• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Question

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I haven?t really smoked weed in 13 years. Here in Oklahoma it has become legal w a medical card.

I have legitimate diagnosis. I have MDD, w psychosis. PTSD, OCD, ADD, . Insomnia.

When I tried it a few times in the past it has made me very anxious.

My faith has made it very hard for me if Something is illegal to do because I have a conviction not to do it.

Here they are not writing benzos hardly anymore. I?m going to see a new doc but in all honesty I don?t want benzos because from 2010 to 2017 I was on klonopin, I had to move because I was getting kicked out of where I live. I was yanked off of three mg a day and had two grand mal seizures.

That?s why I?m deathly afraid of benzos because they can kill you.

So here I am asking is it a good idea for me to get a card so I can smoke or take edibles to maybe help with what I deal with?

I?m also afraid that weed will trigger some psychosis in me. Idk tho if it will.

I haven?t really smoked weed in 13 years. Here in Oklahoma it has become legal w a medical card.

I have legitimate diagnosis. I have MDD, w psychosis. PTSD, OCD, ADD, . Insomnia.

My faith has made it very hard for me if Something is illegal to do because I have a conviction not to do it.

Here they are not writing benzos hardly anymore. I?m going to see a new doc but in all honesty I don?t want benzos because from 2010 to 2017 I was on klonopin, I had to move because I was getting kicked out of where I live. I was yanked off of three mg a day and had two grand mal seizures.

So here I am asking is it a good idea for me to get a card so I can smoke or take edibles to maybe help with what I deal with?

I?m also afraid that weed will trigger some psychosis in me. Idk tho if it will.
If you are worried or believe that eating, vaping, or smoking pot will make you go into psychosis or a psychotic break do not ingest any THC. Some people have used pure CBD to treat anxiety and panic, and it contains no THC. But talk to a doctor, psychiatrist, or actual medical professional about this. You will not get into any legal trouble.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas, and have a safe and happy 2019.

It's not possible for us to really recommend or advise you here; Priest hit the nail on the head, speak to your doctor. We can only offer basic anecdotal stuff...

If you are anxious and found that weed caused anxiety in the past, I suspect you will experience the same thing. In rare cases, it does seem to trigger mental illness in those predisposed- given what you have been going through, I would probably advise against it. If you do go for it, stick to low THC strains or the CBD oil recommended above. But there is no doubt that pot can cause anxiety and panic attacks even in 'normally' chilled folks. It is potent drug especially to the anxious and non-tolerant!

One thing; no God wrote our laws so legality of a plant (surely made by the creator if you believe this) has nothing to do with sin or immorality or God even. Society has invented this terribly damaging idea that drug use is unethical or weak in the eyes of God. If a creator creates plants, who are we to say whether it is right or wrong to consume them?

Last edited:
psychosis and cannabis do not mix at all.. and in fact it can trigger psychotic episodes in people who are already at risk. Being that you said it has made you very anxious in the past, I'd highly recommend against it.

I'd be very surprised if a doctor gave you cannabis if you suffer from psychosis.

Out of interest, what exactly are you hoping to use it to treat, out of everything you listed?

I don?t want to do it. I just want to be able to go back to those days where I would smoke a bowl and relax and watch TV.

But I remember coming out of my meth psychosis and I couldn?t do any. Until I started to snap out of it about seven months later it was ok until May of 06 and man the psychosis it was drawing out was intense so I laid off of it.

While I was sober my roommate would still smoke and I would get tempted maybe once a month but every time I ever did it it made my religious theme go nuts.

I?ve laid off of it for a long time and would just like to go back but I?m thinking those days are over.

This is what I would go through.

Ok, I was doing completely fine well not completely fine from 06 to 08. I remember in 06 after my psychosis I would smoke weed and it would throw me into a mini derealization episode.

I would think that that I was in heaven and stuff like that. Very freaky stuff. In 06 I also gave my life to Jesus. I stopped all drugs but my roommate would still smoke weed thus tempting me when I started to get anxious.

I was fine for the the most part enjoying my new found relationship with Jesus. But when I would smoke I would be in a totally different world. Sometimes I would think that really this world was Satan?s and that he was just wanting us to suffer.

But as as soon as the high would go away I would come back to reality but would be left with anxiety for a few days.

One time right right before I quit my job I smoked and I thought I was dead and that I had no hope of going to heaven. I snapped out of it and was ok until May 08 when I started to have POCD. I was very disturbed by the intrusive thoughts I was having so I smoked weed and bam! I thought I was dead and my OCD has latched unto this theme ever since.

I cant read the Word without it triggering me. Sometimes I can go months without this but if my anxiety is bothering me I can easily get triggered.

Now now when I do have these spikes or flashback I think I?m dead and the hot flashes I have are hell. The anxiety just tells me that this is my suffering. 

Now my trauma trauma from the past always haunts me. I can?t seem to get over whatever this is and my head goes around and round of what it is.

If you do decide to use cannabis again, the only thing I can add to the excellent advice given above is don't 'smoke bowls'. Just smoke a joint or two in the evening, diluted with either tobacco if you're a smoker, or a herbal smoking mixture. IME most of the negative effects of cannabis can be avoided by low dosing. Stay away from bongs...

Oh, and don't listen to Jesus... ;)