View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

question's about ehrlich test for lsd

letitbe93

Greenlighter
hi. so i recently got the ehrlich's test kit to test a blotter. anyways, am i supposed to be looking at the liquid color or the blotter color? b/c parts of the blotter did turn purple (but the liquid stayed yellow). so now that it's purple, what chance is there that it isn't lsd? b/c the sheet lists several other drugs that could also be purple. thanks

IME the blotter will turn purple first, sometimes slowly, and then if you let it sit long enough the solution will turn slight purple as the goods leave the blotter.

The solution should turn purple bro. There's no mistaking it. Sometimes it takes more than an hour or two, but the liquid should turn purple if you leave it for a while. Using Ehrlichs on a blotter is basically going to tell you if it's LSD or not. Even though Ehrlich's can identify other tryptamines, none of them would fit on a blotter. So if it turns purple you can be pretty sure its LSD, if it does not turn purple even after a day, then it's most likely not LSD.

The solution should turn purple bro. There's no mistaking it. Sometimes it takes more than an hour or two, but the liquid should turn purple if you leave it for a while. Using Ehrlichs on a blotter is basically going to tell you if it's LSD or not. Even though Ehrlich's can identify other tryptamines, none of them would fit on a blotter. So if it turns purple you can be pretty sure its LSD, if it does not turn purple even after a day, then it's most likely not LSD.

Ehlrich's reagent will react to any indoles (not specifically tryptamines, though I'm not familiar of its reactions - if any - to tryptamines), so my limited knowledge of chemistry tells me analogues/isomers of LSD would also react (iso-LSD, 1P-LSD, LSA, LSZ, AL-LAD) :)