• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos questions about benzo dependence/use in general!

DylanSins

Bluelighter
Hey ya'll,

I haven't posted here on BL in a long ass time; however, I've been lurking for months again lol. But, I do a few questions about benzo use.

I currently have a very large amount of Klonopin (500 0.5s to be exact) and I'm wondering how/what I can do to prevent physical dependence.

How often can I take it, how long should my breaks be, etc.

SIDENOTE:
I'm only really using it for Adderall comedowns, presentations at work and school, really anything that involves socially interacting with large groups of people so I'm mostly using it for its intended, medical purpose.

any suggestions would be dope or advice would be dope tho!!

<3

Hey ya'll,

I haven't posted here on BL in a long ass time; however, I've been lurking for months again lol. But, I do a few questions about benzo use.

I currently have a very large amount of Klonopin (500 0.5s to be exact) and I'm wondering how/what I can do to prevent physical dependence.

SIDENOTE:
I'm only really using it for Adderall comedowns, presentations at work and school, really anything that involves socially interacting with large groups of people so I'm mostly using it for its intended, medical purpose.

<3

Just use it when you need it, but not daily.

Moderation is the key.

Having said that, I would find moderation extremely difficult with that much clonazepam to hand...

Just use it when you need it, but not daily.

Moderation is the key.

Having said that, I would find moderation extremely difficult with that much clonazepam to hand...

how long and how frequently should I take breaks? god, I honestly wish I could just function normally without the shit but school/work is really starting to affect my anxiety :/

For xanax you can avoid dependence by only using two doses a week, which is what I do. Clonazepam has a longer half life though so I am unsure the exact schedule. The trick is to just not get too comfortable with it. Use it when absolutely necessary, not just because its that time of day. Don't let it become a routine, it is a treat, a reprieve from your anxiety, not a cure.

Remember that tolerance and dependence are two manifestations of the same thing, so if you find yourself needing higher doses, thats an indication that you're getting a little too close, take a step back.

If you are not familiar, you should look into what its like to experience benzo withdrawal, it is absolutely hell on earth. Fear of that may help keep your use in line.

Hey I missed the Adderall part. Your experience may vary but for me, amphetamine and benzo combinations are a huge no-no. The increased confidence of amp and the lack of inhibitions from benzos make me do some of the stupidest most embarrassing stuff. So also keep that in mind.

Clonazepam has a long half-life so you will need to exercise extreme caution. I would say allow yourself to use 1-2mg MAX in any given month.

You can use that allotment as you wish. 2mg in one day, 0.5mg once a week, 1mg every two weeks, etc. Just no more than 1-2mg a month.

It's extremely potent. I suggest 0.125mg or 0.25mg per dose.

I've had two BZD related seizures and they really fucked up my life fast. Emergency use only.

The hard part about this is that you have enough to last quite some time. Even when munching through 10 klonopins (2mg) one a week at most, the last ones were weaker. Frankly, that many benzos in my mind are quite a liability.

If possible journal your use so that you can see patterns of increased use, decreased effect, or increasing anxiety/cravings. Maybe talk to a confidant if you have one so you have somebody who over time will remain more objective. You are playing the long game, and it certainly isn't an easy one.

Hey ya'll,

SIDENOTE:

<3
IME as long as you use threshold doses you should be fine

I have been using for a total of 6+ months every day either 0.75mg etizolam or 10mg temazepam or 0.5mg xan and last 2 days I have not taken any benzo and have 0 WD (no alcohol or Gabapentinoids used to compensate, only heroin which I doubt helps benzo WD)

But every body is different, so best is to trust your intuition imo.

IME as long as you use threshold doses you should be fine

I have been using for a total of 6+ months every day either 0.75mg etizolam or 10mg temazepam or 0.5mg xan and last 2 days I have not taken any benzo and have 0 WD (no alcohol or Gabapentinoids used to compensate, only heroin which I doubt helps benzo WD)

But every body is different, so best is to trust your intuition imo.
It does help benzo WD because it reduces your anxiety, stress and insomnia.
That should make the psychological WD much easier to stomach.

WD starts after even 2 weeks of taking benzos, so you definitely had WD,
it was just entirely overshadowed by the heroin.

..I think - I would never try this at work or recommend anyone to do this :ROFLMAO:
So I can never know for sure, but 99% sure, this is the explanation why it wasn't bad for you.

It does help benzo WD because it reduces your anxiety, stress and insomnia.
That should make the psychological WD much easier to stomach.

I think, I would never try this at work or recommend anyone to do this :ROFLMAO:
Heroin makes literally more anxious and insomniac

Actually since starting H I need benzos more than before to sleep

So I don't think what you said applies in my case at least

Heroin makes literally more anxious and insomniac

Actually since starting H I need benzos more than before to sleep

So I don't think what you said applies in my case at least
Well, no, since it's a sedative, making you experience insomnia would be the opposite of what it's doing.
Yeah, ofc, with extra WD, or the heroin effect reaching its end, you will immediately feel the benzo WD.
Even during you could feel the benzo WD, if you say it made you more anxious and insomniatic,
I can guarantee you, you had benzo WD, while being on heroin.

Not a good combination, this is how my friend died. Benzos and heroin.
Good luck, man.

Well, no, since it's a sedative, making you experience insomnia would be the opposite of what it's doing.
Yeah, ofc, with extra WD, or the heroin effect reaching its end, you will immediately feel the benzo WD.
Even during you could feel the benzo WD, if you say it made you more anxious and insomniatic,
I can guarantee you, you had benzo WD, while being on heroin.

Not a good combination, this is how my friend died. Benzos and heroin.
Good luck, man.
OK you know better than me what is going on in my body and mind

Must be some super power of yours what can I say

As for not being a good combo that's why I stopped benzos and will start mirtazapine from today

OK you know better than me what is going on in my body and mind

Must be some super power of yours what can I say

As for not being a good combo that's why I stopped benzos and will start mirtazapine from today
I work in recovery/addiction treatment, and I'm just using very basic biochemistry.
Heroin is a sedative, don't you ever read a book? I just said my guess would be that you're keeping yourself in benzo WD,
since you're obviously still taking them regularly. I'm not your doctor, and I'm not trying to tell you anything,
actually I just want you to be careful what you say, because you essentially said "benzo WD is harmless"

I've seen people die from benzo WD, so please read a book before saying anything?
Now you want to use mirtazapine and heroin at the same time?
You obviously know how to treat your body well.

All jokes aside, please try tapering, not just switching - stopping any zepine/zepam/zolam cold turkey can be life-threatening.
And consult a doctor to help you

I work in recovery/addiction treatment, and I'm just using very basic biochemistry.
Heroin is a sedative, don't you ever read a book? I just said my guess would be that you're keeping yourself in benzo WD,
since you're obviously still taking them regularly. I'm not your doctor, and I'm not trying to tell you anything,
actually I just want you to be careful what you say, because you essentially said "benzo WD is harmless"

I've seen people die from benzo WD, so please read a book before saying anything?
Now you want to use mirtazapine and heroin at the same time?
You obviously know how to treat your body well.

All jokes aside, please try tapering, not just switching - stopping any zepine/zepam/zolam cold turkey can be life-threatening.
And consult a doctor to help you
Sorry obvs u r the only intelligent person here who can read a book

Now I ll trust everything you say more even than I feel since u read many books and now u r a bright addiction recoverer

I did not say benzo WD is safe, I just say not everyone experience it at low doses. But since ur books say different OK I pass

Sorry obvs u r the only intelligent person here who can read a book

Now I ll trust everything you say more even than I feel since u read many books and now u r a bright addiction recoverer

I did not say benzo WD is safe, I just say not everyone experience it at low doses. But since ur books say different OK I pass
Sorry, you're just saying things that are contradictory, didn't know I struck you so hard with that remark.
Taking Heroin should decrease anxiety, and increase your ability to sleep,
but since you are experiencing neither, it is obvious that you are experiencing benzo WD.

Sorry, you're just saying things that are contradictory, didn't know I struck you so hard with that remark.
Taking Heroin should decrease anxiety, and increase your ability to sleep,
but since you are experiencing neither, it is obvious that you are experiencing benzo WD.
If ur book says so is OK for me

If ur book says so is OK for me
Why did that remark hurt you so much?
I'm very sorry that it did, I'm not a sociologist.

I've learned enough through my job, watching people having epileptic attacks from benzo WD, panic attacks, breaking shit, breaking even more shit, suicidal "urges", threatening people with a knife/screwdriver, this list is long.

I didn't intend to hurt you, but I lost a very good friend to benzos and heroin,
and just "playing around with low doses, no problem", this topic makes me angry by default,
you just stood in the crossfire.

Please don't downplay the WD, if you're experiencing anxiety while you're on (an appropiate dose of) opiates, there's obviously something wrong, no matter how much you try to ridicule me. So there's already a WD, even with your low-dosage intake of benzos.

Why did that remark hurt you so much?
I'm very sorry that it did, I'm not a sociologist.

I've learned enough through my job, watching people having epileptic attacks from benzo WD, panic attacks, breaking shit, breaking even more shit, suicidal "urges", threatening people with a knife/screwdriver, this list is long.

I didn't intend to hurt you, but I lost a very good friend to benzos and heroin,
and just "playing around with low doses, no problem", this topic makes me angry by default,
you just stood in the crossfire.

Please don't downplay the WD, if you're experiencing anxiety while you're on (an appropiate dose of) opiates, there's obviously something wrong, no matter how much you try to ridicule me. So there's already a WD, even with your low-dosage intake of benzos.
Dn rd

you know if you want to show you're not interested, you should stop replying, it's sending mixed signals.
You're essentially saying "please I need more replies from you".
Just a little communication 101. See, that is why we're having issues with communication. We're both very bad at it.

Have a wonderful day my sweet, darling little bird, fly and be you