hot i pour it through a wet iron style coffee filter to filter out the physical weed as i dont like cheese cloth method.

if u want to make small batches, dont use butter just cook directly with oily or fatty foods, example, "firecrackers", or cooking with a fatty oil that will obsorb THC then you can eat it, then your only cooking what your imediatly consuming.

Butter isnt the best edible way, its just the most convenient, (IMO) (in terms of preparation, carefulness required, amounts required, and skill required in terms of "cooking knowledge". Once again, all IMO

Yeah that's exactly what I did, used a double boiler with a small pot on top with the butter and weed. Simmered for about an hour and a half and just filtered it with a mesh strainer. It really turned out better than I thought it would. I ate one late at night and had to miss work the next day haha.

I really dislike firecrackers or cooking anything directly with weed. It's worth being somewhat inefficient to not taste like absolute shit.

its likely that he doesn't have a endless costless supply, so he doesn't want to waste, and wants to utilize what he has to its maximum potential.
ive made butter before a few times, i usually use a OZ for a half brick, but i like my stuff being KILLER.

what are you talking about? i have no idea. if you don't want to waste any material, put it in your mouth and swallow. its not rocket science ffs.

making butter does not multiply the original amount of active ingredient as idiots might think. there is only so much the/cbd/etc in any given amount. all this butter/oil stuff ime is bs. have fun fucking around and wasting stuff.

Ive never been able to eat raw weed and get high, although Ive never eaten much more than a gram. I have, however had 2 firecrackers which held roughly a gram between them get me pretty toasted.

I always use more butter than the brownie recipe (or cookie or whatever) calls for and if anything it just makes them more chewy. I also use 1/2 butter and 1/2 coconut oil.