• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Questions about Poppy Pods vs Kratom

I didn't expect that pods were so serious.
Well, morphine is derived from raw opium, so pods obviously contain it.
WOW. So are you saying that heroin is actually "better"? Like I'd get worse withdrawal from pods than H. I do obviously have kratom though, so is the withdrawal really that bad even with kratom?
Err, no, I'm saying the withdrawal from poppy pods is worse than from heroin. Which shouldn't be an issue if you don't start making a regular habit out of poppy tea. I guess kratom would lessen withdrawal symptoms but you don't wanna let it get that far.
I read posts saying 6-8 hrs and some people saying 24 hrs. Also read that the seeds tend to last much longer, but the pods are like 8 hrs.
Can be freakishly long - lasting. First time I went to bed after 6 hrs completely loaded, woke up the next morning STILL loaded and went like, fuck how long does this go on for?! Xd
Pods are more potent than seeds, not sure about duration as I've never made tea from only seeds.
So I guess if you find the right dose, then your tolerance doesn't go up?
If you use frequently, then your tolerance will still go up. You can stick to the same dose without needing to increase it if you only take it like 2 - 3 times a month.

I didn't expect that pods were so serious. Pure codeine is too weak though - it doesn't do anything for me. I had a box of 30mg IR years ago. I had to crush 10 to get any effect at all. Kratom is clearly much stronger for me. Tramadol is like amphetamine to me, no good either. I also tried the ODSMT version and it was similar to tramadol, except it did work, but still was mostly an amphetamine effect with not much opioid. My body seems to react to opioids just like they're stimulants. I think that might be a genetic thing.

Hmm. I just managed to find only one vendor that is clearly US based. There are zero reviews on it though and no postings on reddit or forums, so I have no idea if they are legit. The pods look kind of brown and spotty compared to all the other vendors, so I'm not sure if they are any good. Kind of looks moldy or something. The name reminds me of southern fried chicken. I found some others that seem to be US and they even have USA in their name, but it's clear they ship from UK.

WOW. So are you saying that heroin is actually "better"? Like I'd get worse withdrawal from pods than H. I do obviously have kratom though, so is the withdrawal really that bad even with kratom?

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna go through with it. If I can find something more reasonable, I will, but it just seems like there's not many choices. I'd really like to know more detail on how long the pods last. I read posts saying 6-8 hrs and some people saying 24 hrs. Also read that the seeds tend to last much longer, but the pods are like 8 hrs.

So I guess if you find the right dose, then your tolerance doesn't go up? How you make it sounds very similar to how I make my kratom tea. I think I can just do the exact same thing with pod powder instead of kratom (adjusting the grams a little, but it seems really close even gram wise)
Your tolerance will go up it’s just how opiates work,,,I’ll give you my average month of opiate/kratom use,I get 900mg ir oxy a month which I shoot in 6 days then I’ll drink kratom for two days then I’ll cook 4 batches of tea in the next two weeks then drink kratom for the last week of the month ( I go to pain management and clean out a week before my next appointment..
Kratom will totally block all discomfort from the 6 straight days of shooting 150 mg daily ,but with pod tea being stronger/ or dirtier the kratom has a harder time making you feel ok and that’s just dosing 4 times in two weeks..it’s very potent shit,the pod tea will hold me for two days ,you’ll still be slightly buzzed the second day on pods ,the third day I’ll drink kratom after tea..

Today was a kratom and shrooms day at the beach,pod tea and shrooms are great together

Warning, they might fail. Poppies are one of those plants that REALLY don't appreciate being re-located. You should sow them in the place that they're supposed to grow and thin out the seedlings as required.
Not a biggie if it don’t work,it was more to see if I could get something to sprout..
I gotta about half a pound I wanna spread out in a quiet area of a local park,

So I've been using kratom daily for 4 years now (currently 10gpd, down from 20gpd months ago) [gpd = grams per day]
The kratom is becoming shitty. It still works for pain and still feels strong enough, but the side effects are becoming too much. That's why I lowered down to 10gpd, but now it's giving me the same side effects at 10....
I'm curious about the kratom. I've used it daily for over 3 years now at the rate of 30 to 40 grams per day. I've experienced almost no side effects whatsoever. I get dizzy/nauseated if I take too much, but it passes quickly.
Are your sources sketchy?
Are you certain it's the kratom causing bad effects?

Just wondering what's up....

Is the latex from what you grew ? That was quick..

I started a 2 gallon bucket on my fire escape with poppies they should be sprouting anyday now.. I started a quart size container and it took a few weeks for them to sprout ,I gotta put them in a bigger container
Yea I ended up with a bunch of tiny pods and a handful of decent sized pods, I been able to collect a good amount every morning for the past week, really surprised how much latex your able to get off pods smaller than a golf ball, a coupe pods I was able to harvest 4-5 times before it just stopped producing, I think you’ll be better off with a planter box tho, one that’s like 24” x 6”

Your tolerance will go up it’s just how opiates work,,,I’ll give you my average month of opiate/kratom use,I get 900mg ir oxy a month which I shoot in 6 days then I’ll drink kratom for two days then I’ll cook 4 batches of tea in the next two weeks then drink kratom for the last week of the month ( I go to pain management and clean out a week before my next appointment..
Kratom will totally block all discomfort from the 6 straight days of shooting 150 mg daily ,but with pod tea being stronger/ or dirtier the kratom has a harder time making you feel ok and that’s just dosing 4 times in two weeks..it’s very potent shit,the pod tea will hold me for two days ,you’ll still be slightly buzzed the second day on pods ,the third day I’ll drink kratom after tea..

Today was a kratom and shrooms day at the beach,pod tea and shrooms are great together
Crazy, but it sounds like oxy or H is a better choice, NOT saying it's a good choice, but better. Also, I'm not up on the kratom all day long. I just dose twice a day and it lasts 3-4 hours, so if the pods last that long, it's definitely going to up my tolerance just from the length of it.

I'm curious about the kratom. I've used it daily for over 3 years now at the rate of 30 to 40 grams per day. I've experienced almost no side effects whatsoever. I get dizzy/nauseated if I take too much, but it passes quickly.
Are your sources sketchy?
Are you certain it's the kratom causing bad effects?

Just wondering what's up....
No, my sources are great. I just managed to get some of the most premium small batch stuff, so it's super pure. I also use average quality stuff too sometimes. It's always green and lab tested.
So it's definitely my body. It's very annoying - cause it still feels good and works, so I want to use it, but my brain doesn't like it.

I'm getting really frustrated that there doesn't seem to be any reasonable fallback option. I see so many options on wikipedia that would probably be a good fit, but none are available.

In my opinion, these two are fairly similar.

Both "Kratom" and "Poppy" in this context are whole-plant preparations. They each contain what we call an "active" chemical or chemicals. Kratom's effects are mostly a result of the substance Mitragynine. Mitragynine itself has not been studied as extensively as, say, Morphine, but we do know that it essentially is just another Opioid agonist. It produces its effects by acting upon the Opioid receptors in the body and so on. Poppy contains the active constituent Morphine as well as Morphine analogs like Codeine.

You basically just need to find the dose that's right for you and hope that you get the relief that you need. I try to be as real as possible with folks, so I'm gonna say that I think it might be easier to just get pills of some kind as opposed to going to the trouble of getting the poppy, processing it and all of that. With all of that plant matter, you'll never have a truly accurate accounting of your Opioid intake. The only way that Opioids can be used successfully long-term is through careful, accurate dosing. I just don't see a future in using raw poppy for pain-management. Even if it works for a little while, you will run into problems eventually.

2 - 3 days of using poppy tea in a row gives me a worse withdrawal than a year on kratom at 20 grams daily. Poppy tea is so strong, one time I ran out and used grade A street heroin to get rid of withdrawal and it did not completely quell it. Only more poppy tea worked.

If someone has the discipline kratom can be the easiest rope down from addiction. Tapering can make it painless. But the mental gymnastics of tapering can be disrupting regardless. Physically though it is a big help.

weird I've experimented around with different cooking times and not noticed a real difference between like 2 hrs and 6 hrs. I wonder why that might be.
I try to bring it to a simmer twice before letting it sit overnight,it kinda looks like motor oil on the first pull,I’ll repeat the process for a second pull but only wait about 6 hrs instead of overnight then I’ll combine both pulls and then reduce it down to 12-16 ounces ,then enjoy..