• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Questions about Oxycodone (Percocet)

Tobalex

Greenlighter
So SWIM has a few questions and concerns about the use of oxycodone. SWIM recently found a bottle of Percocet 5/325, and took 15mg last night and absolutely loved the high. What he was wondering is; if he did another 15mg tonight would there be any consequences?
1. How many times would he have to do it for him to get addicted? What about withdrawal?
2. What if he took 20mg tonight?
3. Should he take them on an empty stomach?
Yesterday was the first time he's ever done opiates, he's 5'7", 140lbs.

Sorry about the newbie questions, he thanks you in advance. :D

First thing I'm gonna say is go ahead and STOP taking them while it's this new to you. You're questions reminded me of years ago when i would post questions like this on here. And now I'm sticking a needle full of heroin into my arm multiple times a day. But you will still feel 15mg maybe only slightly less. Mental addiction happens hella quick. Physical addiction after a couple of weeks

Stop. While 15mg of oxycodone does the trick, your going to be in real pain one day (hypothetically) and what you felt last night is going to be the joyful sense of release you'll feel again, when you've slipped a spinal disc.. Save it for then. Take it from some one who IV's fentanyl,,, too often.

Welcome to bluelight.

We don't use terms like SWIM, "my pet dog", etc. here.

1.There is no magic number. I know people who were addicted the first or second time they used opiates. With other people it took many times before they were addicted. Be careful.

2.You would get high but you would be taking a large dose of APAP yet again. Learn how to do a Cold water extraction; but you enjoy opiates a lot so you do run the risk of easily becoming addicted to them if you use them frequently or try to set up a pattern of use for them.

3.I've heard that eating kills the effects from opiates. YMMV. If you have an empty stomach when you take them you may get hungry and eat later.

Mad Dash-There are other drug forums where people use terms like SWIM, etc. since they think it will give them legal protection.

Last edited:
I just have a random question. How is it that people that have never posted here before use the SWIM acronym? Maybe they came from another board and they used it there? But why wouldn't that board be able to answer such a simple question? I never understood that. Such an odd thing... OP where did you learn to use SWIM?

1. Physical addiction normally takes place after using many back to back days. (When you first start, that is. When you have a previous habit you can pick up another in 3 days)
Mental obsession can set in immediately.

2. If 15 mg worked, stick to 15 until it doesn't. Or you will quickly raise your tolerance. Not a good thing to do

3. Empty stomach is better for most opiates with the exception being Opana (oxymorphone). Oxycodone (Percocet) will be better on an empty stomach

Someone above mentioned a CWE. That isn't necessary for a dose of 3-4 pills. You can safely take up to 3000 mg of APAP daily. You only took 975 mg (3* 325mg). That is not worth doing a CWE; you'll only waste the pills.

And, as others said, best to not get a liking for the opioid high. It's a tough monkey on your back once you've sampled it. But, we all learn for ourselves