• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Questions about snorting?

Free-Ross

Greenlighter
-Does doing a small spray of saline spray right after a line flush out or help absorption? Does doing a small spray before help?
-Should you immediately feel the burn of the drug or does it take time sometimes?
-is it bad to press my nostril together after a line?
-how often in a sesh would you flush out your nose?(say your doing it for 5 hours)

Thank anyone for their help and any tips and tricks anyone has is appreciated. I've read some other snorting guides on here, but they just kinda said the obvious.
Ketamine is what I'm using

-Does doing a small spray of saline spray right after a line flush out or help absorption? Does doing a small spray before help?
Yes, and yes. It does not help absorption, though. It will "flush" the remaining drug down the tube (your throat) and the remainder that wasn't absorbed in the nose will effectively turn into an oral dose after reaching the stomach.

Snorting creates micro lesions, inflammation, which both dry out your nose. Saline helps clean and helps the body repair this damage. It does not prevent permanent damage, but helps a lot to minimize it.

Saline before the session minimizes chance of infection. Think of it like this, rubbing sandpaper on your arm would hurt more if your skin was bone dry versus moisturized with lotion, yeah?

-Should you immediately feel the burn of the drug or does it take time sometimes?
Every drug is different, but in general if it burns it should be immediate or within a minute or so. If you feel a delayed burning pain this is more indicative of a dried out nose or damage you've already done to your nose, and a sign you should use saline or stop snorting and switch to a different ROA.

It probably doesn't do any good, especially with something like meth, this will only cause you to bleed more. It is very unlikely to increase absorption a significant enough amount to warrant doing it.

-how often in a sesh would you flush out your nose?(say your doing it for 5 hours)
Optimally you should flush your nose after every line, but that's probably not gonna happen knowing most people.

Bare minimum you should at least flush when you are done with your session, and pre-flushing before starting. This is a reasonable amount of harm reduction and easy to do.

If your nose starts bleeding, feels inflammed or swollen, stop snorting. This is potentially causing permanent damage. If you want a reason not to ignore this advice just google "cocaine nose damage".

I don't believe ketamine is known to be particularly damaging to the nose, but a cutting agent could be.

Last edited:
Personally I do a small spray before I do anything because it helps with keeping from drying out and getting a nostril full of narcos. If I do it afterwards I wait a good 30-45mins to try and absorb as much as possible before flushing.

I’m not 100% sure with Ket but I would say you should feel the immediate burn within 5-10 seconds, then shortly after back of the throat.
It’s not gonna work to aid in absorption but it’s from my understanding not going to be something that will help/hurt the body or amount of absorption.

I would say that it’s completely up to personal preference, the more the better.