• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Questions about Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Mods, if this is in the wrong forum then I apologize, so just put it wherever it belongs.

So, my favorite drugs are Kratom and booze, and to a lesser extent I sometimes like Dexadrine when it doesn't make me too anxious (generally only with Kratom, but I think I should probably quit it) and like many addicts I'm the kind of guy who wants to have my cake and eat it too, cause I certainly don't want to quit drugs forever, especially not Kratom, but I know that I need to have a good long period of sobriety at least to figure some shit out and that I can't be as productive in life as I want when I am using as many drugs and drinking as much as I am.

So I'm working with a really cool drug counselor/social worker, and he's really the type of guy who would probably post on this forum: former drug user and isn't trying to shove sobriety down anyone's throat, and he knows a psychopharmacologist who prescribes Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone, and I'm kind of interested in it from some different things I've heard, mainly that it can stop you from drinking or using opioids the next day and help you resist urges if you take it at night, and that POSSIBLY unlike regular higher dose Naltrexone SOME PEOPLE say it can work as an antidepressant and increases production of endorphins and can kind of give you a runner's high.

So I'm kind of interested in trying it cause I have bad self control, and lots of times I want to NOT want to use drugs/drink, but I still do want to, so I do, and I kind of like the idea of something that can either make you not want to use a drug at best, or at the very worst it just stops you if you swallow the pill cause it blocks those mechanisms somehow, BUT...it's not something permanent and if you stop taking it you can still enjoy drugs and booze again.

So, here are my questions:

I am pretty sure with alcohol I have heard that you can just skip a day and then drink the next, but that if you don't you get sick, so I wouldn't try to drink after taking it, but:

1) does anyone know if it's true it would block Kratom from working just like it blocks other opioids from working?

I know Kratom is atypical, but it's still an opioid, so supposedly it would block it.

BUT...

2) Then if I skip a day, can I take Kratom again and will I still get high off of it without it being blocked, just like you can still drink the next day if you don't take it, or would I have to wait more days without taking the Naltrexone before I could take Kratom again?

I know that you can't start taking Naltrexone until you are DEFINITELY no longer physically dependent on an opioid or it will put you into immediate withdrawals, and so I'm gonna work on not being physically dependent on Kratom anymore (usually I can get over all the withdrawals within 3-5 days)....but probably the biggest question of all that I have is:

3) Lets say I'm off Kratom and taking Naltrexone, but then I skip a day or two of Naltrexone to use Kratom, how many days after I use Kratom do I have to wait to use Naltrexone again before it's safe, assuming that I was NOT dependent on the Kratom when I took it, and it was just one day of use?

I mean, using Kratom for only 1 day, even if I dose 3 times will not cause me to get withdrawals, so I'd kind of think that if you aren't in withdrawal from an opioid then you could safely take Naltrexone, but I could be wrong.

4) When I looked this up all I could find was someone on here saying that when taking typical opioids like Heroin and Oxy that you have to wait 7-10 days after using before you can safely use Naltrexone again, but is this also true for Kratom, and do you think even a good psychopharamacologist would know the answer to this question, considering how little most people know about Kratom (I bet she's never heard of it) and how many different alkaloids it has?

5) And if no one knows the answer, does anyone have any guess as to how long you might have to go without Kratom (assuming of course you are NOT in withdrawal or dependent in any way that is noticeable) before you can take Naltrexone again?

6) I have heard people say that Naltrexone can lower one's tolerance to opioids, and I wouldn't mind that at all, as my Kratom tolerance is too high. Does anyone know if this is true, and do you guys think it would make Kratom more or less effective if I used Naltrexone for a while and then used Kratom?

Like, I don't want Naltrexone messing with my receptors in some way that it is like NEVER possible to effectively get a buzz off Kratom again, but I have actually heard the opposite, that when NOT using Naltrexone to block opioids, it usually does lower tolerance to the drug, so is this true?

7) Has anyone here ever used Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone, and if so, did it reduce your urges to use opioids and drink?

And finally: 8 Does anyone know if it's really true that when using LOW DOSE Naltrexone as opposed to high doses, that it can work as an antidepressant and increase endorphins?

I read a whole article which says that it can do that, but that higher dose naltrexone does not.

Sorry for typing so much.

I guess it's weird I want to try it to get sober for a while but still want to know it won't 100% stop me if I stop using it and ever want to use Kratom again.

I guess it would just be a great tool to have in my toolbox if I could use it to reduce my use of drugs and drinking, but then still stop for a while if I want to enjoy myself again, before going back to it.

Thanks

I can only do a little post as I don’t know much about Kratom unless it has a diff name uk but I know somebody who was a straight up alcoholic for years and she takes low dose naltrexone and still drinks , she said you have make sure to take it before drinking but she says it reduces the urge to drink but she now has a couple of social drinks and basically the alcohol doesn’t effect her ?
She knows her stuff as I have had huge alcohol problems and I don’t drink now so that wouldn’t be for me I wouldn’t take it or want it like that .
I’ve had a nalproxen ( narcon) jab when I’d had over 1000 mg of oramorph (3 bottles not intentionally) and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone , full blown withdrawals in seconds had to be held down by partner , teeth chattering , legs bouncing , seriously horrrible , withdrawn completely in around 20 mins , still surprised I’ve got all my teeth , but yes I’ve heard good results low dose that’s all x

I can only do a little post as I don’t know much about Kratom unless it has a diff name uk but I know somebody who was a straight up alcoholic for years and she takes low dose naltrexone and still drinks , she said you have make sure to take it before drinking but she says it reduces the urge to drink but she now has a couple of social drinks and basically the alcohol doesn’t effect her ?
She knows her stuff as I have had huge alcohol problems and I don’t drink now so that wouldn’t be for me I wouldn’t take it or want it like that .
I’ve had a nalproxen ( narcon) jab when I’d had over 1000 mg of oramorph (3 bottles not intentionally) and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone , full blown withdrawals in seconds had to be held down by partner , teeth chattering , legs bouncing , seriously horrrible , withdrawn completely in around 20 mins , still surprised I’ve got all my teeth , but yes I’ve heard good results low dose that’s all x

Thanks for the response. You must have meant she has to make sure NOT to take Naltexone before drinking.

What do you mean that she says "the alcohol doesn't effect her" now?

Why or how would she not still get drunk or enjoy drinking?

That's the kind of thing that would concern me: cause I don't want to have it do something to my receptors so that I can't enjoy Kratom and drinking anymore if I choose to skip it and use them.

However, I have not necessarily heard that that is true.

I have heard that it blocks opioid highs WHEN YOU HAVE TAKEN IT THE NIGHT BEFORE, and that trying to drink after taking it makes you sick, but not that when NOT on it you can't get high or drunk.

I assume your friend must still get SOMETHING out of drinking or else why would she ever do it?

I wish more people around here had answers to this kind of stuff.

Does anyone here know anything more about this?

If so, please respond.

Thanks.

Well, I just found this post on Reddit where a guy actually uses ULDN WITH his Kratom and it seems to intensify the high and lower tolerance while preventing dependence which all sounds incredible.

The only thing that seems odd is that it wouldn't BLOCK the effects of Kratom, and if it doesn't then I don't know if it wouldn't entirely serve the purposes I want, is sometimes Kratom use can be a problem for me, which is PART of the reason I'm interested in it, but then again, if it actually prevents withdrawal and lowers tolerance and negative symptoms then there almost might be no reason not to use it with Kratom instead of to prevent me from using Kratom, though that almost sounds too good to be true.

More interesting info.

Seems it could be good to mix with Kratom, though people are probably confused about why I would want to use it, being on the fence between not wanting to totally quit Kratom and have help with my drinking and reduce my dependence on Kratom are all reasons.

I'm surprised more people don't use it if it works so well:

Thanks for the response. You must have meant she has to make sure NOT to take Naltexone before drinking.

What do you mean that she says "the alcohol doesn't effect her" now?

Why or how would she not still get drunk or enjoy drinking?

That's the kind of thing that would concern me: cause I don't want to have it do something to my receptors so that I can't enjoy Kratom and drinking anymore if I choose to skip it and use them.

However, I have not necessarily heard that that is true.

I have heard that it blocks opioid highs WHEN YOU HAVE TAKEN IT THE NIGHT BEFORE, and that trying to drink after taking it makes you sick, but not that when NOT on it you can't get high or drunk.

I assume your friend must still get SOMETHING out of drinking or else why would she ever do it?

I wish more people around here had answers to this kind of stuff.

Does anyone here know anything more about this?

If so, please respond.

Thanks.
I’ve just checked and it’s also on the web , it says low dose Naltrexone can be used for alcoholism as it stops the receptors working ( so I imagine pleasure ).

Unlike the old antabuse it does not make you sick with alcohol therefore it can be used to reduce alcohol intake
she did say as I said she’s an alcoholic and has to make sure she takes before drinking then she said she can have a couple of glasses of wine without the need for more because it doesn’t affect her .

that’s why I said it wouldn’t be for me because I like the effect of alcohol it just doesn’t like me at all .

I don’t know why this suits her perhaps it’s because she can have a couple and not want more basically like drinking a soft drink
Not sure if can post web info here so please remove if not appropriate

Attachments

• 4882BF71-37A2-480B-A2F8-2C8789D69B5A.jpeg
    4882BF71-37A2-480B-A2F8-2C8789D69B5A.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2759A7B7-B27B-44E7-B23F-E971EBB3D13C.jpeg
    2759A7B7-B27B-44E7-B23F-E971EBB3D13C.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 3
I’ve just checked and it’s also on the web , it says low dose Naltrexone can be used for alcoholism as it stops the receptors working ( so I imagine pleasure ).

Unlike the old antabuse it does not make you sick with alcohol therefore it can be used to reduce alcohol intake
she did say as I said she’s an alcoholic and has to make sure she takes before drinking then she said she can have a couple of glasses of wine without the need for more because it doesn’t affect her .

that’s why I said it wouldn’t be for me because I like the effect of alcohol it just doesn’t like me at all .

I don’t know why this suits her perhaps it’s because she can have a couple and not want more basically like drinking a soft drink
Not sure if can post web info here so please remove if not appropriate

Ok, but are you SURE that your friends used ULTRA LOW dose Naltrexone and not REGULAR dose Naltrexone?

I guess it is probably the case because the accounts I have read of people drinking on REGULAR higher dose Naltrexone has made them very very sick, whereas ULDN is probably less likely to do that.

Although ULDN does NOT block receptors from working from what I have read, and that is what REGULAR dose does, whereas ULDN SUPPOSEDLY raises endorphins WITHOUT blocking receptors so that you just have less cravings for drugs and booze and yes, possibly somewhat less pleasure, although that seems NOT to be the case for people I have read how mixed Kratom with ULDN, but it could be with alcohol.

I think that REGULAR dose Naltrexone DOES have a pretty similar effect to Antabuse if you drink on it, where it makes you really sick, as both people on this forum and elsewhere have confirmed, but I think maybe on ULDN you can get away with drinking in moderation, and I think on either dose you can skip your nightly dose entirely if you want to drink as much as usual, at least that is what I've heard.