• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

⫸STICKY⫷ Questions for Bluelight's New Members!

1. heard of it two or three years ago, just joined once i finally visited
  2. word of mouth
  3. was on a fluoxetine script for ~2.5 years, alc, weed, speed, mdma, amphetamines, ketamine, coke and some inhalants
  4. oral ingestion, smoking, snorting

1. If I had to give my best guess, I'd say between 14 and 15 years. I can't rationalize not making an account all these years, aside from being strung. Lol.

2. I first came to bluelight to find out the effects of a 30 mg Adderall my friend had given me. I was 14 at the time, so this was about 2007. I asked him what it would do, and he said "just look it up on bluelight". I must have used that line myself thousands of times since.

3. Prior to using bluelight I'm pretty sure I had only smoked marijuana and drank some beers.

4. Smoke and drink prior to bluelight.

In the 15 years since, my life has been a rollercoaster. My reason for joining was to hopefully find some support. I've been using opiates since I was 17 (11yrs) and more recently cocaine and crack much more heavily. I have not shot or used any heroin/fentanyl since last November. This is thanks to a fantastic sober living facility that I am still residing in. The issue is that I am still smoking crack. I'm smoking it right now. Lol. I take Suboxone to help w the come downs. I have a really great job, a 3 year old son, a wonderful girlfriend and super supportive family. I am still on parole. I need to get it together. AA is cool but I have a very hard time with meetings. I have a solid group of friends, vast majority of them are multiple years sober. Why can't I get it? I tell myself every day, last day. Last day. I dunno. Here I am.

Hey everyone - welcome to Bluelight!

Sit down, get comfy and stay a while.

If you have the time, we'd love to know a bit more about how you got here. Feel free to answer as many questions as you'd like - no pressure. But these answers will help Bluelight get a better sense of our community and where Bluelight sits in their drug use trajectories.

Here we go...

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years?
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way?
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet?
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs?

If you have any questions for US, please let a moderator know!

Thank you for taking the time to help out our community, and see you around :)
Hi everyone. I'm a genuine n00b. I knew within minutes as I read some of the stuff here that I wanted to sign on.
Link was provided by someone on another site.
I'm mostly retired from recreational drugs b/c of potential interactions with prescription stuff. In my teens and 20s and a couple of times thereafter, I took LSD, MDMA, and other various psychedelics, nitrous oxide, ketamine, and snorted heroin once. I knew a couple of people who were into crystal but never tried it myself. I tried cannabis a few times in cookies, brownies, etc.; never really got into it. Also have taken prescription opioids a few times, mostly in codeine cough syrup, Vicodin, and Percocet. Always found opioids overrated for some reason. I take a prescription drug IM today but never used this route for recreational/social drugs. I drink socially, my faves being liqueurs like Amaretto (almond liqueur), Cointreau (orange cognac) and Drambuie (herbal Scotch).

I guess my real reason for wanting to hang out we here is that I've been strongly opposed to the "drug war" ideology practically all my life, even as a kid of like 7 or 8. I knew it was all propaganda, even though I wouldn't have recognized that word. It's harmed all of us so much, in all kinds of ways; a prescription I take, for example, got moved into a more controlled category for purely political reasons.

Anyway there are my answers; sorry they're kinda disorganized.

Hello Brothers and Sisters.

Ive Lurked BL for at least 10 years plus.

I learned of BL while searching for how to stop using opiates.

Im an old school addict. I don't discriminate with drugs. If a drug was available then I used it.
Anything I could consume to alter my perception I used. I never liked being sober. I started using
Drugs at 16 years old. The saying was “ reality is for people who cant handle drugs “.
My reality is now Im learning to live without using drugs. Im not there yet. Im a work in progress.
Lsd,weed,alcohol,speed,qualuudes,benzos,huffing,shrooms,marlboros,Hgh,coke,OPIATES……..

My only savior was No needles. Every other route to ingest was used.

I want to give a big Thank You to everyone who keeps BlueLight up and running.
Thank You also to everyone who has posted their struggles and challanges so others like me can see were
not alone with our addictions. The weight of addiction is unbearable at times and reading helpful advice from
true Warriors is Life saving. Keep fighting to survive addiction Friends.
I hope every member finds the peace they are seeking.
See you on the battlefield of the war on drugs until we all find our PEACE.🙏😎

I only smoked weed once in hs but didn't inhale, can I go to the bathroom sir?

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years?
A day. If I sign up now, don't have to do it later.

2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way?
Reddit while looking for harm reduction resources.

3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet?
I'm a pack a day smoker, and use weed primarily as a sleep aid. I drink maybe once every three months, and used nitrous oxide infrequently for about a month a few years ago.

4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs?
Smoking, edibles, nothing else though.

1. heard of it two or three years ago, just joined once i finally visited
  2. word of mouth
  3. was on a fluoxetine script for ~2.5 years, alc, weed, speed, mdma, amphetamines, ketamine, coke and some inhalants
  4. oral ingestion, smoking, snorting
The only bad drug I see in the list is the Prozac

1, about 5 maybe 6 years prior to making an account
2, I'm currently done everything I can think of all your major drugs weed, coke, heroin, all the rx opiates I xan think of off tip my head even some fancy ones like oxyfast which is liquid oxycodone, to hydromorph hydrocodone, morphine, codeine, most the regular benzos diazepam,lorazepam, temazepam, alprozalam,clonazepam, and then the stimulants ive done all sort meth, amps, mama, mda, bzp, dmaa, amphetamine, dextroamphetamine, benzaphetamine, methylphenidate, dexmetlyphenidate,
Roa, all of them oral, smoked, plugged, shot I've done them all prior to joining

Hey everyone - welcome to Bluelight!

Sit down, get comfy and stay a while.

If you have the time, we'd love to know a bit more about how you got here. Feel free to answer as many questions as you'd like - no pressure. But these answers will help Bluelight get a better sense of our community and where Bluelight sits in their drug use trajectories.

Here we go...

If you have any questions for US, please let a moderator know!

Thank you for taking the time to help out our community, and see you around :)
Hey thanks you for your post which is extremely appropriate for me today as I have just joined BL!!! Sooooo Excited to be here!!! Although I have just joined today I have been reading BL and actually got addicted to reading everyones stories, ideas,safe drug use and all that good stuff and YOU HELPED ME GET THROUGH THE ROUGHEST PARTS OF MY ADDICTION/ADDICTIONS in the past for what i am truly thankful so BL has been in my life since 2013/14. First off I stay in Aberdeen Scotland so a lot of the same but there are huge differences aswell. Back then I was using heroin but I'm a poly drug user since the age of 19 I am now 49 so I've seen so many changes in the drug world with quality, quantity and socio-economic changes within the City. Now in the present I am currently on a methadone script which keeps me sane but i absolutely DETESTE METHADONE its worse than smack but its a huge money maker for pharmaceutical companies and chemists,right? In Scotland we don't have to pay for our scripts or meds because of our great National Health Service but privatisation will soon put an end to that. Cocaine has popped up again like an old best friend and is now pretty big in my life. I'm going to post my story in the newbie page because I have so much to share. I'm just glad to be here to learn from others and hopefully I will have something to give....but not drugs!!! I hope what I've said helps and hopefully gives you a picture of how people will use BL. First delving in to read up on advice and just knowing you are not alone then signing up to become a Bluelighter. I'm just proud to be here. I find it interesting that waaaay back then my situation was dire but at the moment I'm a mother first and foremost to a beautiful and creative teenage daughter and we have a beautiful home with our own garden!!!! Back then it wasn't like that I hated the area I stayed in but thank god I'm blessed with where I am now. I want to thank Bluelight for the sterling work you do!!
Luna X

Welcome to BL.Glad that you found some support here.That is great.Stick around

Hey thanks you for your post which is extremely appropriate for me today as I have just joined BL!!! Sooooo Excited to be here!!! Although I have just joined today I have been reading BL and actually got addicted to reading everyones stories, ideas,safe drug use and all that good stuff and YOU HELPED ME GET THROUGH THE ROUGHEST PARTS OF MY ADDICTION/ADDICTIONS in the past for what i am truly thankful so BL has been in my life since 2013/14. First off I stay in Aberdeen Scotland so a lot of the same but there are huge differences aswell. Back then I was using heroin but I'm a poly drug user since the age of 19 I am now 49 so I've seen so many changes in the drug world with quality, quantity and socio-economic changes within the City. Now in the present I am currently on a methadone script which keeps me sane but i absolutely DETESTE METHADONE its worse than smack but its a huge money maker for pharmaceutical companies and chemists,right? In Scotland we don't have to pay for our scripts or meds because of our great National Health Service but privatisation will soon put an end to that. Cocaine has popped up again like an old best friend and is now pretty big in my life. I'm going to post my story in the newbie page because I have so much to share. I'm just glad to be here to learn from others and hopefully I will have something to give....but not drugs!!! I hope what I've said helps and hopefully gives you a picture of how people will use BL. First delving in to read up on advice and just knowing you are not alone then signing up to become a Bluelighter. I'm just proud to be here. I find it interesting that waaaay back then my situation was dire but at the moment I'm a mother first and foremost to a beautiful and creative teenage daughter and we have a beautiful home with our own garden!!!! Back then it wasn't like that I hated the area I stayed in but thank god I'm blessed with where I am now. I want to thank Bluelight for the sterling work you do!!
Luna X

You're awesome!!

Much appreciate the words, and I'm sure you have something we can all learn from as well.

See you around.

1. Years.
2. The abuser that forced me to use IV methamphetmine showed me the site,
3. Weed-daily coke-couple time, benzos, alcohol-occasional/weekend warrior through out college, meth once age 16-smoked
4 Methamphetamine by force all ROA.

1. Years.
2. The abuser that forced me to use IV methamphetmine showed me the site,
3. Weed-daily coke-couple time, benzos, alcohol-occasional/weekend warrior through out college, meth once age 16-smoked
4 Methamphetamine by force all ROA.
are you free from your abuser? almost leery of advising you, if your abuser is on BL, please please be wise , this forcing you to shoot up speed has me quite concerned, let me know how you are

This was years ago. 2014-2015. Not forced anyl onger although addiction is never chosen.... I really had no choice in the matter.

1. Years. A very long time.
2. Queried something on Google, bluelight popped up. Thankfully.
3. I was a m-cat user at first. Then I began to dabble (and unfortunately dive) into a multitude of different substances. My hard drug use came after finding the forum. But I practiced as much harm reduction as possible due to having the site at my fingertips.
4. Oral ingestion/snorting.

👊

Hello! Long time listener, first time caller.
1. I've checked in on the site for a few years, started reading more often in recent months.
2. Word of mouth
3. Mostly cannabis, psychedelics, and dissociatives, with some occasional mdma.
4. Dry herb vaping or low temp dabs for cannabis, and oral and intranasal for powders and crystals.

Hi guys!
I've been lurking for several years on and off. Great harm reduction site.
I go way back to the Hive days and it was wild over there. I loved the outlaw feel of that place.
Anyway Tor brought me here originally and I've done just about every substance available. Stimulants are my main thing though, both pharmacuetical and street.
I do worry about fentanyl since
I've already had to do CPR and Narcan on a girlfriend. I'm an EMT and she made it but just barely.
Thanks for having me.

1. I think that I may have registered an account years ago. I liked to come on and read the forums, get a few laughs, some "oh no's", and maybe tears.
2. I found BL through a Google search on washing meth.
3. Even though it's been years since I first found BL my habits have stayed the same (but not my tolerance). I used to be a dick in the dirt alcoholic, now I'm a ten years clean alcoholic who uses meth on the daily. Have had my fair share of oxycodone and pain management but "knock on wood" even though I was taking 150mg at once it didn't stick and I never got withdrawals. After having kidney stones I learned to appreciate the pain relief rather than the euphoria and the energy to clean everything.
4. I smoke it, sometimes do a hot rail. Everything I've done is orally or snorted. Never shot up or boofed it, although the liquid acid in the eye almost happened way back when, until I remembered I wear contacts.
Glad to have joined this community finally and thank you for making it so welcoming. (⁠*⁠˘⁠︶⁠˘⁠*⁠)⁠.⁠。⁠*⁠♡

1. I’ve come and gone as an observer for a long time - maybe 18 or 19 years.
2. Made my way back after a ten year involuntary hiatus when I needed a refresher course on thing or two.
3. In ‘03/04 found Bluelight going from solely weed and basic psychedelics into MDMA, coke and various pills. Then you all kept me informed and safe from rookie mistakes as I moved into heroin and meth. Gave up everything but the gear in ‘15 as heroin was prohibitively expensive where I was. Back to the world this past May - and BL today as I found myself again needing information.
4. I’ve done them all and know how double-edged a couple can be. Point free since 2015. You’ll find me smoking and snorting exclusively now.

Glad to be back, glad not much has
changed here. As always, love to all