• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos questions about benzo dependence/use in general!

UPDATE:

So, I haven't experienced any severe withdrawals (thank god) even after a few weeks of using both alcohol and clonazepam semi-daily but I'm gonna be even more cautious as I've acquired even more benzos (200 .5 alprazolams and around 85 .5 clonazepams to be exact).

Anyway, so I did a little self-experiment and used started using more often Xanax instead of Klonopin and I experienced no physical withdrawals and I even went a few days without drinking or using any benzo. The only withdrawal-related symptom I experienced (if any at all) was a little insomnia.

I figure I have enough to ween myself off if need be but I just want to avoid physical dependence!

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I truly appreciate it!

<3

Clonazepam has a long half-life so you will need to exercise extreme caution. I would say allow yourself to use 1-2mg MAX in any given month.

You can use that allotment as you wish. 2mg in one day, 0.5mg once a week, 1mg every two weeks, etc. Just no more than 1-2mg a month.

It's extremely potent. I suggest 0.125mg or 0.25mg per dose.

I've had two BZD related seizures and they really fucked up my life fast. Emergency use only.
Rofl, I take 8mg some days. My reg dose schedule is 1 in the AM and 1 at night. 2mg ones

wonders why alprazolam is more addictive than clon or any benzo

UPDATE:

So, I haven't experienced any severe withdrawals (thank god) even after a few weeks of using both alcohol and clonazepam semi-daily but I'm gonna be even more cautious as I've acquired even more benzos (200 .5 alprazolams and around 85 .5 clonazepams to be exact).

Anyway, so I did a little self-experiment and used started using more often Xanax instead of Klonopin and I experienced no physical withdrawals and I even went a few days without drinking or using any benzo. The only withdrawal-related symptom I experienced (if any at all) was a little insomnia.

I figure I have enough to ween myself off if need be but I just want to avoid physical dependence!

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I truly appreciate it!

<3
So basically you didn't take any of the advice you asked for. Also, you aren't likely to experience severe benzo withdrawal in such a short period of use- even with moderate to heavy use (you can but probably won't). I fucked around with Xanax bars for yearsssss and will never fuck with those demon pills again. The bars are 2mg and I was taking 5+ a days veryyyy frequently, sometimes more sometimes less with few breaks for months on end. I watched lots of friends end up in severe withdrawal with seizures and hallucinations. Thing is it takes a couple days to get real bad so if you only wait 2 days you probably won't get to that point. I was a long time before I tried to get clean off them, like 10 years and when I did it was hell on earth. I hallucinated for 9 days some of the craziest hallucinations that I thought were sooo real and I can remember every bit of it so clearly to this day 15 years later.

And as mentioned by December Flower, another thing I saw a lot of was friends overdosing and dying from mixing Xanax with opiates. Please don't do that. In fact, before dope became the thing to do when all the pill mills got shut down the only people I knew who died from OD had mixed Xanax with opiates.

Another thing I saw a lot of was friends ending up in jail for doing dumb shit when mixing Xanax with alcohol. Esp mixing in Adderall as mentioned by someone else. Xanax will make you super reckless, turn you into a klepto even if you have money you will just take shit that isn't yours. And many people end up compulsively dosing thinking they aren't fucked up and ending up in a black out but continuing to take more.

And one last thing for you to be aware of...there are a lot of fake benzos on the dark web so unless you are getting them straight from the pharmacy or from someone who stock piled their script, there is a good chance you are actually getting etizolam or some research chemical, like if you are purchasing from the dark web. It's incredibly difficult to find 200 .5mg alprazolam for sale these days, they are hard af to get scripted due to changes in prescribing laws over the past couple years. If you are purchasing on the street or dark web and are not 100% certain these came from a pharmacy, I highly encourage you to send some to get tested!! You don't want to think you have one benzo and actually have an entirely different benzo bc they all have different half life/duration of action and it's important to know accurately what you have if attempting to taper.

You should really reconsider the path you are heading down. If you use the Xanax, you really only want to use it to go right to sleep. Do yourself a favor, for real.