Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions about Dxm @ 600 mg

TheUnforeseen

Greenlighter
Hi:

I know someone who has used DXM twice (both times in the same week). He has since realized that doing this is neither healthy nor productive. Therefore, he plans on doing it again a few months later. But, he is also careful and wants to do as much research as possible on it because he is considering increasing the dosage. He is in a stable mindset and he is quite comfortable with the drug. The purpose is for him to explore himself, in any way possible.

His experiences, as far as I know, have been both very positive. The first time was an amazing experience at 270 mg. He was feeling euphoric, saw some closed-eyed visuals, and music sounded beautiful/incredible. The second time was at 390 mg, which was still intense but not as amazing as the first one (but was still pretty good). It should be mentioned that both times, he staggered the doses (meaning, he took a few every 10-15 mins).

For the next time, he wants to consider doing 600 mg, but is unsure/nervous about taking so many (40 x 15 mg) at one time. He is open to opinions/viewpoints which may encourage or discourage him from using it. After all, he would like to gain knowledge. He has previously done a lot of reading online, but I would expect that he'll be willing to read some older stuff again. Furthermore, he is the type of person that is willing to share his experiences if people are interested in reading about it.

His vital stats are 5'6 @ 145 lbs or so, maybe 150 after the holiday weight.

I am a good friend of his, but unfortunately I cannot advise him because I do not know much about it, so I'm looking for your help. Thanks!

Last edited:
as I understand it, dex does funny things when redosing so taking more shortly after a dose does funny stuff. One should know their desired plateau, as in start at 1, when ready go to 2, then 3 if liked. The redosing seems to trigger sigmas much easier. Some enjoy that some don't. I was doing enough to function on sigma;

But I liked 3 and it usually took me 600-900mg.

At that point you can't do much but maybe use the PC or dissociated traveling (OBE) which is cool but doesn't work well with group settings. I just put on a good playlist, then did some stretches, loved my dog, then generally smoke some pot at the decline (dex is the peanut butter, pot is the jelly) cuz that experience is insane. Then some alcohol at the very end because it seems to shake it off well. Greg House said it best, "taking the robitussin recreationally, the booze medicinally" as it does seem to clean up the dex discomfort post decline.

The robogels are like 300mg per bottle, and work well, but the gelatin and stuff can make it rough. I liked mucinex generic, 20mg pills with some guafenisen. So 1200mg/bottle, very cheap, but can cause kidney stones with prolonged use.

600mg isn't generally a dangerous dose if that's the only active. Keep everything you need close by in case you can't get up. There are calculator apps online that can help determine a good dose. i'd suggest a 300mg dose, then maybe 2 week later 450mg if no trouble with 300, scale 150mg/mo, but do not exceed 600mg until you KNOW you can handle it. Nothing beats hyperextention of leg muscles while on an upper plat. Stretch until it's painful, then release it and see if the endorphin flood isn't amazing.

Also was able to use dex to get off harder drugs; using extractions and purifications and whatnot.

as I understand it, dex does funny things when redosing so taking more shortly after a dose does funny stuff. One should know their desired plateau, as in start at 1, when ready go to 2, then 3 if liked. The redosing seems to trigger sigmas much easier. Some enjoy that some don't. I was doing enough to function on sigma;

But I liked 3 and it usually took me 600-900mg.

At that point you can't do much but maybe use the PC or dissociated traveling (OBE) which is cool but doesn't work well with group settings. I just put on a good playlist, then did some stretches, loved my dog, then generally smoke some pot at the decline (dex is the peanut butter, pot is the jelly) cuz that experience is insane. Then some alcohol at the very end because it seems to shake it off well. Greg House said it best, "taking the robitussin recreationally, the booze medicinally" as it does seem to clean up the dex discomfort post decline.

The robogels are like 300mg per bottle, and work well, but the gelatin and stuff can make it rough. I liked mucinex generic, 20mg pills with some guafenisen. So 1200mg/bottle, very cheap, but can cause kidney stones with prolonged use.

600mg isn't generally a dangerous dose if that's the only active. Keep everything you need close by in case you can't get up. There are calculator apps online that can help determine a good dose. i'd suggest a 300mg dose, then maybe 2 week later 450mg if no trouble with 300, scale 150mg/mo, but do not exceed 600mg until you KNOW you can handle it. Nothing beats hyperextention of leg muscles while on an upper plat. Stretch until it's painful, then release it and see if the endorphin flood isn't amazing.

Also was able to use dex to get off harder drugs; using extractions and purifications and whatnot.

They do work well, from what I've heard, but yes, he has experienced "weird" stomachy aches during the trips. They disappear after a few seconds.

Yes, 600 mg is the ONLY active ingredient, though other ingredients like sorbitol are in the pills. It is not Coricidin or cough syrup where there's sucrose and other garbage mixed in.

I know that people have different experiences at different dosages - and that no one experience is identical. That being said, what was 600 like for you?

Yeah, 600+ seems like a big leap. Yet, it seems intriguing to explore a side of you that you didn't realize. Perhaps you'll think about something profound which you can remember it for the rest of your life. That is the goal with doing this drug (or any others).

600 is very strong for a new user. I'm surprised that you get less effects from 390 after the 270....because this drug doesn't develop tolerance the way other drugs do, actually there is reverse tolerance in my experience.

if 390 wasn't enough i'd try 500 instead of 600. but i really wouldn't base dose responses on just two experiences alone, maybe give 450 a go....I mean your friend ;)....how kind of you to ask for him by the way

600 is very strong for a new user. I'm surprised that you get less effects from 390 after the 270....because this drug doesn't develop tolerance the way other drugs do, actually there is reverse tolerance in my experience.

if 390 wasn't enough i'd try 500 instead of 600. but i really wouldn't base dose responses on just two experiences alone, maybe give 450 a go....I mean your friend ;)....how kind of you to ask for him by the way

Hahahaha... well, that's what friends for, right? They look out for each other. I would say that I care about this person very much.

I would speculate that it might have to do with the frequency between the first time and the second, though I have no idea. Yes, the second time seemed to him like a "weaker" spell. At the end, he was shivering and shaking. He still felt incredibly dizzy (not the bad kind), so the effects were more or less there. There just wasn't as much visual effects (though music was centralized - it sounded as if it was coming from his head and staying there). It was an incredible experience (for him).

Yes, he is a new user. He just seems motivated in pursuing something new. Maybe the experiences might enlighten him. He is very pleased with what DXM has been providing so far.

yeah I mean scale up after calculating proper dosages. coricidin's have " chlorphenimen maleate " that I can't spell but its known as CPM... causes a very dark spooky trip and can be very deadly. Not fun IMO. Pure dex used to be my fav thing to dose in the day on and go hiking. I recommend you DONT take this much ever but I was doing 300mg at school, 300mg evening courses, say 9am and 3pm, then 600mg at 9pm. Usually a sigma every time. But I liked it. I was told sigma receptors fire off right as someone dies, and that the sigma/and upper plateaus are perhaps the feeling of dying. Not so bad I think.

I'd use a lil milk after dosing the 600mg, to help with nausea, enjoy some music, and just basically chat or world of Warcraft through it, til it got too intense then I'd do some major leg stretches that flooded me with endorphins when I released them. Those were awesome, almost MDMA like.

If you've never mixed pot with it... that's a thing to try but slowly. First at 1st plateau, with just a single toke. It's like you took a major dose of PCP or something. First time someone passed me a J while I was on dex I thought i'd been dosed with k or pcp, for sure.

I don't do it anymore but it served its purpose getting me off the H last time. I still do opiates but I can work with much lesser strength versions.