View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions on first LSD experience

Cookie5511

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and this is my first post, I just have a couple of questions about my first experience with LSD.

I'll be using acid for the first time tomorrow at a rave with a group of some of my closest friends in the world at Red Rocks Ampitheater. The only other experience I have with drugs is weed and Molly. My questions are:
How much should I take to have a good time?
How do I avoid a "bad trip"/how do I make the most of this experience?
My friends have told me to make sure I don't take "research", what is this and how do I avoid it?
I may be drug tested with a standard UA 4+ days after the concert, standard UA's do not test for LSD, correct?
Thanks for any help everyone! Just trying to cover all my bases to prepare for this powerful drug ��

Last edited:
Okay, clearly you haven't researched a darn thing about LSD before deciding you're just gonna up and take it at a rave. So all I'm gonna say is, it would be a mistake to take it for the first time at a rave; MDMA and cannabis bear no resemblances to the utter mind-shattering nature of LSD.

You should read up about LSD in this link here before making any decisions on whether or not to take it, in my opinion:
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml

I third that. The link he posted was actually one of the first sources of info I've read about lsd (and mdma). More than a decade ago too. I took a peek at it and it seems only a wee bit updated. =D Not that lsd advice should change all that much anyway...

edit: Totally off topic but I rarely go on here outside of my phone, and hot damn at the member to guest ratio. It's like 1/100. Is it always like this? And what's up with the influx of green lighters these days? What happened to the BLers?? That proportion is hitting the fan too.

back on topic. So yeah. If you want to avoid a bad trip, read some Erowid faqs. They help a lot, but it also helps to know yourself personally to be able to dictate specific adjustments that might be needed, so that the tips actually help. Know what you love and fear, and understand how you view yourself and how others view you. If shit goes south, remind yourself you are trippin' and that's all it is. If you're in a group setting, make sure that everyone you are in close vicinity to are people you would trust with your car keys. Most of all, and this is just imo, your aim should be to have fun mostly. Fuck all that superficial bs, crappy stresses/worries and personal criticisms. These things are for whoever is interested in them and especially people who are safety conscious. Not everyone admits it, but the fact that alcohol is legal virtually everywhere is proof that almost everyone craves altered states.

And if you're not enjoying your life, then you're not doing it right. On the other side, what good is it to be all depressed and negative, and then die the next day? Massive waste of an opportunity, imo. Even with lsd, I had so much fun with it and I can't imagine it not being so on the whole. The effects are otherworldly, but at the same time it's not that crazy. I've seen crazier shit while sober.

anyway, I digress. I'm actually going to hunt down some good ol' lsd soon so I can enjoy it with rose colored glasses. It's been a while, but all of ya lsd maniacs make me want to trip on them again. I have not bad tripped for many years off of it and I'm positive it won't happen again. I'll see soon enough anyway. 8( 8)

Last edited: