View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions about mushrooms

clearxvision

Greenlighter
Hello, this is my first post to the website, but I have been an active reader for quite some time. I am going to start off by apologizing for the long post but I am having some issues with the mushroom experience. Any and all replies are appreciated and I will post a summary at the end of my post for those who do not want to read the entire post.

Intro: I began using mushrooms at the beginning of May, mainly for the purpose of self growth and introspection. Through this time I have had some great trips but also some difficult ones. Besides the Mushrooms my drug experience has been limited to; frequent but overall moderate use of cannabis for about 3 years, use of adderall in dosages of between 5-30 mg with an average of around 15 mg and lastly a period of DXM use about 3 years ago that lasted around 4 months with dosages between 250-600mg. Although not a true psychedelic the DXM was a great tool for me but I soon found that the side effects were not worth it. Now to the mushrooms, since the beginning of May I have tripped around 7 times in dosages between 1g-3g. I am sensitive too the mushrooms with 1.75 being enough for a +++ trip and 2.5 being enough for a ++++. I realize i have tripped a tad too much for the given time period but recently I have not been able to get any benefit from the experience.
May:
Trip 1, 1.2g: Overall great trip nothing too intense but with some cannabis it provided some great introspection. This trip left me with a feeling that there was more to be learned.
Trip 2, 1.7g: This trip felt neither good nor bad although I took a nature walk for a majority of the trip with a friend. This trip left me not only with a feeling of more to be learned but also with a much greater appreciation for nature than I ever thought I would possibly have.
Trip 3, 2.5-2.7g: This was my first "breakthrough" experience truly profound connection to the universe with lots of joy. This trip was life changing for me. This is where I probably should have toned down my mushroom usage.
June:
Trip 1, 1.7g: This trip was probably my most irresponsible usage of the mushroom as I tripped while being on a time constraint. Ended up having a hypoglycemic reaction which I have had before on all other drugs I have tried and even sober. The hypoglycemic reaction was fixed by eating a couple of bananas, but the hypoglycemia along with the time constraint caused too much anxiety to get anything useful from the trip
Trip 2, 2.7g: Dosed a little higher again to try and breakthrough experience but did not happen. Still had a nice trip but was not able to obtain any profound feelings.
July:
Trip 1. 3g: This trip was much different than all my trips before, on this trip I did not have the come-up anxiety that I normally have an the trip started off very pleasant. About 1.5 hours in I experienced another episode of hypoglycemia but was unaware due to the trip until it was very uncomfortable. My hypoglycemic reactions tend to manifest in high heart rate, muscle shakiness, anxiety, and feeling faint. This episode took a little longer to fix than the last and made the trip quite unenjoyable.
August:
After about a month break from the mushrooms and abstaining from cannabis for about 3 weeks (not related to the bad trip) i recently acquired the mushrooms again. I decided to dose a little lighter this time just to ease myself back into the experience. I decided to take about .5-.75g. During the come-up i decided to take a bike ride which was relaxing, upon returning to my apartment I was washed over with feelings of severe anxiety and was just generally very uncomfortable with how the mushrooms felt. This uncomfortable feeling subsided as the peak of the experience wore off around 3 hours later. Since this experience I have felt a little shaken emotionally even though it has been about a week.

Conclusions and questions: Needless to say I am taking a nice long break from the mushrooms after my period of overuse. Maybe a year, maybe 2 years, i'm not too sure yet it could be longer than that. I am going to take the time to integrate my prior experiences into my sober life on a deeper level. My main question is as followed: Is it possible that I have gotten all out of the mushrooms that I am able to at this point in my life and that my negative experiences are arising from the fact that there is nothing more to be learned from them at this moment? Has anyone felt this way toward the mushroom or any other psychedelic experience? Overall I am just confused on why the experiences turned from life changing to just trips and am wondering if in time the experience will regain the mysticism it once had. I am also wondering if it would be a good idea to hold of on trying other psychedelics such as LSD during this time.

TLDR; Since May I have tripped about 7-8 times in doses ranging 1-3g which for me is clearly over use. The first couple of trips were life-changing mystical experiences while the last few were not so great. From this point onward I am taking a long term break from the mushrooms. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a time when the experience becomes stagnant and as if there is nothing else to learn from it.

Yes. The experience of psychedelics can definitely lose its luster if abused. I like to limit trips to 1-3 times a year. You were definitely tripping too much. Learn from your experience so it doesn't happen again.

Also, try not to rely on psychedelics to be your only means of spiritual growth. They are great tools if used properly, but ultimately the only significant change that will result from a trip is one you can integrate while sober. Good luck, broski .

I feel the same way..i used mushrooms about 7 times about an 8th each time..after u have those spiritual experiences u need to integrate what u "learned" into your daily life and continue your journey without psychedelics..if u keep using them imo the negative side effects will start to outweigh the positive

What species of mushroom are you using? Your doses would be good for a high-potency variant, such as Azurescens, Cyanesence or Subergaeosa.

Thanks for the replies guys I really appreciate it. As I said I my time with psychedelics is over for a long while. I know meditation and breathing are beneficial to spiritual growth but Is there any thing else you would recommend? Really trying to get my life together spiritually i feel this is important even though I'm not really devoted to any specific religion. As for the strain I'm pretty sure they were just cubes every time but I'm pretty sensitive to the effects.

I wouldrecommend reading the tibetan book of the dead man, ifyou haven't. Or, 'the serpent power' or whatever interests you. Reading is a great way to expand the mind but some have a grudge against it : )nit doesnt have to be spiritual to help you grow, hell even the new york times trips me out.

I overused mushrooms, started getting bad nausea after around 30 uses for some reason. After a few years I discovered 4-aco-dmt and 4-ho-met though, which has enabled me to effectively circumnavigate this issue. It's just awesome to have the tryptamine experience back in my life, it's always centering and I use for the aftereffects as much ad the effects.

I'd also recommend yin yoga, practised alone in silence (after you learn how to do it), ideally in nature. It's holding chill yoga poses for like 5 to 10 minutes at a time. Nothing at all like 'flow' yogas.

Also, a creative outlet is key imo

Just make sure psychedelics are not the focus of the slow revealing of your true nature of being, i think they should be secondary, although that depends on the definition of focus. Because they can definitely be, like, singularities, which are kind of like foci.

Peace!

I wouldrecommend reading the tibetan book of the dead .....

Not sure about this myself .... I once tackled this book , but it is heavy - duty on spiritual / intellectual content , and too much for my tiny brain to absorb . I was unable to much much sense at all from it .

Yes, in time it'll be as good as it was before, just need a long break. There isn't much point in using them too often or the trips just get dull, but after a few months break they're as good as they ever were. I usually trip a few times in 2 or 3 months & then leave them till the next year, although that is kind of enforced by mushroom season, I just pick wild mushrooms & they only grow for 2 or 3 months a year.