Questions for Low Testosterone Treatment

Deru

Bluelight Crew
Does anyone have any advice on which is the best treatment option for low testosterone that minimizes or eliminates the impact on fertility? From my brief bit of research, it seems exogenous testosterone in the AndroGel formulation seems to have the biggest impact on fertility, followed by the nasal gel formulations and then an ovulatory stimulant called clomiphene citrate. Does this sound accurate? If so, I’d also be interested to know if anyone has advice how the two different substances differ for low testoserone treatment and which one is superior or has the least amount of side effects.

500mg a week is overkill, if you have low testosterone levels and its been tested by doc's you normally get test cyp 100mg per week or nebido every 3 month but this is for ppl thats on trt.

Does anyone have any advice on which is the best treatment option for low testosterone that minimizes or eliminates the impact on fertility? From my brief bit of research, it seems exogenous testosterone in the AndroGel formulation seems to have the biggest impact on fertility, followed by the nasal gel formulations and then an ovulatory stimulant called clomiphene citrate. Does this sound accurate? If so, I’d also be interested to know if anyone has advice how the two different substances differ for low testoserone treatment and which one is superior or has the least amount of side effects.
Look into optimising your diet first, high healthy fats, cut out processed junk, plenty of fresh vegetables..

Look into optimising your diet first, high healthy fats, cut out processed junk, plenty of fresh vegetables..

Good advice, and I've actually spent the last three + months doing that which is why my doctor suggested the testosterone therapy. My levels are still coming up low for testosterone and slightly high for estradiol even with exercising daily, getting good sleep, keeping stress low, eliminating all drugs and alcohol and eating insanely healthy with lots of fish for omega-3's, protein and a ton of vegetables all day long.

Any other thoughts on the various pharmaceutical options to increase testosterone while minimizing the impact to fertility and various other side effects? I'm slightly leaning towards the clomiphene citrate, but I'm having a very difficult time finding case studies to compare the differences.

500mg a week is overkill, if you have low testosterone levels and its been tested by doc's you normally get test cyp 100mg per week or nebido every 3 month but this is for ppl thats on trt.

I'm fairly certain any type of pharmaceutical drugs that require intramuscular route of administration are going to be a no go for me with my history of endocarditis and artificial heart valve as they become high risk medications for me.

Good advice, and I've actually spent the last three + months doing that which is why my doctor suggested the testosterone therapy. My levels are still coming up low for testosterone and slightly high for estradiol even with exercising daily, getting good sleep, keeping stress low, eliminating all drugs and alcohol and eating insanely healthy with lots of fish for omega-3's, protein and a ton of vegetables all day long.

Any other thoughts on the various pharmaceutical options to increase testosterone while minimizing the impact to fertility and various other side effects? I'm slightly leaning towards the clomiphene citrate, but I'm having a very difficult time finding case studies to compare the differences.

What about eggs and saturated fat for cholesterol the precursor to testosterone..?

If estradiol is high then CYP19A1 (aromatase) could be converting testosterone to estrogen... Lower adipose tissue (belly fat)..

Yup! My doctor explained to me last time how cholesterol is converted into androgens, estrogens and a couple other things I can’t remember. She explained to me how stress and alcohol can affect what the body turns the cholesterol into, which is why I’ve really focused on keeping stress low, getting good sleep, exercising and eliminating alcohol completely. I have kept a pretty strict diet that she helped me implement, as well as vitamin D, zinc, magnesium and fish oil supplements daily.

In regards to the lower adipose tissue, I can actually see my abs pretty well defined at this point, how significant of a contributing factor would that be and how low does it need to be?

Trt as last option.

125-150mg test cypionate or enanthate injections. Once a week but should be twice a week - honestly it leads to much more stable levels.

No nebido or sustanon type injections.

Don't let your doc put your on an AI for a low trt dose. Side effect ally esp when you really don't need it. Wait for blood tests for something like that if it must be done.

I'm 32 almost 33. Got diagnosed with low T at 29. My doctor monitors my bloodwork etc. and provides advice when necessary.

I personally I.M. 0.05ml of Sustanon in once a week and maintain estrogen with Aromasim and Arimadex. However, I don't get this on prescription as I pay less than 50% per vial true a trusted close friend.

My best advice is; do as much research as possible and consult with your doctor regularly.

TRT is great and I went from 90kg-75kg in 2 years, gained more muscle and my libido and stamina skyrocketed! My overall physical and mental health have also improved drastically.

Still, as others have said; TRT should be last resort.

I want to thank everyone for advising me against starting TRT. After almost six months of eating extremely healthy and doing resistance training, my testosterone and estradiol levels are finally well within normal range. I just needed to allow my body time to do what it does, naturally.

I want to thank everyone for advising me against starting TRT. After almost six months of eating extremely healthy and doing resistance training, my testosterone and estradiol levels are finally well within normal range. I just needed to allow my body time to do what it does, naturally.
Hell yeah that's fantastic news! Glad to hear you're body is in a good place now. Just be sure to maintain it. I'm always amazed what the human body can do when given the right substrates.

Your doctor should be suspended for not checking the real androgen that you need to feel and look like a man. High synthetic DHT makes most men feel awesome because it noticeably stimulates your benzo receptor lol and some adrenaline to balance it off and hit the weights.

You probably won't be able to maintain those natural levels too long because there's usually more going on than just nutrition unless you were starving yourself constantly and purging anything you did eat.

Remember that not all men even need testosterone therapy. Some would be just fine on Proviron or a DHT gell. Especially because most of the important effects of testosterone are from DHT conversion anyways which supposedly is 10% but probably only for tall teenagers with good parents.

Testosterone and DHT therapy with Arimidex just in case would be best but good luck with that lol unless you see an endocrinologist. Hair loss is more concerning than mental, physical, and sexual health in a lot places. Some will get concerned if you suggest that cortisol, low estrogen, and aging thyroid might be involved. If you know that then you might know money making DHT blockers should be tossed in the trash unless you have an androgen storm.

So, if you bust your ass in the gym for a year and get softer and tired, don't wait too long or you'll feel like shit and might be tempted to buy from random people on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator: