View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

questions about NBOMe

the rounder

Greenlighter
I just had some questions about it... been a long time, about a year and a half, with the same problems/symptoms since I did it. Just wondering if there was anyone out there that has done this drug and had this problem. I believe what I did was 25i. Nobody around where I live has any clue.
The main problem I am having is that the sides of my head, like right where my temples are, is a very very uncomfortable feeling. I am not really sure how to describe it. I have had this feeling EVERY single day at all times for the past year and a half. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions for help for this? I really don't want to live the rest of my life with this crap. Idk if I can.

I've done 25-b multiple times, but never have I experienced this (maybe 25i and 25b are just different in that respect?)
The most that I've experience are that the coming up part of the trip makes me feel a little on the drunk-side headspace wise, but not sure. It has changed me as a person, however.

Something that I've read from a few places, is that NBOMEs can be sketchy (of course any drug has) but the dosage and all that stuff can be iffy (for instance, I've read something about someone having to go to the hospital on 1mg blotter whereas I've only had bad trips and some hyperventilation.)

Maybe 25-i does some weird stuff to mucous membranes and nasal/sinus passages, I've read on other forums about people experiencing weird stuff happening to their eyes and such.

Hey welcome to PD / BL :)

Sorry to hear you are having problems, how often did you take 25I-NBOMe? What kind of doses, any idea? It sounds like you had blotters around that time but are doubting that they were LSD as advertised, is that it?

It would help a lot if you could try to describe that sensation you mentioned.. is it like a headache, pressure, restlessness, electric feelings, is there a mental correlate? Just give it a shot, no wrong answers :)

Will be hard to go on something that remains unclear for us..

Could be anything really. Never heard of anyone else having that effect. For all you know you could have a brain tumor or something. If it really is due to NBOMe then that's just one more reason why nobody should take it and why I should be thankful that I threw mine out after just a few trips.

well I have had a CT scan and a MRI done, and the only thing they found was that I had a sinus infection... but that was around when I had the flu, so It could have been from that when I had the scan. Not sure.

I only took it a few times. It was advertised as LSD and it clearly wasn't.

It feels kind of like a headache, but doesn't HURT so much as it is just VERY uncomfortable. It is really hard for me to describe how it feels. Maybe pressure is the right word? Not sure myself..

I started having panic attacks often, AFTER taking the drug. I have maybe had 1 or 2 panic attacks in my life, then all of a sudden started having them like, daily.
I did feel like I was going to die when I took it. Just had looping bad thoughts and stuff, couldn't control anything. Had an out of body experience. I found that when the trip was at it's worst, I had to constantly be really hot, or really cold, no inbetween, and switch between the two often.

When I wake up is when things are really hard for me. I am always really light headed and dizzy, and my sight is a little off. What I mean by my sight is that things are KIND of blurry? Or I see colors but they're like super transparent, so just barely.

I have had to take benzos every day just to keep sane. It's the only thing I have found to numb the strange feeling in my head, and it keeps me from having panic attacks. The worst of the trip lasted like 5-7 days, and after that it got a little better. It hasn't gotten much better at all in a year and a half now it's been. I thought maybe it was, but if I don't take a clonazepam for a day, the feeling just really gets stronger and it's terrible.

I used to smoke week every day and dabble in other drugs, but never got too bad on anything. I have been sober ever since this has all happened. I used to smoke quite a bit of weed, now if I take one hit, I just have a terrible trip or my head gets all messed up and I have a panic attack.

Well, there is some more info. I appreciate the replies. I am doing anything I can to try to figure this out...

This is horribly over the top but re: sinus infection you may want to ask them to do a spinal tap....its not fun but they can find a lot out from your spinal fluid

Thanks for the details, this can help get started on analyzing it a bit and consider your options...

Taking benzo's every day is a big issue - do you get them prescribed? - I have had traumatic shit happen after which I started taking benzo's daily and after a 1-2 year habit of taking them purely as self-medication it was terrible to quit them, I did that in a clinic and the tapering took many weeks. Go to a doctor / psychiatrist and go on a tapering schedule if you can discuss switching to something else for the panic attacks, or at least to somehow make sure that you don't keep building tolerance which you just cannot do endlessly otherwise it would be less of a problem!

Sinuses could very well be involved here, when you have infected sinuses pressure builds up from the swelling and mucus. It is possible that this happens chronically to you now, but it is mostly likely when you are noticing other related symptoms.
NBOMe and other phenethylamines can influence the immune system apparently but I never heard about an acute and lasting change like this would have to be.

Hypnopompic phenomena are when you go from sleeping / dreaming to waking and they can involve a lot of strange stuff like hallucinations. It is possible you got these or they became stronger after the tripping but it shouldn't be of as much concern as something like the daily panic / anxiety.
Body temperature fluctuations are known to happen with 25I, and feeling as if you are dying and out of body experiences are also relatively typical for these substances although I know it can be extremely intense from many personal experiences.

It seems more likely that the 25I triggered or aggravated an underlying anxiety problem or at least sensitivity. The substance is relatively potent and it seems like it can help to develop things like tolerance, HPPD and neurosis much faster than other psychedelics. It is relatively hard for a single trip to cause lasting physical changes, but mental states can apparently be imprinted if you are unlucky. For example I accidentally had phobia of mosquitos imprint on me when I had a semi traumatic experience involving hordes of mosquitos on LSD in the woods. That seriously took a while to dissipate.

I am really wondering whether EMDR would work for you...

But to start, what are your options regarding professional assistance and therapy?

I am prescribed clonazepam. I usually just take .5 mg when I wake up and RARELY take another .5 mg later in the day. I have thought about trying to taper off, but I would have to talk to my doctor about it. I have always not like the idea of having to take a medication... but like I said, it is the only thing I found that helps, so kind of hard not to take it.

I think it is possible it triggered an underlying anxiety problem/sensitivity. I did go to a doctor for EMDR once, but never did a follow up. The doctor said it is very likely I have PTSD after what I told him.

I saw a neurologist who did an MRI at the end of last year and found that I had a sinus infection. After the visit he gave me this medication for some sort of "headache"... I only took it once because I had a bad reaction when I took it. I am very sensitive to anything that effects my mentality.

The doctor that prescribes me clonazepam gave me a few more suggestions, like maybe getting a botox injection in my neck, or to try acupuncture. I may try the acupuncture. I hate calling and trying to get into neurologists around here because it takes like 3 months just to get in. I could maybe try the EMDR for a while. I did only go the one time, but I just didn't think it would help. That's just what I think though. It might. I don't know. I have seen multiple doctors and I haven't found one that even knows what 25i is.