• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Question the drip from snorting

louisvillemusicman

Bluelighter
I can't really find an answer to this anywhere.
When you get the drip after snorting something, does it do anything?
Since it is going down your throat and into your stomach, does your stomach absorb it or is it just inert at that point?
I usually deal with Focalin and the drip is disgusting so I usually end up coughing it out accidentally but because just dealing with it could possibly produce more effects I try to get over it.
So should I just blow my nose after I am done or let it do it's thing?
Peace & Love, Ben

You wanna let the drugs sit in your nose for a good while. Whatever drips is pretty much a waste with the sniffable drugs like dope and coke. Try not to blow it and try to not let to much drip but your always gonna get one.

Yeah keep it in your nose. I wouldn't blow your nose unless its been in there for at least an hour.

And yes, whatever active drug is in the drip will just get absorbed in your stomach/digestive system.

The answer to your question depends on the drug. Drugs such as heroin, cocaine, oxymorphone, are all absorbed much better nasally than in your stomach. So while the drip is not a WASTE per se, you ideally want to try and keep as much of the drug in your nasal passages for your mucous membranes to absorb. This can be achieved by snorting smaller lines, instead of one huge fat rail. Drugs like oxycodone and other drugs with higher oral bio availability it doesn't matter as much. Whatever doesn't get absorbed will get absorbed by your stomach eventually.

This thread may be of interest to you, but yes, Brokedown is exactly right. It gets into your system some way or another.

If you're annoyed with or worried about the effects of snorting powder, check out the thread I linked in the line above.

Most drugs that are snorted are readily water soluble so for the most part, you're getting far more of the insoluble cuts/binders/fillers in the drip than active ingredients. Also, as has been mentioned, it'll still be absorbed if it makes it to your stomach but for most drugs that are snorted, what makes it to your GI tract will be absorbed with a lower bioavailability.

If you really want it to hit you hard, right when the drip is at the back of your throat inhale quickly and deeply to pull it into your lungs! Just kidding I got snuck up on and surprised after doing a few lines and had bronchitis for a few weeks, but it did seem to hit me harder, could have been the adrenalin rush of being surprised, but im not going to test it, antibiotics destroy my stomach.

yes, the drip will increase your high, duhhhhhhhh. the more shit you get down your throat into your system, the better.

onto the drip taste topic, the fucking hate the way a heroin drip tastes. so disgusting. as far as drugs you can put up your nose goes my favorites are meth and coke. the coke drip actually tastes good, i enjoy it. i also like the numbness effect you get in your mouth. the meth drip is ok, i dont necessarily like it but ive gotten used it. the burning sensation you get in your eyes and how they tear up is the most harsh part about it, but i got used to that as well. meth rocks, and i also love my cannabis. chea.

You wanna let the drugs sit in your nose for a good while. Whatever drips is pretty much a waste with the sniffable drugs like dope and coke. Try not to blow it and try to not let to much drip but your always gonna get one.
I always tried to expedite the drip with powder D you get in NYC. I always thought the taste was a good indicator of quality. Plus my nose would prettty much leak if I didn’t give a good sniff…I can’t tell you how many times I struggled to keep my nose from spilling snot or sniffing like crazy around people who didn’t use !!

yes, the drip will increase your high, duhhhhhhhh. the more shit you get down your throat into your system, the better.

onto the drip taste topic, the fucking hate the way a heroin drip tastes. so disgusting. as far as drugs you can put up your nose goes my favorites are meth and coke. the coke drip actually tastes good, i enjoy it. i also like the numbness effect you get in your mouth. the meth drip is ok, i dont necessarily like it but ive gotten used it. the burning sensation you get in your eyes and how they tear up is the most harsh part about it, but i got used to that as well. meth rocks, and i also love my cannabis. chea.
Well no... the more stuff that stays in your nose and absorbs into your mucous membrane the better

Going down your throat is usually far and away "second best". You want as little of it as possible to take that route

But yes it is better for it to go down your throat than to spit it out as it will absorb in smaller amounts (depending on oral BA) rather than it just being wasted