• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Questions about meth from an inexperienced user...

Losercup

Greenlighter
Hi guys. First time I've ever posted, I have learned a lot from this forum though. I just have a few questions and would be very grateful if anyone can answer them for me.
I've only done meth twice now. The first time was just to try it a couple of months ago with an experienced friend, and I loved it, which scared me (and I think helped me respect how powerful this is, and not to think lightly of it).
The second time was a few nights ago for my 21st. It's definitely an amazing feeling, but one I'll definitely save for special occasions- I've already learnt that lesson from a pill addiction.
So, my first question is, on Sunday night I swallowed half a point every few hours or so, did about 2 points in total over the course of the night / morning, then one last little bit at around 1pm on Monday as a pick-me-up (I know, it's bad, but it was my 21st) so we could to the beach. I didn't smoke any on Sunday or Monday, only swallowed it. Later that night, when I was at home, I started feeling a little weird, feeling anxious etc, nothing I couldn't handle or didn't expect on 40+ hours of no sleep and little food, and I just wanted to sleep but obviously couldn't. I was wondering if it is safe to take a zolpidem 10mg tablet at that time? It had been 7-8 hours since I last had any, but I was still worried, so instead I managed to find a 5mg Valium (low dose from what I was reading, but better safe than sorry) which helped me sleep, but I was extremely restless and kept waking up every 30 minutes to an hour.
I also feel like I'm still coming down now, nothing crazy, sometimes I feel a little down, not depressed, just sad sometimes and easily upset. My heart is beating pretty fast still, and I feel scattered and edgy, and exhausted. It's all kind of coming in little waves, one hour I'll be anxious with a super fast heart beat, next hour exhausted, repeat. I've had multivitamins and juice / water etc to make sure I'm as healthy as I can be, but is it possible that I'm still coming down now, approx 30+ hours after I last had any?

One last question, I'm sorry if this has been answered but I can't find a suitable answer anywhere. When I did meth for the first time, I thought it was crack until after I'd had it, I didn't realise that meth was so widely popular and available, and from what I've gathered, people where I'm from refer to it as crack or rock, rather than meth. Am I correct in assuming so? Or am I missing something?

One last little thing: am I the only one who thinks a pill comedown is 100 times worse than a meth comedown? Sure this lasts longer, but unless I have lots of weed and someone to cuddle, I almost want to kill myself during a pill comedown and always feel like chasing more! Even left feeling depressed and wanting more for a few days after.

Sorry for the long post!! And thanks in advance! :)

Hi Losercup, welcome to BL :)

I notice you've posted this same post in two different locations - here and in the meth thread. I've unapproved your post in the meth thread as we don't allow duplicates - it gets confusing when people are replying to the same question in two different locations. Generally meth related questions belong in the meth thread, but you have a few questions and I think you'll get a better response with this here in its own thread.

I think your come down sounds pretty normal. It isn't out of the ordinary at all to still be experiencing some after effects 30 or more hours since your last dose - especially when you've had a longish period of use, with no food and sleep. I find that most scattered symptoms are relieved by a good sleep and rehydration/food, but it does take time to recover from. Even spending 40+ hours with no rest and food without drugs would take a toll on your body. Also, I find that I get similar symptoms as to what you describe - anxiety, fast heartbeat, exhaustion etc - as a symptom of low blood pressure and low blood sugar, as a result of not eating regularly. Focusing on rehydrating yourself with electrolytes, rather than plain water, is important both while you're using and afterwards. Your body requires electrolytes to retain water, so if you're not eating and drinking only plain water, you may not actually be rehydrating yourself effectively. Eating anything, even if you have to force yourself, will help, as well as drinking gastrolyte or similar solutions.

If you're in Australia, it's almost guaranteed that you used methamphetamine and not crack cocaine. Methamphetamine is commonly called 'crack' here - in my opinion it's ridiculous slang, as it's plain wrong, and causes confusion, as it has here. Crack cocaine is rare in Aus, and it's not something you're going to come across by accident. Also, crack cocaine is insoluble in water so I don't believe swallowing it would have had any effect. I'd put my money on you having meth.

Everyone has different experiences of the comedown - personally I never found meth had a severe comedown, but I never found pills did either. Be careful though, as I found it easy to fall into regular use of meth partly because I didn't experience any significant come downs after using for a long time.

Thank you footscrazy for the answers, exactly what I was looking for! I've found that, being the inexperienced user around friends who use it all the time, It's hard to keep up with what everyone is talking about (I'm pretty sure there's a whole other language that I'll slowly learn if I pay enough attention lol), and I feel a bit of a fool for asking them questions like these. I am definitely being careful about this, I think if I continue to use it, it will definitely be for big events or special circumstances, not just going on a binge because I'm bored like how I used to get with pills. Meth is definitely an amazing, but scary drug.

Does anyone have advice on the zolpidem or even other kinds of sleeping pills? I know not to mix uppers with downers, but is there a certain point, maybe even after the worst of the comedown and it's just the insomnia lingering, maybe it wouldn't be such a risk?

I've also been trying to find some good comedown cures for possible future use, and I've heard about 5-HTP (?) from a friend who takes pills a fair bit and uses this as part of his ecstacy comedown cure, and I believe I read somewhere that meth affects your serotonin levels. Would taking 5-HTP help with a meth comedown too? I'm probably getting my facts mixed up here, so please tell me if and how I'm wrong. I did a search to see if it helps or if it's a big no, but I didn't really find anything useful. Again, sorry if this has been brought up before.

Thanks again for the help and having such patience with a new and extremely curious user. :)

Meth affects dopamine levels not serotonin rendering the 5-HTP useless.

I normally find after a two days of Meth come down I'm back fine, dopamine levels go back up much quicker then serotonin but that doesn't mean I encourage doing meth regularly. It's the drug I've most commonly see do harm, but I'm a firm believer if you respect the drug and don't have it too often you'll be fine as I also know people who have taken meth Semi-regularly for well over a decade with no noticable side affects. Getting on to bluelight early is a good sign as this site has helped me enourmously to make sure I know what is a silly amount and what is a truly reckless amount and when it's most appropriate to take caution.

Welcome aboard Lcup =)

Thank you for clearing that up for me, thestudent14. :) and thank you both for the warm welcome.

I'm with you LCup, I can't handle MDxx comedowns anymore, not sure weather it's to do with past abuse but anyway.

Meth comedowns are a walk in the park for me compared to MDxx. But everybody's different.

Dopamine is replaced by the brain much faster than Seretonin. Although from memory both meth and MDMA take about 10 days for your dopamine and seretonin to recover completely. In my experience the MDMA comedown is delayed by a few days and is actually worst mid-week if you rolled on Saturday night. With Meth, the next day is usually fine (if you can sleep) but day 2 can be pretty horrible. In general i find Meth comedowns worse - although tthe first 3 or 4 years of my mdma and meth use i didn't really have a comedown at all, it has worsened over the years (i'm now into 15 years of mdma/meth use). I never ever use drugs without valium and sleeping pills on hand, and i am carefful with my sleep deprevation and supplements to minimise harm. The thing i don't like about MDMA comedowns is that they are more 'scattered', like brian fog, a weird feeling and inability to think quite as well, whereas meth comedowns are straight out feeling low and tired but not weirded out in any way. Those are my observations.

Regarding taking something to help you comedown/sleep if I could have some benzos every time I used meth that would certainly be a godsend for me. If I cant get benzos though I use seroquel which is an anti-psychotic, its often the drug administered by doctors if a person ends up in hospital due to them taking too much meth or theyre experiencing psychotic symptoms. It will put you to sleep and pretty much stop the effects of the meth. It wont usually do much for anxiety though and anxiety is a very common symptom for meth, if you experience anxiety on meth or while coming down you can expect that anxiety to get worse the more you do it. theres no limit on how bad anxiety can get. I thought it was bad after id been using for a little while but now almost 10 years later I sometimes drive myself crazy with unwanted feelings and thoughts. Right now im coming down from a good 5 days of use(I did sleep though) and im feeling things that arent there and thinking about them makes it a lot worse, the main thought I have is that im having a heart attack, just during this run ive had 2 pretty severe panic attacks. You might say im an idiot for continuing to use and you may be right but it goes to show you how addictive meth is. Im waiting on some xanax now(and paying out the ass ill add) and that should make life a lot easier. Benzos on the tail end of meth are pretty safe, they might not put you to sleep but they should help with any anxiety or uncomfortable thoughts you may have.

Take care and take it easy, meth is a LOT more addictive than pills. Its very easy to get yourself in strife so set limits and boundaries early on in your meth career and stick to them no matter what because once you start breaking your own rules you are screwed!

welcome to BL Losercup :)

I agree with foots, doubt it was crack cocaine.. such a small amount would not last that long

hmm yeah the crash from being awake 40 hours on meth wouldn't be that bad, especially if you haven't used it many times. The meth crashes get worse each time you use it, but you usually find a way to trick yourself into believing the crash isn't that bad, e.g. dmt, benzo's, opiates at the end of a bender

obviously if you were awake 5 days or something your comedown would be much worse mate. Meth it's pretty fucking awful.. sometimes I wake up after a huge meth run feeling like I jumped off a cliff then get straight back on again just to make the bad feelings go away and it works every time

methy is a friend but also an enemy... actually no just an enemy ;/

For me, MDXx comedowns are pretty straight forward. A little depression and anxiety, but its bearable with weed.

The comedown from meth is pretty easy too. I would just smoke weed until I fell asleep. The problem was that when I woke up, I felt like I had been hit by a train. Terribly anxious and incredibly depressed. So depressed I wouldn't even want to smoke weed and I'd just sit on the couch with all the curtains closed and cry. Thank god I am not a suicidal person! It was usually about a week until I could actually enjoy life again.

I'm one of those people that should never use meth though, my body chemistry is susceptible to it. Extreme paranoia and anxiety from the first use. I ignored the warnings and got burned in the end. It was unbelievably enjoyable for a drug I've always hated.

I still crave it. Everyday.

Having taking these substances regularly for 15 years, my best advice is never stay up longer than one night without sleep, keep hydrated, don't go too long without food and have plenty of vitamins. It sounds trite but it works. Not once in all that time and all the crazy amounts of substances have I ever not gone to sleep before sun up on the second night.

The ones that believe it is necessary to stay awake three, four, five days etc at a time, are the ones that, in my experience, burn out quickly and burn out bad!

Having taking these substances regularly for 15 years, my best advice is never stay up longer than one night without sleep, keep hydrated, don't go too long without food and have plenty of vitamins. It sounds trite but it works. Not once in all that time and all the crazy amounts of substances have I ever not gone to sleep before sun up on the second night.

The ones that believe it is necessary to stay awake three, four, five days etc at a time, are the ones that, in my experience, burn out quickly and burn out bad!

Could not agree more with that last statement. Have former friends who are complete head cases because they thought being wired and not getting more than 6 hours sleep in 4 days to be a good thing??? They also thought using sleepers on the comedown was a waste of meth and these people often called meth "crack". Not that they had ever experience real crack, which is probably a good thing. Have travelled a bit and I can say crack really fucks people up cause it's cheap overseas, short lasting and is called "crack" because of the crackling noise it makes when burnt due to the impurities. Also crack makes the user stink like shit (gasoline/chemical type smell really apparent when encountering a regular crack head on the street corner begging "Hey buddy spare some change?") Best to avoid such situations if you can. Some places in the US, like Hawaii, it's just about impossible not to run into at least one while on holiday.

Re: Izzy69 good luck with the pot to help you sleep... oh but you smoke meth, yum. 10% of your smoke is a highly carcinogenic gas created by turning meth salt into freebase, that is why all meth heads who smoke look like shit in such a short period of time. That and the fact you constantly hit the pipe as your high is short lived but the physiological stimulation continues long after the last of the gear is gone. If it works for you cool but you will end up finding weed is no help at all depending on the quality of your gear and the amount consumed. All the people in my post thought like you my friend and they are all fucked.

The main reason you are able to sleep is because you have probably eaten carbohydrates which will cause you to be sleepy on any given day anyway. It's good that weed gives you the munchies on meth because this is why you can sleep because you have eaten! That is great just don't let the meth monkey claw it's way too deep into your back or all the weed in Jamaica will not help.

Last edited:
I agree... meth is the most destructive drug ive ever used. After 5 years of everyday smoking it ruined my 8 year relationship (both used) and I am paying back a $30,000 debt from playing pokies. I often wonder how different my life would be had I never of smoked it but I cant live the rest of my life wondering! Ive moved on and cleaned up and thankgod it never led to injecting or prostitution etc... I have a happy relationship with neither using drugs and its great. The come down might not be hard after couple of times but coming down after 5 years of flat out everyday smoking is the worst experience of my life that lasted for months not to mention the years of paying back money just because meth made me stay awake all night with nothing to do except clean the house and usually create more mess haha then play pokies. It was groundhog day for years and so boring now I think back!

Ay bro look for a bit i had ur problem i wanted to sleep but couldn't (It sucks bro i know iv been in ur boat) . I see u mentioned u smoke mary Jane :) i do this all the time it works for me it may work for u. So either before u smoke tweek or after (both work the same for me) sit down smoke a bowl of green. I do it and the feelin that i don't want to eat is gone so ull be hungry and after i eat im tired i sleep through the night wake up i have no withdrawal pains or anything like that try it next time u smoke tweek let me know if it works for u to. And remember to always toke it up and to twist that glass ¡$IZZY!$