• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Questions about ketamine IV use

prochainement

Bluelighter
Hello everyone!

I have read some posts previously on bluelight forum, but this is my first time actually registering and posting something. I decided to do so because I could not find information that could satisfy my questions about ketamine.

So, firstly - why it is so uncommon to use k intravenously for recreational purposes? At least that is the impression that I get when trying to find information - everything is about snorting or im usage, at least as I have read in erowid experience vaults. Are the effects better with im or snorting? The problem is that my access to ketamine is pretty limited, so I can't really test that out - I can get clean k which is meant for veterinary purposes, but the solution is ketamine hidrochloride 10 mg/ml, not very strong and in one time I can have one syringe, which is about 1 ml, so, if I am not wrong, that means that I have only 10 mg of liquid ketamine. And having this little, I think that there is no purpose in trying to make it into powder or shooting in muscle as iv usage gives stronger effects. But if I anyways have so little, how can it be that effects can feel so strong? Me and my friend, we are not even shooting up all the syringe - I can take in about, idk, maybe 1/10th part of the 1 ml syringe and feel blown off. My friend can take a bit more and say that he could feel "k hole". I would like to describe the effects more precisely, but it is kinda hard to explain, and sometimes, when reading different experiences, I almost feel like we are not quite getting everything there should be - maybe it is because of the dose or type of injection? Ok, if I had to explain, I would say that I feel relaxed (on the other hand - last time I used it together with opioids), the room seems kinda detached from reality like I would be really drunk but in a more pleasant way and it is hard for me to walk or talk normally; I have strange toughts and I remember one time precisely good when I was lying in bed unable to move, but I was laughing as depersonalizing feel gave me in some way euphorical feelings and I demanded my friend to tell me something about ancient Mesopotania. And I think that is about it. But when I imagine that I would inject IV more than I usually do, well... idk, the though is not very pleasant, I am not really tempted by k hole yet.

Would like to hear comments on this. Thanks!

Ive used IV Ketamine before (pharma grade IV/IM ketamine) in small doses... 10-25mg. It can be dangerous because if you don't get your dose right (using street ketamine), and you're using extremely high doses ie. 200+mg, you can go unconscious by the time the plunger reaches the bottom.

I work for Fire/Rescue and use ketamine for several reasons (for pain and sedation). When Im sedating someone (we have 500mg in 10ml vials) by the time I push all of that ketamine down, the person is unconscious. So if you are IVing large amounts of ketamine, you can go unconscious extremely quickly.

IM ketamine lasts longer than IV. Ketamine has a relatively short half-life and IV ketamine will last anywhere from 30-45 mins and IM ketamine will last about 45-60mins. Obviously, everyone is different though.

Large dose ketamine IV is bad. Small dose IV ketamine is okay. Assuming you know the exact dose your using.

Hopefully that makes sense.

I'll reiterate what Chris42393 said - probably never more that 50mg per plunger, and IM is a much better route. Tolerance builds fast, so a second dose is going to have to be substantially higher to get you where you want to go, even if the first one wasn't enough. To get the most out of Ketamine, really... Once a week is about all you're going to be able to do.

Hi all, question, can someone walk me thru how to IV powder street k. I can't get vials all I can get is powder. I'm a seasoned H addict whose 3 weeks off but IVd this powder last night and felt amazing. But today it's just turning into un workable fluff. Help?

Perhaps because it's hygroscopic, it attracts water from the atmosphere. Simply dry it out on a hot plate, oven is fine, just keep it on low, lol. Store it with some dessicants next time to stop it from happening too fast.