View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions about how to have the best trip with ego death +best setting

Shaylum

Greenlighter
So Wednesday I got my hands on 6 dried grams of shrooms. Gold caps. I plan on dosing them all at once. I do expect a complete ego death and I realize the intensity. But since this is the last time Ill be able to get shrooms for a while I finally want to experience ego death. If ego death does occur I want to "let go" and not fight it. Im thinking about lemon tekking but I've heard that it decreases the duration of the trip. Is this true? If so, by how much? Should i lemon tek 3gs and chew 3? I want to have a spiritual and profound trip with lots of OEVS and CEVS+ego death that lasts at least 4 hours. Something life changing. Maybe come in contact with an entity or god? Lol. I also want to trip in silent darkness. With a sitter nearby of course. Although, silent darkness doesn't seem like a place to experience OEV's. Maybe ill use a backlight. What are your guy's opinions on lemon tek and tripping in silent darkness? How do high dose trips in silent darkness compare to a high dose in nature or other settings? Visual wise. Any other tips on tripping 6 grams will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I would just eat the shrooms, I never experience anything other than some slight stomach discomfort. I would also suggest having no more than 1 or 2 people around. My trips always seem deeper when in small groups or by my lonesome. Lastly, cannabis is great for blasting off into the more spiritual territory although some people experience adverse reactions when mixing the two.

Oh and some of my best OEVs have been in the dark, they just look more like CEVs( geometrical patterns and such) compared to the visual distortions one sees in the light. The best trips are when you can't tell if your eyes are open or closed when in the dark

Last edited:
I can almost guarantee you're not going to reach the place you want to reach with a trip sitter. IME they always ground you to an extent that disallows truly transcendental experiences.

OEVs will not matter to you in that state of mind.

If you want to go the farthest you can go, have a playlist lined up of ambient albums that are journeys in themselves, and as soon as you take them, start meditating with closed eyes. Next thing you know, you will be in hyperspace.

However, the way you phrased your post makes it sound like you are not that experienced with psychedelics and reaching the truly far out points these drugs can bring you too. Do realize that while six grams is going to be intense no matter what, it's not a guarantee that it will be a blissful trip into the cosmos. It could easily turn into one of the most hellish experiences of your life. When I had reached about the three year mark from starting to use psychedelics, and had at this point tripped 25+ times on LSD, 4-aco-dmt, DMT, and 2c-e, I took an eighth of shrooms, brokethrough to hyperspace exactly like DMT, and ended up having the most hellish time of my life. Of course, my life was in shambles at the moment in terms of real world criteria. My grades were all failing in university, my friends and I were friends just to get high, etc. But still, it can turn on you so easily. It was so blissful for the first hour of hyperspace, then an odd, completely out of nowhere event happened, and everything spiraled down from there. I literally could not even be around and socialize with my friends for the remaining four hours of the night, along with a good portion of the next day because of what I'd experienced.

Please realize what you're getting yourself into with six grams. It is not to be taken lightly, in any sense.

EDIT: After re-reading your post, you seem to mention visuals the most out of anything. If that's what you're after, six grams of shrooms is not how you want to go about that. Shrooms are hands down the toughest psychedelic to handle when it comes to bad trips. They will turn you sideways and fuck you in every orifice imaginable. As much as I hate to generalize, it sounds like a bad idea all around from what I'm getting from your post.

I've always found mushrooms the friendliest psychedelic of them all.

I can almost guarantee you're not going to reach the place you want to reach with a trip sitter. IME they always ground you to an extent that disallows truly transcendental experiences.

OEVs will not matter to you in that state of mind.

If you want to go the farthest you can go, have a playlist lined up of ambient albums that are journeys in themselves, and as soon as you take them, start meditating with closed eyes. Next thing you know, you will be in hyperspace.

However, the way you phrased your post makes it sound like you are not that experienced with psychedelics and reaching the truly far out points these drugs can bring you too. Do realize that while six grams is going to be intense no matter what, it's not a guarantee that it will be a blissful trip into the cosmos. It could easily turn into one of the most hellish experiences of your life. When I had reached about the three year mark from starting to use psychedelics, and had at this point tripped 25+ times on LSD, 4-aco-dmt, DMT, and 2c-e, I took an eighth of shrooms, brokethrough to hyperspace exactly like DMT, and ended up having the most hellish time of my life. Of course, my life was in shambles at the moment in terms of real world criteria. My grades were all failing in university, my friends and I were friends just to get high, etc. But still, it can turn on you so easily. It was so blissful for the first hour of hyperspace, then an odd, completely out of nowhere event happened, and everything spiraled down from there. I literally could not even be around and socialize with my friends for the remaining four hours of the night, along with a good portion of the next day because of what I'd experienced.

Please realize what you're getting yourself into with six grams. It is not to be taken lightly, in any sense.

EDIT: After re-reading your post, you seem to mention visuals the most out of anything. If that's what you're after, six grams of shrooms is not how you want to go about that. Shrooms are hands down the toughest psychedelic to handle when it comes to bad trips. They will turn you sideways and fuck you in every orifice imaginable. As much as I hate to generalize, it sounds like a bad idea all around from what I'm getting from your post.

I haven't reached hyperspace to any extent. And for the OEV's, I mean as for the come up. Im sure i wont enjoy that either. Ive been able to pull myself out of bad trips constantly. I don't think i am ready for this. But then again, who is ever ready for it? Im not looking for a blissful trip either, I'm looking for ego death. Nothing blissful about that haha, but thank you for the advice. Ill definitely use it :)

Too many expectations. Just go into it, and forget these preconceptions. Dark silence is awesome for tripping, but I'd say have some sweet sweet music handy as well, cause sometimes that's just what is called for.

What are you going to do if you take 6 grams and have a great time and feel like giggling the night away? Just sit there in the darkness grimly chanting "I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die" to yourself in the hope of triggering an "ego-death"?

What are you going to do if you take 6 grams and have a great time and feel like giggling the night away? Just sit there in the darkness grimly chanting "I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die" to yourself in the hope of triggering an "ego-death"?
Why do you keep commenting useless information? I NEVER said i want to have a great time. I'm not expecting one either. And your last comment is unintelligible. Are you trying to ask me something?

Why do you keep commenting useless information? I NEVER said i want to have a great time. I'm not expecting one either. And your last comment is unintelligible. Are you trying to ask me something?

Probably because he's an older member with lots of posts so he feels he can say whatever he wants. This is unfortunately a common attitude on a lot of forums.

I wouldn't sit in darkness the entire time, maybe just for 2 hours around the peak and then maybe take a stroll outside if you live in a town and not a city.
Tripping in dark silence will be an enjoyable and perhaps spiritual experience, just eat the mushrooms and let go and let the trip guide you, a black light would be cool. Really whatever you think would be cool will make the trip enjoyable man.

Why do you keep commenting useless information? I NEVER said i want to have a great time.

Are you talking to me or do you still think you are talking to your mother?

I said what if you take 6 grams and you have a good time despite you wanting to have a terrible ego-death? Obviously you've never taken a high dose before. A high dose doesn't mean you have a bad time - high doses can be fun. Have you grasped that now?

But I think you probably will shit yourself and call the cops to come and help you - you sound just like the type.

^Sort of uncalled for don't you think? :\

He started the personal abuse why arn't you saying that to him? Is it just because I won't agree with you about the ego-death? Are all people who have an ego-death that childish? :\

I think that the obsession with the stereotypical ego death "merit badge " is a symptom of our restrictive society....it is a very Orwellian notion of breaking the mold of societal constraints, oddly enough, to show that "I am Unique". The inevitable shock that the user is in for is the basis of all spiritual growth.

In other words, people seek this experience because the sum of sensory experiences just doesn't add up. After closer examination physical laws begin to break down and we are left feeling incomplete, like we have been left out of, or are the punch line to, some grand cosmic joke.

He started the personal abuse why arn't you saying that to him? Is it just because I won't agree with you about the ego-death? Are all people who have an ego-death that childish? :\

You make some huge assumptions here Issy. I don't care if you agree or disagree with me, I just don't support you trying to invalidate others experiences because they are counter to your own. I am afraid that calling me childish is a stretch in this situation.

;)

Ismene, you're cruisin' for a bruisin'.

Ultimately, none of us can be the gatekeepers for the wisdom and intensity that is mushrooms. OP will have to try it himself, and then go, "Oh..."

I would agree that mushrooms are the friendliest, most positive psych I've tried. Even if the trip gets difficult, it's always trying to show you something important, something you can gain from. I've always emerged from every single mushroom trip I've had a better person, even if it was a fight. It is safe territory if you trust and respect it.

Well I did it. I decided to take 5grams instead of the full 6. The first hour after ingestion I had the giggles, extreme body heaviness, and everything was extremely vivid. During the come up I had bad anxiety and decided to head to my room and meditate. In silent darkness. Within 30 minutes of meditation I was in hyperspace. This being my first experience with reaching hyperspace I was in awe the whole time. I couldn't feel my body, it felt like my body was numb all over, the best body high ever! Orgasmic in a way. Then I saw a head. A head of three faces. The faces appeared to be a bald being. After a while of astonishment I decided to "talk" to it. And it replied. I'm still not sure if this was my imagination doing this or if i was just hallucinating but this is somewhat how our conversation went. We greeted and it started telling me that i need to show others it's powers. I asked it how and it suggested that I grow psilocybin mushrooms myself and simply "hand them out". Not sell, just give. I told it I would and and then the question of its location popped up. It said it wasn't in my dimension and it said the only way to communicate with beings in his dimension is with the mushrooms. It told me we don't have much time to spread the word of its dimension. Then i got the message that it had to go and that it'll leave me to enjoy the trip. It told me to not forget about "him" and to come back to him later on. Its faces disassembled into a a vortex of color. I then opened my eyes and wrote down what I saw and what the being said to me. At this point I was still peaking and looked at the time. The time read 12:38. I was shocked! What seemed like 10 minutes in hyperspace was actually 3 1/2 hours! After the peak I started having negative thoughts about myself but quickly changed my way of thinking at the time. I then continued tripping while watching family guy. My room was very different looking. Everything seemed so big and it was as if i was focused in on everything in my vision. I decided to continue meditating and i tried to contact the being a second time. No answer. Nothing. The trip lasted a full 7 hours until i could sleep. When I woke up i was convinced that I was making up the conversation with the being and that it was just my imagination. But now that i think back to it, it seemed so real. I still don't know what to think of it but it was still a very spiritual trip. Much enjoyed. Even though I did not slay my ego.

Sorry if this seemed so dense, I just wanted to get my thoughts about my trip layed out. Any opinions on the being i encountered?

it suggested that I grow psilocybin mushrooms myself and simply "hand them out". Not sell, just give.

Sorry if this seemed so dense, I just wanted to get my thoughts about my trip layed out. Any opinions on the being i encountered?

It was a reflection of your subconscious mind, no more....don't get locked up kid

Last edited: