Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions about the Nutmeg(MMDA)

RaZzoX

Greenlighter
Aloha,
Im new here, so I dont know if this is the right place for asking you some questions about the funny spice, but whatever.
I've taken nutmeg alot of times but only 2 times a whole nutmeg, I need to say that it is alot different between a bought packet of ground nutmeg and a whole fresh nutmeg... I want to ask between how many days weeks or even months I can take nutmeg and get the same "high" effects? Im getting around a tablespoon of fresh whole nutmeg. My friend and I bought some nice nutmeg and ate like 1 tablespoon but my high wasnt that strong, he was really really high... So maybe I need to get more of it? But what is the limit of the dosage? And Im wondering about nice combinations with nutmeg (without weed or alcohol). Thank you for the help!

The effects come from myristicin and other volatile essential oils, so freshly-ground nuts will be better than anything that's been sitting on store shelves for a while.

I only did nutmeg one time, over 10 years ago, and I seem to remember I had to take at least 5 tablespoons. I can't find a dosing chart on Erowid unfortunately.... Best to do it early in the morning before eating breakfast, because the main effects take something like 10-15 hours to actually kick in. Also, don't know if you know about this, but I'd recommend getting some OO size gelcaps and filling them with the powder, it's much less unpleasant than trying to just swallow it, it'll stick all over your throat and make you gag.

Good luck :D

As far as I know tolerance builds to some parts of the experience, but not others. Interestingly I'd say the mental effects you get used to (confusion etc) but the euphoria remains. Btw I've been the most stoned I've ever been by some 1.5 (or was it 2.5? not sure) ground up whole nutmegs from a mexican food store (the nuts were always fresh there).

A lot of folks suggest however you get nutmeg essential oil, as that is supposed to contain far less of the nasty, liver destroying chemicals. It's been over a decade since I've dabbled with it and I'm not sure if I ever did try the oil, though there is a vague memory of me doing so and finding that the unique euphoria was missing. YMMV.

As for combos, my favorite was HIKING!! Ok that's my favorite with everything, but just being out and about in beautiful nature, moving your body, climbing mountains, stargazing and chilling by the fire were AWESOME. Being outside with sunglasses took a lot of the stress away from being stoned to high hell with blood-red eyes for a full day. And if you then have a companion of the opposite sex, well .. good times were had by all:)

edit : just saw the above post which posted as I was typing, looks like our stories are very very similar. i guess you can even buy whole nuts with the mace still attached online, just looked. sounds like those would be the best.