• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Questions about Poppy Pods vs Kratom

Synaps3

Bluelighter
So I've been using kratom daily for 4 years now (currently 10gpd, down from 20gpd months ago) [gpd = grams per day]
The kratom is becoming shitty. It still works for pain and still feels strong enough, but the side effects are becoming too much. That's why I lowered down to 10gpd, but now it's giving me the same side effects at 10. Interestingly, it was good for a week or two at 10 before the symptoms came back. The main side effects are pressure in the head and random bouts of dizziness. I don't think it warrants seeing a doctor cause it's not bad enough to effect my daily function and it's CLEAR that it's the kratom. I use the kratom for IBS-D, pain and depression. Doctors couldn't find a med that would work for me, so I take it into my own hands.

So thing is, I'm not in a place where I can quit. I need SOMETHING else. I may get back on the kratom later cause I think I just need a break due to buildup of alkaloids. I figured poppy pods. I'm not completely opioid naive as there were a few weeks a couple years ago where I used pills and 2map instead of kratom. After getting back on the kratom, it felt cleaner again with less side effects for about a year (although it was weak for a couple weeks).

I'm asking for harm reduction purposes cause I know I will get something. I think pods are my best bet cause everything else is either too expensive or heroin/fent, so....

My questions:
What is the least bad other opioid to replace kratom? (and not super expensive)
Is it safe to order pods from UK to US? Cause I only see sites from the UK for some reason. Is it now outright illegal in the US or something? I thought it was legal as long as not used for consumption?
Does long boiling the ground pods for tea make it extract better or destroy alkaloids?
How long does pod tea last?

Peace :)

Pod tea is ( can be) very potent. I don't know if it would be the "least bad other opioid" you are looking for to replace kratom. Highly doubt it. Potency varies wildly from batch to batch, and like with opium you can only guess how many morphine mgs you are taking.

Also, it is extremely long lasting, like extremely. Maybe you can find it hard to believe, but 30 hours intoxications are not an unheard thing. And mate, poppy pod wds are truly HORRIBLE. Forever lasting, only methadone wds can compare to it.

As far as I know it is not advised to keep pods boiling for over a few seconds. You put the desired amount of ground pods into water and heat it to the boiling point, then you take it out of the heat ( sorry about my English) and leave it in the water for like 20 minutes or so.
Or you can use one of those expresso makers, I think they call it, don,t know. Google image the italian words " caffetiera italiana" to see the thing.

Wow. Going from kratom to pods is a real jump. I mean you would be going from the least harmful to the most harmful.

Kinda like kratom to codeine to morphine to heroin to pods to fent. Kratom being the least ......fent being the most.

And yeah....if you and the pod tea hook up you are going to be in a world of hurt. Trying to source them from trying to control your use. And God help you if you ever get a habit and try to quit. You will wish that you had stayed with kratom...........or at least something like codeine or tramadol.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Think long and hard about the pod tea. Most people that go with pods are hard core opioid addicts that have either lost their scripts and have no recourse or people that are getting something like oxy for pain but it isn't helping and they need something stronger but their Dr. won't do it.

Pods are no joke man. There are many threads on Bluelight where people are begging for help in how to get off of them. Do your due diligence and you won't be back here in 6 months in the misery that others have found themselves in.

Pod tea is ( can be) very potent. I don't know if it would be the "least bad other opioid" you are looking for to replace kratom. Highly doubt it. Potency varies wildly from batch to batch, and like with opium you can only guess how many morphine mgs you are taking.

Also, it is extremely long lasting, like extremely. Maybe you can find it hard to believe, but 30 hours intoxications are not an unheard thing. And mate, poppy pod wds are truly HORRIBLE. Forever lasting, only methadone wds can compare to it.

As far as I know it is not advised to keep pods boiling for over a few seconds. You put the desired amount of ground pods into water and heat it to the boiling point, then you take it out of the heat ( sorry about my English) and leave it in the water for like 20 minutes or so.
Or you can use one of those expresso makers, I think they call it, don,t know. Google image the italian words " caffetiera italiana" to see the thing.
I simmer for almost 24hr…lot of bullshit on the internet ;)

Also poppy pods are rather notorious for side effects, if that's what you're trying to avoid, and unpredictable. Headache and stomach pain are commonly reported and can be rather extreme.

Also poppy pods are rather notorious for side effects, if that's what you're trying to avoid, and unpredictable. Headache and stomach pain are commonly reported and can be rather extreme.
I think defatting is a big part in getting rid of some on the side effects, I know it’s not just fats your removing but I don’t like to take pod extract that hasn’t been defatted

As an opium & heroin user, I can only say ease yourself into it with care. The potency of pods varies wildly from where you feel basically nothing to where you overdose. And yes it's entirely possible to OD on the stuff, I've done so twice both times requiring medical attention. I don't know why so many people think pods are some kind of safe 'tame' alternative to other opiates, after all it's still sodding opium. Also whatever you do don't get a habit, as others in this thread have pointed out. Opium WDs are horrendous ; if you've heard all the horror tales about how bad withdrawing from heroin is, take that and triple it.

As for preparation, I boil them fast for about 2 mins, then let steep on a low simmer for about half an hour, then strain.
Although there's no one method, people prepare these with all kinds of different timings and from what I can see it doesn't seem to make a huge difference as to the effects. Personally I'd say anything longer than an hour is pointless, you'll have extracted the all the compounds you want by then. Also it does taste very bitter so add something to sweeten it. Will still taste awful but a bit more palatable.

As an opium & heroin user, I can only say ease yourself into it with care. The potency of pods varies wildly from where you feel basically nothing to where you overdose. And yes it's entirely possible to OD on the stuff, I've done so twice both times requiring medical attention. I don't know why so many people think pods are some kind of safe 'tame' alternative to other opiates, after all it's still sodding opium. Also whatever you do don't get a habit, as others in this thread have pointed out. Opium WDs are horrendous ; if you've heard all the horror tales about how bad withdrawing from heroin is, take that and triple it.

As for preparation, I boil them fast for about 2 mins, then let steep on a low simmer for about half an hour, then strain.
Although there's no one method, people prepare these with all kinds of different timings and from what I can see it doesn't seem to make a huge difference as to the effects. Personally I'd say anything longer than an hour is pointless, you'll have extracted the all the compounds you want by then. Also it does taste very bitter so add something to sweeten it. Will still taste awful but a bit more palatable.
No way you’ll have extracted everything in a couple hours, not possible, i still pull stuff on my 4th boil post 24hrs…but I’m not one for waste and I do a whole lb at a time, and I can hardly taste my extract in coffee or OJ, it’s all about the extraction

with No way you’ll have extracted everything in a couple hours, not possible, i still pull stuff on my 4th boil post 24hrs…but I’m not one for waste and I do a whole lb at a time, and I can hardly taste my extract in coffee or OJ, it’s all about the extraction
weird I've experimented around with different cooking times and not noticed a real difference between like 2 hrs and 6 hrs. I wonder why that might be.

weird I've experimented around with different cooking times and not noticed a real difference between like 2 hrs and 6 hrs. I wonder why that might be.
If I had to guess the amount of water to plant matter…I do a whole lb at once to get an extract that is always the same potency, and doing all that plant matter even in a 5 gallon pot I have to boil and extract atleast 3 times over a 24hr period to get everything, I suppose if you put a couple pods in a bunch of water it might be able to pull everything ? I dunno

If I had to guess the amount of water to plant matter…I do a whole lb at once to get an extract that is always the same potency, and doing all that plant matter even in a 5 gallon pot I have to boil and extract atleast 3 times over a 24hr period to get everything, I suppose if you put a couple pods in a bunch of water it might be able to pull everything ? I dunno
That might be it ; I usually only do 1 litre at a time (when I do it at all) and beyond a max of 2 hrs extraction I never got noticeably more bang out of it. The only thing that increased was the bitterness of the taste.

There are US vendors that sell very potent pods, look around, the site you want is a double entendre , you’ll know it when you see it, good luck bud, careful tho once you get hooked on the pods, not much other then heroin will scratch that itch
True ,a simple Google search will get you all you need…

I’ve been using pods for a few months and I think people get in trouble by cooking to much and not knowing how strong it is or how their going to react to it ,I think a perfect single dose amount is about 4 ounces,I’ve been cooking that amount for myself since day one and I still use that amount,I reduce it down to about 12-16 ounces of tea from about 2-3 liters of water I start out with ,I’ll drink about 1/3 of it to gauge potency and redose after waiting about an hour,.. I drink on an empty stomach at about 6:00 am and I high as fuck all day nodding in front of the tv,lol,, the first time I ever tried it I was still high as fuck the second day too,.

I shipped 4 ounces to an ex in Italy and she tried 1/4 of the finished product of the tea she brewed and she told me it put her right out,no nodding what so ever but she’s on 20mg of methadone a day which I’m sure was a big factor in that.. But I also think she’s on much more than 20 mg by the sound of her,lol

Pod tea will fuck you up, I been smoking latex the past week or so too, I really like opium latex, I really like soaking a cigaret in the latex and letting it dry too great way to bump a buzz

Pod tea will fuck you up, I been smoking latex the past week or so too, I really like opium latex, I really like soaking a cigaret in the latex and letting it dry too great way to bump a buzz
Is the latex from what you grew ? That was quick..

I started a 2 gallon bucket on my fire escape with poppies they should be sprouting anyday now.. I started a quart size container and it took a few weeks for them to sprout ,I gotta put them in a bigger container

Wow. Going from kratom to pods is a real jump. I mean you would be going from the least harmful to the most harmful.
Kinda like kratom to codeine to morphine to heroin to pods to fent. Kratom being the least ......fent being the most.
And yeah....if you and the pod tea hook up you are going to be in a world of hurt. Trying to source them from trying to control your use. And God help you if you ever get a habit and try to quit. You will wish that you had stayed with kratom...........or at least something like codeine or tramadol.
I didn't expect that pods were so serious. Pure codeine is too weak though - it doesn't do anything for me. I had a box of 30mg IR years ago. I had to crush 10 to get any effect at all. Kratom is clearly much stronger for me. Tramadol is like amphetamine to me, no good either. I also tried the ODSMT version and it was similar to tramadol, except it did work, but still was mostly an amphetamine effect with not much opioid. My body seems to react to opioids just like they're stimulants. I think that might be a genetic thing.

There are US vendors that sell very potent pods, look around, the site you want is a double entendre , you’ll know it when you see it, good luck bud, careful tho once you get hooked on the pods, not much other then heroin will scratch that itch
Hmm. I just managed to find only one vendor that is clearly US based. There are zero reviews on it though and no postings on reddit or forums, so I have no idea if they are legit. The pods look kind of brown and spotty compared to all the other vendors, so I'm not sure if they are any good. Kind of looks moldy or something. The name reminds me of southern fried chicken. I found some others that seem to be US and they even have USA in their name, but it's clear they ship from UK.

if you've heard all the horror tales about how bad withdrawing from heroin is, take that and triple it.
WOW. So are you saying that heroin is actually "better"? Like I'd get worse withdrawal from pods than H. I do obviously have kratom though, so is the withdrawal really that bad even with kratom?

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna go through with it. If I can find something more reasonable, I will, but it just seems like there's not many choices. I'd really like to know more detail on how long the pods last. I read posts saying 6-8 hrs and some people saying 24 hrs. Also read that the seeds tend to last much longer, but the pods are like 8 hrs.

I’ve been using pods for a few months ... I’ve been cooking that amount for myself since day one and I still use that amount,I reduce it down to about 12-16 ounces of tea from about 2-3 liters of water I start out with ,I’ll drink about 1/3 of it to gauge potency and redose after waiting about an hour,.. I drink on an empty stomach at about 6:00 am and I high as fuck all day nodding in front of the tv,lol,, the first time I ever tried it I was still high as fuck the second day too,.
So I guess if you find the right dose, then your tolerance doesn't go up? How you make it sounds very similar to how I make my kratom tea. I think I can just do the exact same thing with pod powder instead of kratom (adjusting the grams a little, but it seems really close even gram wise)

Of all the opiates I ever tried (never IVed and never will), poppy tea is my favorite and the one that got me the most addicted. it's STRONG, and lasts forever. I mean it's oral opium, really, no different, you're cooking the opium out of the pods. So yeah, it's about a serious as it gets with opioids. I would look for something less serious, perhaps O-desmethyltramadol, which feels mostly like a traditional opioid, unlike tramadol itself, it's a moderately strong full agonist which you would get high from, and get pain relief from, but likely wouldn't have too much trouble going back to kratom.

I also get shitty side effects from kratom, and I did a run with pod tea a while back. Jacked my tolerance up so high after 3 weeks or so of it that kratom didn't even touch the withdrawals, I ended up going to suboxone and taking 16mg the first day just to not feel horrible (I still didn't feel good). My pod tea relapse fucked me over big time and I'm still trying to come off the suboxone.

I would recommend very much against it for your purposes.