Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Questions about methadone

Just a valium

Greenlighter
Ive heard u can get take away after 3 months.
also. what happens if u test negative?

I remember reading u get a warning. & than u have to dose every day at the clinic if u get caught again which would be impossible for me.

is there standard guidelines in NSW someone could give me a link too or is it different whichever clinic u go too. I don't think under any circumstances they can just throw ya off the program that would be bad for ya health & shouldn't be aloud.

Every doctor, clinic and prescribing facility have different rules and they all vary from state to state. Have a look for a harm reduction website in your state, there's HRVic, NUAA, SAvive, WAsUA Quihn etc. They should have some more info for you.

I went to the dr & asked if I could raise the dose. The dr said I needed a reason or which I just said I would feel better. I was scared to say the real reason. That id been doin oxy & temazepam. anyway I wanna get off drugs I just wanna know the consequences of firstly admitting to taking drugs & secondly if u test positive
http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/polici...GL2006_019.pdf
I couldn't find it in there but it was an interesting read. any experiences?

I suppose I could say im in the verge of using can I increase the dose maybe.

I have no idea the consequences of testing positive, but I would imagine that policies regarding that could differ between clinics, as opi8 has mentioned. I imagine that all this information would be available at your clinic. Perhaps you could ask for a complete list of guidelines/rules for your program, if you don't want to draw attention to testing positive specifically. They would surely have to make this information available to clients - you have a right to know the rules and regulations surrounding your health care.

It's been said before but it really isn't wise to use oxy and temazepam while you're on methadone. I'm sure you know, but aside from anything else, the combination carries a much higher risk of adverse reactions or death than methadone alone. I understand though that it's not simple to switch straight to maintenance and never use again - I understand that well myself. I have admitted some use to my suboxone doctor. I think it depends on your relationship with the doctor, and the specific clinic rules. Again, I think the most important thing for you will be finding out what those rules are for your clinic.

At my clinic you have to give three clean urines before any TA's and this could happen over anywhere between 1-6 months. I keep giving dirties (methamphetamine & benzos :( ) so I dont get any. Another rule which has come into play in the 5 or so years ive been on meth/bupe (on methadone atm, bupe doesnt keep me off the H and I hate the side effects over 8mg but yeah at clinics you can only get 2 TA's at pharmacies you can get 4-5. Thats just where im from though (a secret paradise in nsw) Yeah the rules are different everywhere. Even from postcode to postcode. I dose outside my postcode/area coz of tafe and the rules are different at each clinic.