• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Questions about Meth Purification

Bmore91

Greenlighter
I recently moved from Washington to Southern CA. The meth I’ve been getting here seems to vary widely in potency, effects(negative and positive), and duration. From what info I have gathered it’s likely heavily cut MSM or N-ISO. So basically for the sake of harm reduction I would like to purify my product as much as possible. Seemingly the best method I’ve found for removing MSM is via boiling dry acetone and 99% IPA. The method consists of boiling your product in dry acetone for a minute or so then slowly adding by the drop 99% IPA while maintaining heat. After the last of the product has dissolved into the IPA, let boil another 2 minutes, then add a small amount more of dry acetone and remove from heat. Let cool slowly until crystals have fully formed. I’m a little shaky on the finer details. About how much dry acetone should I be using per G to start? Could I use dry methanol in place of 99% isp? After the 2 minute boil, when you add the final acetone, how do I know how much to add, and do I continue boiling at all or remove from heat immediately? Should I seal the container while letting it cool? Will it need a final acetone wash when it’s done? I am open to suggestions if anyone knows a better method. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciate.

-BUMP- Any insight? I have around 20 grams of a less enjoyable batch I would like to try and purify. I’d like to loose as little as possible due to human error as well as be sure that the method I’m using is a safe one.

Thank you for the response. That’s too bad, I felt like harm reductionwas always the Center point on BL. I can’t argue with the fact that psychedelics are amazing and certainly have more potential as a positive influence. I would even argue that point. LSD has been incredibly beneficial for me. It’s just that I thought that was besides the point here. Oh well the times they are a changing. I will go and check out r/meth. Thank you for the advice.

-BUMP- Any insight? I have around 20 grams of a less enjoyable batch I would like to try and purify. I’d like to loose as little as possible due to human error as well as be sure that the method I’m using is a safe one.
#1 you have to be absolutely sure what you have is meth and not some RC amphetamine. It will answer questions about the purification and perceived effects.

#2 use the sci hub resource in the neuro science and pharmacology sub forum to look up exact procedures for recrystallization of methamphetamine which is what you are doing

#3. Experiment on smaller batches at first (one gram) to get your procedure down.

You’re not checking your pH either which could be a problem if your solvent is contaminated or basic. You want to keep pH 1 unit lower than the pKa of methamphetamine

The point of recrystallization using the solvents you’re using for example is to use the least amount of the polar solvent (methanol, isopropanol) possible to get the solids to fully dissolve while under heat without using a huge amount of solvent. There is trial and error involved even with a procedure spoon fed to you but record your trials and you’ll learn.

If you can find a solvent that is even more nonpolar than acetone that is miscible with the co solvent (your alcohol for example), I would use that more non polar solvent vs acetone..

It’s sound like you’re doing it right though. Leave in the freezer overnight after seed crystals form to ensure greater yield

Please don’t go to Reddit to ask them about drugs they are brain damaged there.

Last edited: